• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8: Virginia Tech @ Clemson (Oct. 20, 2012)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IDK how this became the Kyle Chung thread but i'll throw my two cents in:

Tons of guys evey year make position switches between HS and college and IMO TE to OL is no different than RB to LB or QB to WR etc. The only time i have a problem with position swapping is when you bring a guy in and work him for 2years at a position and then decide to make the switch. Even when it works out and guys become contributors it leaves you wondering how much better they could have been with more time at the position.

Kyle Chung: if im a high school coach and have a 6'4" 250# guy who can block but that can also run and catch, im not going to waste his running/catching by sticking him on the OL.

Chung was moved from TE to OL this year already so all 3 of our OL commits are already on the line.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
About ready to throw 'em back in Clemson, SC boys! Thought I'd stop by the Hoop and check in before we head out for the evening. Enjoy the weekend folks. GO HOKIES!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen some writers say on sites that our best shot to win is to get in a shootout and hope to outscore them/get a few turnovers. Couldn't disagree more. Clemson's run D is ranked #99 in the country, pass D not much better at #78. FSU torched them on the ground for about 280 yards. If we can run like we did on Duke (albeit mostly two big plays), we should be able to run on Clemson.

On offense, If we can run the ball effectively, chew up some clock/sustain drives, and keep Boyd, Watkins, Hopkins off the field...sprinkle in 2 or 3 big plays=Good thing
On Defense, Like many of you have said...get a good pass rush with the line and maybe a blitzing LB here or there, drop the safeties in zone to help over the top. Get a few turnovers.

If VT can do these things, I think we have a good shot at winning. If VT gets in a shootout.. I don't think we will win.

VT's lunchpail D shows up and holds Clemson to their lowest output of the season..

VT-28 Clem-24

Then again..this could be the score at halftime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, 2 sacks on the opening drive? Where has this been all year?!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On 3rd and 1 a toss sweep would be a TD...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FULLER TO THE HOUSE!!!!!