• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 4... vNYJ

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC….I had to leave again and missed the game after the first few drives. Guess I am glad I am barely watching the Steelers this season.

Curious didn’t see any of Picketts action. How bad was it?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC….I had to leave again and missed the game after the first few drives. Guess I am glad I am barely watching the Steelers this season.

Curious didn’t see any of Picketts action. How bad was it?
@FaCe-LeE-uS -> saw your post on the other thread and it makes me feel better that it wasn't a complete shit show for him.
Sounds like he moved the ball well and the INT's were not his fault.

Now if Tribusky starts next week Tomlin just needs to sit down, those first few drives I saw were a joke.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was exciting seeing the chains move and seeing scoring.

But I hope the Steelers tamp down on Kenny rushing the ball and taking these hits. It's gonna get him hurt. I want him to be mobile and buying time to throw. Rushing QB's get hurt, and the more they do it, the closer that inevitability comes.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4th down conversion I couldn't find a video of. He got hit a lot, and fought through tackles to extend.

Then this one under the pile.

Then this one where he was pounced on by 4 defenders at the line.

Again, awesome that we scored and he was successful. But if he keeps doing it, we're gonna see him carted off before too long.

We should be able to trust an RB to get those yards. If not Najee, get that highly paid fullback on the fucking field and have him open a hole in front of Warren.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS -> saw your post on the other thread and it makes me feel better that it wasn't a complete shit show for him.
Sounds like he moved the ball well and the INT's were not his fault.

Now if Tribusky starts next week Tomlin just needs to sit down, those first few drives I saw were a joke.
The last INT was a hail mary so we can definitely forgive him for that. And see for yourself on INT's #1 & #2...

#1... Ball is underthrown some, but Chase Claypool is 6'4", with a 40.5" vertical... And yet, when was the last time Chase ever caught a contested catch? You know, like an NFL receiver... Chase got 2 hands on this ball, TWO!!! They called this double coverage, but it really isn't. The safety is 3-5yds late to the play and only reason he comes up with it is because its tipped just in time for his arrival. This is 100% on Chase IMO.

#2... They claim this is a bad decision to throw this ball, and I can agree to a degree. It's 2nd & 15 and this throw is only for a gain of maybe 1yd. But nobody was open so it was either throw it away or take a small gain. Kenny placed this ball where only his TE could get it. Not a bad call, but he's taking a risk and trusting his receiver. He's a rookie so let's cut him some slack. Pat also gets 2 hands on this ball. Let's put it this way, if Pat Mahomes made this throw everyone would be praising his accuracy for placing this ball out of the defender's breakup range, and Travis Kelce comes down with this ball 9 times out of 10.

#3... Hail mary is what it is... You chuck it down there and hope your guys can make a play within a mosh pit. Anyone can come down with it. Just so happens that his closest receiver is the most worthless contested ball catcher of the group, Chase Claypool... lmao. Can't throw shade at Chase here because this is a slightly overthrown ball. But guess what, Kenny's backfoot is planted on his own 42yd line... Meaning this was at least a 66yd throw into the backend of the endzone, WITH lofted height to give his receivers a jump ball... We heard all offseason about how analysts & scouts said he didn't have a strong throw. I think everyone can shutup about that now.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your receiver gets two hands on the ball and it ends up an interception anyway, that's more on the receiver than the QB.

Still there is room for criticism of Pickett's throws there. Just not as much as on the WR's who let him down.

He's the rookie who hasn't had first-team reps with them. He needs help from his WR's. Pickett needs to lean on Pickens more. Dude finally crossed the 100-yard point. So it seems like George actually isn't invisible on the field when Kenny is there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Thanks for all of that. I get it is his first game in the NFL but I agree that first INT is all Claypool. No excuse he should have had that and the Safety just happened to get lucky on the tip. The fact he went deep down the middle with no reservations is a sight for sore eyes!

That second INT yeah probably should have thrown it away but the guts to put it only were his TE can get it shows the fearlessness he has. Like the first really should have been caught since the receiver had two hands on it.

Like @Superbelt stated that fearlessness when running needs to subside or he will be hurt and Tribusky or Rudolph will be back in.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, to both interceptions, something Kenny needs to learn is to avoid leaving his WR's defenseless to big hits. Especially on Pat's INT, gaining one yard wasn't worth exposing him to the hit he was going to take for it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your receiver gets two hands on the ball and it ends up an interception anyway, that's more on the receiver than the QB.

Still there is room for criticism of Pickett's throws there. Just not as much as on the WR's who let him down.

He's the rookie who hasn't had first-team reps with them. He needs help from his WR's. Pickett needs to lean on Pickens more. Dude finally crossed the 100-yard point. So it seems like George actually isn't invisible on the field when Kenny is there.

^ Thanks for all of that. I get it is his first game in the NFL but I agree that first INT is all Claypool. No excuse he should have had that and the Safety just happened to get lucky on the tip. The fact he went deep down the middle with no reservations is a sight for sore eyes!

That second INT yeah probably should have thrown it away but the guts to put it only were his TE can get it shows the fearlessness he has. Like the first really should have been caught since the receiver had two hands on it.

Like @Superbelt stated that fearlessness when running needs to subside or he will be hurt and Tribusky or Rudolph will be back in.
Forgot to mention this... But let's also put Kenny's accuracy into perspective. He was 10/13. His first 2 incompletions were INTs that hit his receivers in the hands. The last is a hail mary throw.

Kid has fearlessness, moxie, and accuracy... All the traits you want to see out of a rookie QB being thrown into the fire with zero prep with the 1st team.

But I do agree he needs to learn how to avoid some hits. I can't fault him for possession downs though when he knows he needs to put himself in harms way to make a play. He's a gamer and wants to win, just like Ben did.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the hail mary that @FaCe-LeE-uS posted

Too fuzzy!

Here is a clearer youtube video @1:01 on the video, since you can't embed.

Watch how, instead of going vertical, Chase dives horizontally, to make sure he has no chance whatsoever.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost didn't bother watching this game yesterday. Glad I found a stream for it. My Central-PA local station picked the Eagles over the Steelers.

Funny, but my illegal stream gave me a better video experience, even on a phone, than Hulu ever does. I dunno why I'm paying for Hulu's live tv package.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the hail mary that @FaCe-LeE-uS posted

Too fuzzy!

Here is a clearer youtube video @1:01 on the video, since you can't embed.

Watch how, instead of going vertical, Chase dives horizontally, to make sure he has no chance whatsoever.
Didn't see this last bold comment until after watching the video. That was my biggest observation, if he went vertical that was a game winner.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this last comment until after watching the video. That was my biggest observation, if he went vertical that was a game winner.
It was still a low percentage Hail Mary, but he gave himself no chance whatsoever, and he let two guys who were a foot and a half shorter than him out-jump that ball.

I want to see Austin on the field instead of him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost didn't bother watching this game yesterday. Glad I found a stream for it. My Central-PA local station picked the Eagles over the Steelers.

Funny, but my illegal stream gave me a better video experience, even on a phone, than Hulu ever does. I dunno why I'm paying for Hulu's live tv package.
Yessir... I started pirate streaming a few years ago when Sunday Ticket started pissing me off. Quality has rarely been an issue.
It was still a low percentage Hail Mary, but he gave himself no chance whatsoever, and he let two guys who were a foot and a half shorter than him out-jump that ball.

I want to see Austin on the field instead of him.
I wish Kenny had just heaved that hail mary to Pickens down the sideline away from the safeties. They probably would have made it to George in time, but at least we know Pickens adds a higher catch probability. I don't understand Chase. He has all the physical tools to dominate but he plays charmin soft. And have we ever been impressed with his speed?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir... I started pirate streaming a few years ago when Sunday Ticket started pissing me off. Quality has rarely been an issue.

I wish Kenny had just heaved that hail mary to Pickens down the sideline away from the safeties. They probably would have made it to George in time, but at least we know Pickens adds a higher catch probability. I don't understand Chase. He has all the physical tools to dominate but he plays charmin soft. And have we ever been impressed with his speed?
I'm changing his nickname. He doesn't deserve Mapletron (for Megatron).

He's Maplescream.
670pin.png

He talked a lot of shit, but often ran away.