• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7: The Bungals

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously dude, when I say there were no CB's better than Houston drafted after Best, and you post a LB you look like an idiot. A LB is not a better corner than Houston. Period. No question.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue? You are talking about drafting someone in the first to replace Houston. And you are talking about a LB. A LB. Think about that.

An OLB who has similar pass rushing skills to Clay Matthews, and can play the run... It doesn't matter that they are two different positions.. He is an elite player and would upgrade the current defense exponentially..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An OLB who has similar pass rushing skills to Clay Matthews, and can play the run... It doesn't matter that they are two different positions.. He is an elite player and would upgrade the current defense exponentially..

It matters to this conversation. Go back and read. You posted that we should have drafted a corner in the first instead of Best. To replace Houston. We aren't discussing if anyone drafted after Best turned out better than Best. YOU SAID A CB. Is this really that difficult? Follow the fucking conversation.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously dude, when I say there were no CB's better than Houston drafted after Best, and you post a LB you look like an idiot. A LB is not a better corner than Houston. Period. No question.

The point being that there were elite player that could have contributed way more than Houston has that were selected after Best.. And the two corners I mentioned are better than Houston... He is the best of a garbage bunch and nothing more.. Don't act like the Lions had no chance to upgrade this secondary more than its current state because that is fucking garbage.. You can point to many things on why the secondary is bad and this is just one of many.. Stop sucking on the management's knobs.. They have done an awful job on development and scouting for the back 4, period!!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And noone is overrating Houston. My point that you got your panties in a bunch about is that the Lions did not have a realistic shot at any upgrade over houston. He is our best option to play the top CB spot.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the defense in general.. The LB core is very good this year, but could have been better.. I'll say they've done a bad job with the back 7..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point being that there were elite player that could have contributed way more than Houston has that were selected after Best.. And the two corners I mentioned are better than Houston... He is the best of a garbage bunch and nothing more.. Don't act like the Lions had no chance to upgrade this secondary more than its current state because that is fucking garbage.. You can point to many things on why the secondary is bad and this is just one of many.. Stop sucking on the management's knobs.. They have done an awful job on development and scouting for the back 4, period!!

What option have the Lions realistically had to upgrade that spot?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And noone is overrating Houston. My point that you got your panties in a bunch about is that the Lions did not have a realistic shot at any upgrade over houston. He is our best option to play the top CB spot.

They had plenty of shots dude.. Houston is an ideal Nickel or 2nd CB, not a feature.. Most people know this...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What option have the Lions realistically had to upgrade that spot?

Dude I'm not going to go through it but plenty of CBs were taken in the last few years that could be a top 2 legit starting CB on the Lions right now.. Quin is the only legit DB on the entire team.. Maybe Slay develops into something but so far I'm not impressed..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had plenty of shots dude.. Houston is an ideal Nickel or 2nd CB, not a feature.. Most people know this...

Then tell me who? Houston is a low end CB1 or a high end CB2.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to stay on thread arguing over trash on why the Lions should be better.. They lost and the secondary is horrible.. You can't argue that.. I'm fucking out.. NO wonder Zwic hated you..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is mid level 2 and high level Nickel. You are overrating him..

Still waiting for you to tell me a defintive player who would be better lining up at our top CB spot than Houston. Just 1. Do it, or go away.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to stay on thread arguing over trash on why the Lions should be better.. They lost and the secondary is horrible.. You can't argue that.. I'm fucking out.. NO wonder Zwic hated you..

I dont give a fuck if Zwic hated me. I am asking you to back up your shitty little claim and you cant do it. Houston is the best option available to the Lions at CB.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who I name because you're argument will be that Houston is better.. You won't even take the time to research a player I name.. So it makes no sense for me to put towards the effort and making a list..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont give a fuck if Zwic hated me. I am asking you to back up your shitty little claim and you cant do it. Houston is the best option available to the Lions at CB.

No he isn't GTFO!!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't GTFO!!

Then name someone. What CB have the Lions had a shot at that is better than Houston? I have asked you this about a dozen times. Stop deflecting and answer it. So far you've named a couple of questionable #2 CB's that would upgrade the other side, and a LB. None of which give us a upgrade over Chris Houston a the CB1 spot.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then name someone. What CB have the Lions had a shot at that is better than Houston? I have asked you this about a dozen times. Stop deflecting and answer it. So far you've named a couple of questionable #2 CB's that would upgrade the other side, and a LB. None of which give us a upgrade over Chris Houston a the CB1 spot.

They would totally be upgrades.. McCourty wasn't moved to safety for lack of performance.. He clearly was a better CB than Houston.. But I guess you forgot about his all pro season a few years ago.. I'm even going to mention guys like Richard Sherman, because I don't expect the Lions to scout that well. And even then I bet your ass would say Houston is on par with him.. Which is fucking bullshit..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only name you could possibly name is Sherman. But noone really saw him being this good. I'm not willing to fault the Lions for what 31 other teams passed on 4 times and a handful 5 times.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would totally be upgrades.. McCourty wasn't moved to safety for lack of performance.. He clearly was a better CB than Houston.. But I guess you forgot about his all pro season a few years ago.. I'm even going to mention guys like Richard Sherman, because I don't expect the Lions to scout that well. And even then I bet your ass would say Houston is on par with him.. Which is fucking bullshit..

See above for Sherman. If McCourty was a legit CB1 he wouldn't be playing S. Noone puts a top CB at S. It doesnt happen.