• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 Game Thread - at Oakland

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look there is little tricks That great OL Coaches do that make their lines look better ... Alex Gibbs gave this staff plenty footage on how to make a OL look good with manning as our QB. If they don't want gibbs back start stealing from some of those game plans from that year ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost Clady that year and yet we scored like crazy that year ! We trade Cladys replacement of that year this year because he was not up to snuff ..

You guys are not getting it is not talent we are missing it is OL Coaching\scheme Meshing ....The great part is Gibbs did it for us during our SB year ! and guess what we have the personnel to be even better than the SB year on the OL! I don't think Manning is any different

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. Osweiler, after all, is a much better fit for this offense, and he's not getting younger either. Maybe we should go with him after the bye week if Manning continues to struggle next week?

Remember when Drew Bledsoe got injured ?

I say yes, if Manning looks bad again in Cleveland, go for it with Oz

That probably would never happen, but I think it would energize this offense

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak brushed off the possibility of replacing Manning with his presumptive successor, Brock Osweiler, on Monday, stating, "No. Peyton is doing just fine," per USA Today's Lindsay Jones.

That is an obvious, albeit pathetic, attempt to placate those calling for a change . .

Just like the quotes from players during camp saying Manning had more zip on the ball .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas Manning is no different ..sorry same guy

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem this team has is OL Scheme/game plan ..fix that and watch out !

primetime714

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem this team has is OL Scheme/game plan ..fix that and watch out !

I agree I'm hoping the Broncos can make similar adjustments as the ones the Pats made last year after struggling out the gate (when Brady was presumed to be done).

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Manny as our Center for gods sakes people ..and a LT that we traded for a 6th and we killed the league with that ...throw away players you know guys that were a part of a #1 raited OL .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I'm hoping the Broncos can make similar adjustments as the ones the Pats made last year after struggling out the gate (when Brady was presumed to be done).
The good thing is we kind of did the second half of the Raiders game .. The Screens kind of held back JDR

primetime714

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of what you are saying but what Brady did last year has nothing to do with Manning this year.

True, just used Brady as an example of a QB that for a brief period of time didn't look as good as he was because his OL was still figuring stuff out. Manning's struggles have been far longer and more significant than the blip on the radar that Brady had. Just saying there is still hope for Manning if we can figure it out on the OL and get him some protection and some semblance of a running game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, just used Brady as an example of a QB that for a brief period of time didn't look as good as he was because his OL was still figuring stuff out. Manning's struggles have been far longer and more significant than the blip on the radar that Brady had. Just saying there is still hope for Manning if we can figure it out on the OL and get him some protection and some semblance of a running game.
this

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Broncos sitting Peyton at all this season unless there's an injury and I agree with that philosophy. The Broncos are 5-0 and you don't replace your starting QB in that situation and certainly not a QB with the experience, brains and leadership of Peyton Manning. Not only would that place unbelievable pressure on Osweiller but it would immediately become the top story in the NFL. The UNDEFEATED Broncos don't need that kind of circus distraction. I agree with most of you that our offensive issues are threefold. Peyton has surely declined in his physical skills, our offensive line is not very good yet and we have no running game. If the O line and the running game can start to get things going, I believe we'll see a more "Peyton Manning like" Peyton Manning. It would also help if our All Pro receivers would stop dropping passes in the end zone. It's still early in the season and this is one Broncos fan that doesn't even want to imagine a Brock Osweiller led team against Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers. We need the old man's knowledge and smarts to help us get through the gauntlet that's coming. That and our smothering defense continuing to do what they do. I still think our offense will get things going soon. Go Broncos!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Broncos sitting Peyton at all this season unless there's an injury and I agree with that philosophy. The Broncos are 5-0 and you don't replace your starting QB in that situation and certainly not a QB with the experience, brains and leadership of Peyton Manning. Not only would that place unbelievable pressure on Osweiller but it would immediately become the top story in the NFL. The UNDEFEATED Broncos don't need that kind of circus distraction. I agree with most of you that our offensive issues are threefold. Peyton has surely declined in his physical skills, our offensive line is not very good yet and we have no running game. If the O line and the running game can start to get things going, I believe we'll see a more "Peyton Manning like" Peyton Manning. It would also help if our All Pro receivers would stop dropping passes in the end zone. It's still early in the season and this is one Broncos fan that doesn't even want to imagine a Brock Osweiller led team against Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers. We need the old man's knowledge and smarts to help us get through the gauntlet that's coming. That and our smothering defense continuing to do what they do. I still think our offense will get things going soon. Go Broncos!

You make some good points, particularly your point about how foolish it would be to replace a legend like Manning when the team is undefeated. Also agree that "our offensive issues are threefold", not only a QB problem.

While I certainly hope that you are right that "our offense will get things going soon", I am a little skeptical about that. Your observation that "Peyton has surely declined in his physical skills" is one of the main reasons for my skepticism.

Of course I love that the team is winning. I'm not all confident that we will keep winning, however, without significant offensive improvement. While I hope that such improvement doesn't involve switching QBs, I'm not entirely sure that it will not.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this in another thread, but I'm wary of a qb switch because I don't want to go through another Plummer benched for Cutler situation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this in another thread, but I'm wary of a qb switch because I don't want to go through another Plummer benched for Cutler situation.

Yeah I would say until we actually start losing games because of the offense struggling and especially Manning struggling I can't see how we can make this change without it effecting the team. When you throw in the leadership Manning brings to the entire organization again I just see that having more of a negative effect than a positive one. I would love to see Osweiler run this offense and see how defenses have to adjust since they would have to worry more about the deep ball. I just think right now is not that time.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't this bad and this long if I recall correctly. You have more faith then I do I guess. I'd have more faith if there was a little improvement each week by the offense and the schedule coming up as well isn't to favorable. Playoff teams coming up not the garbage the Broncos have played. I hope you are right. I guess well see.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS. It would ruin the morale and chemistry of the team if Manning is benched. Even though he's not playing well, we're talking a hall of fame QB and the most intelligent QB in football. Talk of benching him is pure INSANITY. This is his last season and last chance to win another super bowl. He deserves this last chance, even though he's a shell of the player he use to be. You never know, maybe he still has a couple great games in him and they'll come at the perfect time. The defense is good enough that we can deal with a mediocre offense most of the season, and then you hope they heat up a little bit come playoff time. We'll get our chance to see Osweiler next year.