• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 AP Poll

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you probably also think Vanderbilt is extremely weak, when in actuality, in terms of efficiency, they are practically identical to Indiana, plus it was a road game, not that Vanderbilt is a hostile environment, but still. And Florida used their back up QB that game. They were dominant against UK and North Texas, and played a bad half against Umass.

I'm not saying Florida is some great team, but you need to rank 25 teams if you're going to have a top 25. My guess is they would have beaten LSU, finished up the rest of their schedule at 8-4/9-3(pre bowls) and be ranked somewhere between 15-30.

Vandy will probably be a 3 win team. They are a bad team and so is UK and North Texas. Something to do with Florida being that high is bc they were overranked in the preseason. We see this from certain teams year in an year out. Florida has 0 good wins, but that is something they can't help bc they play their schedule which so far is absolute shit other than Tennessee. I would say we will find out how good this team really is but their entire schedule is pretty poor actually. They might play LSU, who knows, other than that there toughest game is Florida State who is an unpredictable team so far this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss and FSU have the same record and OM is 2 spots ahead of them. I can never stand that. When the teams are that close in the rankings, head to head should matter.... JMO OM might have the better of the 2 L's on the schedule or maybe it was the way FSU lost?

It doesn't matter to me personally but for me I like for head-to-head to come into play later in the season, at this point we don't know how good these teams will finish out the rest of the season.

Ole Miss barely lost to the #1 team.
Florida St got killed by a top 10 1 loss team in Louisville and lost to a North Carolina team that has much less talent than they have.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody else notice, they left the Cleveland browns out of the rankings... whats up with that?

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter to me personally but for me I like for head-to-head to come into play later in the season, at this point we don't know how good these teams will finish out the rest of the season.

Ole Miss barely lost to the #1 team.
Florida St got killed by a top 10 1 loss team in Louisville and lost to a North Carolina team that has much less talent than they have.

Florida State should be ahead of Ole Miss but neither team deserves to be top 15 right now. Ole Miss should be 5-0, but you don't get credit for winning half of the game. FSU should have beaten UNC, but shit happens. FSU got embarrassed by Louisville, that will effect their ranking the rest of the year unless they beat Clemson

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vandy will probably be a 3 win team. They are a bad team and so is UK and North Texas. Something to do with Florida being that high is bc they were overranked in the preseason. We see this from certain teams year in an year out. Florida has 0 good wins, but that is something they can't help bc they play their schedule which so far is absolute shit other than Tennessee. I would say we will find out how good this team really is but their entire schedule is pretty poor actually. They might play LSU, who knows, other than that there toughest game is Florida State who is an unpredictable team so far this season.

Yes, I'm agreeing Vandy is a bad team, I never said they were good, beating them by 7 points is not overly impressive. And yes, beating Kentucky and North Texas by a combined 77-7, even though they are bad collectively(UK is an average FBS team, North Texas is bad) I would say is impressive. I honestly don't understand the hate.

Florida Ranks:
AP Poll: 18
Coaches Poll: 14
Computer Composite: 20
Efficiency Rank: 25
FPI: 17
Game Control: 17

But it's laughable for me to suggest they are a top 25 team? Okay?

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Tennessee, and want them to lose each game by 40+, but if you watched their game against A&M, you can see where they shouldn't drop, certainly shouldn't drop far, for losing in overtime.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I just got slapped with my seventh sexual harassment suit this year. Man, I tell ya, the broads in my office -- great racks, no sense of humor.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I said their offense isn't good. Out of the entire FBS, it's a slightly above average offense, but it doesn't need to be prolific when you have a top 20 defense.

And yes, Vandy isn't a good 2-4 team, just like Indiana isn't a good 3-2 team. It's not like Indiana has performed well this season, they were trailing both FIU and MSU going into the 4th quarter.
Also extremely debatable. The average offense they've faced is rated 88th in efficiency on average out of 128, and that number is only that high because Tennessee is 36th. After that there's a huge dropoff for the other 4 offenses. Even with such a soft group of offenses faced, they're still not even in the top 15 in terms of defensive efficiency.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm agreeing Vandy is a bad team, I never said they were good, beating them by 7 points is not overly impressive. And yes, beating Kentucky and North Texas by a combined 77-7, even though they are bad collectively(UK is an average FBS team, North Texas is bad) I would say is impressive. I honestly don't understand the hate.

Florida Ranks:

FWIW, I don't think it's laughable for you to suggest they are a top 25 team. I was more commenting on how weak the back end of the top 25 is when they are ranked where they are.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully UT will be dropping out of the top 25 after Saturday's beatdown that is coming UT's way...:yes:
I really don't see us winning (ton of injuries, plus Bama is extremely talented). I still think even a whoopin' keeps us in the 20-25 range. I'll just be glad when this Florida/Georgia/A&M/Bama stretch will be over with. :L

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also extremely debatable. The average offense they've faced is rated 88th in efficiency on average out of 128, and that number is only that high because Tennessee is 36th. After that there's a huge dropoff for the other 4 offenses. Even with such a soft group of offenses faced, they're still not even in the top 15 in terms of defensive efficiency.

Florida Ranks:

Scoring Defense: #1
Yards/Game: #2
Pass Yards/Game: #4
Rush Yards/Game: #7
Defensive Efficiency(ESPN) #16
Defensive Efficiency(S&P+) #3

Everything suggests they are a top 20 defense, god forbid if I say they are though though.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss ranked to high... Should be 16-18 range

Let's see what happens when we go TO Arkansas and TO Baton Rouge the next couple weeks..

If we come out of those two with wins... Then yea maybe top 10..

Don't like our chances especially seeing that LSU getting a bye week to heal up...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss ranked to high... Should be 16-18 range

Let's see what happens when we go TO Arkansas and TO Baton Rouge the next couple weeks..

If we come out of those two with wins... Then yea maybe top 10..

Don't like our chances especially seeing that LSU getting a bye week to heal up...
Arkansas beat Lousiana Tech by 1 and needed two OT's to beat a TCU team that was just stretched to the limit by KANSAS.

LSU is a one trick pony, granted it's a really. really good trick but still.

Ole Miss should win both to stay ranked right where they are at.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida Ranks:

Sure you can put them top 20 if they go 9-3 or 8-3 (if they don't play the LSU game) but look at their wins and the eye test and tell me they are top 20-25 team now or then...bc they aren't. If you consistently beat up bad teams you will move up slightly every week and that's all they have been doing. They should be ranked in the polls but they aren't a top 25 team looking at all the factors and the eye test IMO

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I say they are a top 20 defense, literally EVERY stat backs that up and you face palm me? lol.

I understand they've played shitty offenses. Which is why I didn't use straight up scoring defense or YPG at first. Also, weren't you the one, who hated efficiency in the off season when discussing Arkansas?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas beat Lousiana Tech by 1 and needed two OT's to beat a TCU team that was just stretched to the limit by KANSAS.

LSU is a one trick pony, granted it's a really. really good trick but still.

Ole Miss should win both to stay ranked right where they are at.

Well they will move up but not in the top 10. Getting two wins where the teams were projected to be better (Arkansas and LSU) will win them votes but it shouldn't.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida Ranks:

Scoring Defense: #1
Yards/Game: #2
Pass Yards/Game: #4
Rush Yards/Game: #7
Defensive Efficiency(ESPN) #16
Defensive Efficiency(S&P+) #3

Everything suggests they are a top 20 defense, god forbid if I say they are though though.
Oh calm down, I'm not attacking you. I'm saying their defensive value is debatable at this point considering how bad the offenses they've faced are. Also, they're 3rd in scoring defense behind OSU and michigan. We'll see how things shake out as the season goes on, but again, my entire point has been it's laughable how weak the back of the rankings are when Florida is in the top 20. I've said that so many times now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you can put them top 20 if they go 9-3 or 8-3 (if they don't play the LSU game) but look at their wins and the eye test and tell me they are top 20-25 team now or then...bc they aren't. If you consistently beat up bad teams you will move up slightly every week and that's all they have been doing. They should be ranked in the polls but they aren't a top 25 team looking at all the factors and the eye test IMO

According to my eye they looked like a top 25 team against Kentucky, North Texas and Tennessee. And didn't against Umass and Vandy. Judging them off their entire season I would put them in the top 25, as I did for the SportsHoopla poll.