• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3 - Homecoming: the Raiders

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pats are a bad fpootball team,0 td's in 2nd half all season.cant wait to play a good team(blowout city)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is on pace for a mind blowing 16 TD's this season.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty poor outing offensively...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to remind you that the Patriots looked very bad in 2011 as well. Although then it was the defense that was ranked almost last in many categories. It's still a 16 game season.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to remind you that the Patriots looked very bad in 2011 as well. Although then it was the defense that was ranked almost last in many categories. It's still a 16 game season.

Thank you PF2003!

One game at a time boys. Let's not be fems about this and cry like women.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ''crying'' here,......but they sure looked ''out-of-sinc'' the minute the game began.

Oh no. I absolutely agree. It was bad, just bad. I expected Oakland to win by the end. On the sidelines, Brady looked just miserable.

Still the Patriots are not about fast starts to the season.

The D looks better but then we were playing Oakland.

Clearly no game is easy for the Patriots these days but KC isn't a bad opponent to get healthy with.

And then it's a reality check with the Bengals.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better improve dramatically @ QB, OL & WR if they hope to play competitively next week @ KC.

If they play the way they did this weekend, KC will blow them out of the water. When the fanbase is motivated (which they should be) Arrowhead can get pretty loud. Older stadium, but steep and enclosed (great for noise)- despite it's age, one of the nicer venues I've been to.

Not feeling very confident based on what I've seen so far this year. Hopefully Alex Smith is in a giving mood.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the offiensive line played in the first half, they actually improved in the second half. What change did they make? Devey was moved to the bench. Stork came in at center and Connelly moved to right guard. You can scream at me all you want, but Bill needs to call Richie Incognito and offer him a job. Move him to left guard to give Solder some support like Mankins did and put Cannon back to right guard. Then start combing the practice squads for hidden nuggets and pluck them. Practice squads are always available to any team, it's just that no one wants to be the first to break the unwritten "don't touch practice squads" agreement.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the offiensive line played in the first half, they actually improved in the second half. What change did they make? Devey was moved to the bench. Stork came in at center and Connelly moved to right guard. You can scream at me all you want, but Bill needs to call Richie Incognito and offer him a job. Move him to left guard to give Solder some support like Mankins did and put Cannon back to right guard. Then start combing the practice squads for hidden nuggets and pluck them. Practice squads are always available to any team, it's just that no one wants to be the first to break the unwritten "don't touch practice squads" agreement.

You cannot take a player from another team's practice squad and then put them on your own. If you take another team's practice squad player they have to be activated to your 53-man roster. They also then have to remain on the 53-man roster for a minimum of 3-weeks and will take up money for the cap even if they are only on the team for 3-weeks.

The reason teams don't take practice squad players very often has a lot more to do with they are on the practice squad for a reason. The most action we see is after the final cuts. After that the top practice squad players are gone because they are put on another teams' 53-man roster. The ones left for the practice squad are players that stand very little chance of making a team anywhere. Usually the only time they get taken is when there are some serious injuries.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big thing here.. as ken pointed out is the O line.. you fix that.. brady gets more time, wr get more time to get open.. bigger holes for the RB.. we need to fix the line.. not sure how many picks we have next year.. but lets lets a few of them go and make some trades to fix it..

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big thing here.. as ken pointed out is the O line.. you fix that.. brady gets more time, wr get more time to get open.. bigger holes for the RB.. we need to fix the line.. not sure how many picks we have next year.. but lets lets a few of them go and make some trades to fix it..

Absolutely. If the Patriots concentrate just on the that the offense will fix the rest of it's issues.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In response to Cdumler......

Practice squad players taken would be placed on the 53 man roster and they'd count $453,000 against the cap. I'm sure the players cut salaries could easily make that up. My point was simple......if a team has an O-lineman on a practice squad he's there for one or two reasons. The team he's on has seen talent and ability and has him there in case of injury. Or he's a great rookie and they see a future starter if they can stash him away. No team puts slugs on the practice squad, every player has some value. I believe that there is a team out there that may have a really good OL on the practice squad who could do better than Connelly or Devey........if he's there, grab him, screw the cap.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen yes you are right they are on the practice squad for a reason but it goes both ways. They have shown some potential but not enough that the team is worried about another team scooping them up and making a quality starter out of them. The possible practice squad players that could do that are usually picked up right after they are cut at the end of training camp. This is why you don't see a ton of action of teams taking practice squad players from other teams. They would usually rather go for a seasoned veteran that is a free agent than a practice squad guy. Part of that just being a veteran has experience in games where most practice squad players do not.

Now is it possible for NE to find somebody on the practice squad that could start...Yes. It doesn't happen very often though. Like I said they are on the practice squad instead of the 53-man roster for a reason. They are good but just something in their game is lacking that needs to be developed.

I think NE would find better luck looking at the FA class at this point if they are thinking bringing in somebody could fix the problem.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The should just be a new rule that you may not sack Tommy Dimples.

That would fix the problem.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The should just be a new rule that you may not sack Tommy Dimples.

That would fix the problem.

Always the problem solver NEhomer. When you write to the NFL about changing the rules to this could you maybe throw in Peyton's name as well. Maybe we can do the Senior Citizen thing where any quarterback 35 and older cannot be sacked kind of thing.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

I'll get back to you!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to mention this play.

So Brady's got the ball 3rd and goal at the end of the half. Clearly, if they don't score, they're going to kick three.

So, when the snap is botched and he has to gather the ball off the ground, why does a seasoned vet pick it up and scramble off a half-assed pass out of bounds? WTF was he thinking? Ghost is going to make a FG spotted on the 6 yard line or the 13 yard line with the exact same accuracy percentage. It wasn't as if he was actually trying to complete a touchdown pass.

I was WTF at the TV set Sunday and am just kinda talkin' out loud here in this thread.

:facepalm3: