• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 @ KC

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad state of affairs today gents! It is what it is...

Coaching... Pretty bad coaching today. Mainly Haley showing how awful he can be in crucial situations. 4 & 1 and you run it to the left behind the weakest part of the line (Foster & AVill) with your backup RB? Haley is the only dumbass that would think that was a smart move. He'll chalk that up to "execution" to cover his own ass like he always does. Guarantee we see lots of stories about how Tomlin always loses these "winnable games". Pretty sad showing, but seeing how banged up the team is I'll give him a pass. Butler's scheme was good, but his tools were inept. More on that in the D section. C+

O... A combination of a bad LT & QB made for a fairly sour day. Add in the inept playcalling in crucial situations... End result was a disaster. Landry's turnovers proved to be too difficult to overcome. We predicted that he would come back to his usual Landry self. Bell, Brown & Bryant were able to have productive outings. So all was not completely lost. DeCastro & Gilbert looked pretty good. C+

D... The opportunistic streak has come to a salty end. The loss of Tuitt played a monumental factor today. They continuously ran the ball with relative ease against Thomas. So I rhetorically ask again... Why did the coaches spoon feed us roaring reviews of Thomas' improvements all offseason? Has coach Mitchell lost his touch? I don't care how good someone looks pushing a sled around Latrobe... If he can't hold his ground or make stops in the run game then he has no business being employed on the pro level. Aside from Thomas, Blake continued to show what a complete liability he is out there. WR2's through WR4's are having career days when they line up against Blake. They need to keep Blake in the slot where he's more equipped to handle the duties. He is awful on the outside. Boykin saw a few snaps today. He didn't look like much of a liability so hopefully he gets more snaps. Gay went down to a shoulder injury so this secondary is going to get a whole lot worse if not. He must have ate Tomlin's lunch at some point. Makes no sense why they don't use him. A few positive notes worth mentioning... Heyward had a good day and so did Mitchell. We are thankfully starting to see some returns from Mitchell. The front 7 pressure was inconsistent, but still present. D+ (seems harsh but going up against a wounded offense without Maclin & Charles... appropriate)

ST... Boswell was his usual studly self. Wish he would have gotten that 51yd attempt on the 4th & 1 play. Didn't even pay attention to the punts so no clue how Berry did. Says he had a 45.5avg so that seems decent. 33 net though.. not so much lol. I'll go with a B-

Overall... Not playing playoff contender type of football right now. But the team is banged up. Hard to piece together wins in the state the team is in. But looking back... Sans Roethlisberger... 2-2 is pretty damn good, all things considered. 3-1 was in reach, but would have been a pipe dream if you would have called that after Ben went down. Still should have played better today. Defense looked like its '13-14 form. I'll be praying for a rebound. C-

Outlook... One more AFC loss to a sub.500 team. Not good at all. Looks like Ben is going to give it a go next week so we have some light on the horizon. We'll need Tuitt back and AVill to step it up. Having a QB with a quicker release and better mobility will improve the entire offense. They should be able to put up more than 3 pts in a half (2 weeks in a row? :L). Just don't be surprised if the playcalling is still suspect! Lookin at you Haley! Big divisional game next week. We'll need all hands on deck against a surprisingly great Bengal team. Dalton is going to shred this secondary so we need the offense to step it up big time.

Only saw highlights Face, but you've painted the picture well enough...I was getting sort of a p-b-p on text from my KC fan brother-n-law.

Short and sweet for me...seems like it was a winnable game, self destructed...the DEF gave up a buck 140 on the ground to who? Obviously the turnovers which somehow I felt would happen...LT play has to get better and I'm confident it will.

Regardless of how we got there...4-3 getting Ben back is not bad, but the DEF has to get back to week 5-6 type level to beat CIN.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again we play like shit to the shit teams.....

Ben has his work cut out for him that's for sure.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just reread my post and I can sense the bitterness lol. I should always wait a day or 2 before posting my recap so emotions don't play into it as much.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just reread my post and I can sense the bitterness lol. I should always wait a day or 2 before posting my recap so emotions don't play into it as much.

Didn't see anything bitter about it....
Sounds like any other die hard Steeler fan....
We just fuckin kicked the pooch.... shit team and we let them beat our ass.....fuckin unreal!!!