• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4: Virginia Tech v Bowling Green (Sept. 22, 2012)

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we were to somehow lose this game, I would just stop caring about this season for us. We either need to get over the hump and start playing VT football, or ride the train right off the unfinished bridge and let Frank can break up with a few coaches.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phew. We can rest easy guys!

George Whitfield Jr. ‏@georgewhitfield
Spoke to Logan this week about some footwork specifics that we covered this offseason. He's all set. #vatech Ow.ly - image uploaded by @georgewhitfield

I hope he gave him a refund because its obvious whatever they did in the offseason had the opposite effect.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest depth chart has Davis and Roberts swapping positions... Davis now at split-end and Roberts at flanker.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Phew. We can rest easy guys!

George Whitfield Jr. ‏@georgewhitfield
Spoke to Logan this week about some footwork specifics that we covered this offseason. He's all set. #vatech Ow.ly - image uploaded by @georgewhitfield

Is that pic from this summer? Or was Whitfield on the east coast?

edit: Never mind, per his twitter they have been talking daily on the phone.

edit2: Is the rep system gone? Or is my computer f'd up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the differences between the spots? One lines up weak side and one strong side?

One (fl) lines up off the line and Closer to the center while the other (se) is a true wideout.

The flanker is often covered in some and runs quick slants and seam or post routes. The SE is often manned up and runs outside go routes in our O.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest depth chart has Davis and Roberts swapping positions... Davis now at split-end and Roberts at flanker.

With Coles out this makes sense. We have historically put our bigger receivers at SE.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One (fl) lines up off the line and Closer to the center while the other (se) is a true wideout.

The flanker is often covered in some and runs quick slants and seam or post routes. The SE is often manned up and runs outside go routes in our O.

Not sure what to think of this. I haven't been impressed with Roberts blocking, so bringing him in just means a defender will be closer to making a play. Have these two receivers lined up at these spots in the past? I forget who played were before.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they were originally like this, but then swapped before the season. So they're just swapping back, and should be familiar with what they're moving to. I think it's a good move. I was surprised they swapped before.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Slow crowd n the burg todAy n the burg. Let's goooooooooo!!!

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't understand sitting Benedict to start Via in a spot where Via could have started for Arkema instead. Benedict has actually been doing well. Arkema was horrible against Pitt.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense struggling and defense is hit and miss right now. gonna be one of those games i think, probably going to go to the wire.