• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7- Green Bay Packers @ Denver Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Kareem likely suspended after another ejection today we’ll probably get to see Skinner for a little bit next week. Moss I think maybe after the bye unless someone gets hurt.

I don't know that we will see Skinner much at all this year.

He wasn't even active when Locke and Simmons were both out. Doesn't seem he is ready to be trusted yet. Basically a red shirt for him like Jamar Johnson did his rookie year. Hopefully he turns out better then Johnson in year 2. My guess is we go with Simmons, Locke, Turner-Yell and Moss will be active next week but probably not Skinner.

I don't want to jinx it but other then early on in the season we have stayed way more healthier this year then the last 5 years.

Still not helping us win though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not one for "what ifs" or discounting what transpired, however, the Packers' two TDs were both flukes

Surtain had two hands on the ball with both feet down, and at that moment, the play should have been ruled an INT regardless of what happened afterwards

The second TD was an incompletion having gone thru the Doubs' hands .. It was 4th down and should have been a turnover on downs

Alex Singleton - with the exception of missing the tackle on Dillon, played his best game, and perhaps the best game of any Bronco defender this season

For sure Singleton's best game of the year but not the best game of any Bronco defender this year... Would actually not even be in the top 10 graded Bronco defenders in a single game this year. Still needs to be in better position. It was a big improvement though over the first 6 weeks and after a great year last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice we have a lot less posts during a win then we do a loss?

Moral of the story- People love to complain and be negative? ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure Singleton's best game of the year but not the best game of any Bronco defender this year... Would actually not even be in the top 10 graded Bronco defenders in a single game this year. Still needs to be in better position. It was a big improvement though over the first 6 weeks and after a great year last year.
With a few exceptions, #49 seemed to be in on every single tackle today ..

I think due to the volume of plays that Singleton is in on, the chances of being out of position or misplaying it are higher than, say a CB ..

Singleton was on the field all day, by that 4th quarter, he barely seem winded ... Gotta love his energy

As for the lack of excitement and volume on this forum, I can understand fans wanting to jockey for draft position once the team is eliminated from the playoffs or in the final week, but not now .. I mean, the Bills stand at 4-3, the Bengals 3-3, the Bolts have the same amount of wins as us -- 9 of the 16 AFC teams have 3 or fewer wins ..

There is no denying that the Broncos are on an upward trajectory and are improving

If this teams brings it and plays lights out for the majority of next week's game, the vibe and momentum will be completely reversed

GO BRONCOS

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice we have a lot less posts during a win then we do a loss?

Moral of the story- People love to complain and be negative? ;)
Because when we win some of you actually think this signifies some greater change on the horizon. Meanwhile we're still the worst defense in the NFL, still an anemic offense, and unless we actually get some help in the draft are doomed to being excited for wins against the bears and packers for years to come.

Get this shit over with. Im tired of all of it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when we win some of you actually think this signifies some greater change on the horizon. Meanwhile we're still the worst defense in the NFL, still an anemic offense, and unless we actually get some help in the draft are doomed to being excited for wins against the bears and packers for years to come.

Maybe you should stop watching? Sounds like this is all bad for your health? ;)

Right now we pick 4th and we still have a long ways to go before the season is over. I'm not getting too high or too low about wins or loses or draft position this early in the season. I do enjoy when my team wins. In the long run is picking high more important? Maybe, but it never means you're going to hit on the pick either, so who knows... More then anything I am happy for the guys in the locker room to get a win. It sucks to lose, it sucks to lose and not get a good draft pick.. Overall, it just sucks to sucks. Weather I root for the Broncos to win or lose it doesn't control what they are actually going to do... So when they win... I find happiness. When they lose it still sucks but I see the positive in it. I don't want to live my life rooting for suck so I am happy when they win. Doesn't matter anyway if I want them to win or lose they are going to do what they do so might as well be happy when we do win and hope things start to come together and this culture gets flipped and hit on draft picks no matter where we draft. Not going to be upset when my team wins just because it hurts our draft pick slot. Might as well not even be a fan of a team if I think like that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On another subject - are you going to dress up as the eggplant emoji for Halloween again?

• Clown
Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the game - with the Packers getting the ball with more than enough time to win with a FG - I was absolutely sure they would lose. Nice twist ending.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should stop watching? Sounds like this is all bad for your health? ;)

Right now we pick 4th and we still have a long ways to go before the season is over. I'm not getting too high or too low about wins or loses or draft position this early in the season. I do enjoy when my team wins. In the long run is picking high more important? Maybe, but it never means you're going to hit on the pick either, so who knows... More then anything I am happy for the guys in the locker room to get a win. It sucks to lose, it sucks to lose and not get a good draft pick.. Overall, it just sucks to sucks. Weather I root for the Broncos to win or lose it doesn't control what they are actually going to do... So when they win... I find happiness. When they lose it still sucks but I see the positive in it. I don't want to live my life rooting for suck so I am happy when they win. Doesn't matter anyway if I want them to win or lose they are going to do what they do so might as well be happy when we do win and hope things start to come together and this culture gets flipped and hit on draft picks no matter where we draft. Not going to be upset when my team wins just because it hurts our draft pick slot. Might as well not even be a fan of a team if I think like that.
Maybe you shouldn't wrap up a dig at people who want to rip the bandaid off of this shit team in your next post about being glad the team won.

Thanks for the reminder as well that there's much more to life than watching overpaid athletes and Taylor Swift every weekend.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked that vs the Bears....

That was rough.

I don't get starting Hoyer. Patriots as a team and McDaniels love Hoyer. I get it, he is smart, he knows the offense but he doesn't give you a good chance to win... and without watching any of that game I know the Bears offense moved the ball well on the Raiders D from the looks at it so it wasn't all the QB but when you can't muster up any offense and leave your D on the field....

Jimmy G should be back this week but when he is out again you just gotta roll with O'Connell next time.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, he still was a lability at times, but did get better so there is that. D is improved, but this was against a pretty bad QB and they still had over 300 yards with almost 140 yards rushing at nearly a 5 yard per carry average. That won't get it done against better teams.

I loved how well the offense moved the ball today but we have to start scoring TD's when we get in the redzone. The penalties down there are brutal.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was rough.

I don't get starting Hoyer. Patriots as a team and McDaniels love Hoyer. I get it, he is smart, he knows the offense but he doesn't give you a good chance to win... and without watching any of that game I know the Bears offense moved the ball well on the Raiders D from the looks at it so it wasn't all the QB but when you can't muster up any offense and leave your D on the field....

Jimmy G should be back this week but when he is out again you just gotta roll with O'Connell next time.
Hoyer played well the week before in relief of Jimmy. McDaniels stuck with him too long before going to AOC.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham sucks as a DC too.

We gotta fire McDaniels and Graham soon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham sucks as a DC too.

We gotta fire McDaniels and Graham soon.

How long before you think it will take place? Raiders had some favorable games on their plate the last few weeks and lost one of those. If McDaniels doesn't make it through the season it will mark, two HC gigs where he ended up not making it through his second season.

I don't think Hoyer gives you much of a chance to win to be honest. I would go with O'Connell even though you will take some bumps with him being a rookie. He gives you a better chance IMO... Hoyer has a long history of being the Patriots next guy after an injury and not producing thus going to someone else.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before you think it will take place? Raiders had some favorable games on their plate the last few weeks and lost one of those. If McDaniels doesn't make it through the season it will mark, two HC gigs where he ended up not making it through his second season.

I don't think Hoyer gives you much of a chance to win to be honest. I would go with O'Connell even though you will take some bumps with him being a rookie. He gives you a better chance IMO... Hoyer has a long history of being the Patriots next guy after an injury and not producing thus going to someone else.
Hoyer is 0-13 in his last 13 starts.