• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 2... @DEN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fautanu allowed zero pressures or sacks. If I'm not mistaken, Frazier hasn't allowed anything either in 2 starts.

Those 2 look like studs. And kudos to Dan Moore for playing his heart out. I'm hopeful he can hold up, but I fear he will struggle this next game against elite edge talent in Bosa/Mack.

Broderick on the other hand... Blame the staff all you want for mishandling him, but he has failed to step up to the plate in the face of competition. He has been dealing with a bum arm/elbow, but I don't think that can be used as a crutch to explain his poor play. He was raw when they drafted him. And he is showing no signs of progress from all the flaws he had when they drafted him. I would like to see him back on the left side eventually.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness the All-22 angle on this makes it look even more ridiculous... what a f*ckin throw

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dare I say Mahomes-esque?
Yes. Which will always be the most frustrating part about Fields. He shows glimpses of what could be, but can't seem to bring it all together with consistency.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get the sense that this staff doesn't fully trust Fields. Might be reasoning why they don't open things up for him very often. If the game is close they will keep playing conservatively; running against stacked boxes & routes for short passes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another week of Heyward dominating. Old man proving well worth the new contract.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fautanu allowed zero pressures or sacks. If I'm not mistaken, Frazier hasn't allowed anything either in 2 starts.

Those 2 look like studs. And kudos to Dan Moore for playing his heart out. I'm hopeful he can hold up, but I fear he will struggle this next game against elite edge talent in Bosa/Mack.

Broderick on the other hand... Blame the staff all you want for mishandling him, but he has failed to step up to the plate in the face of competition. He has been dealing with a bum arm/elbow, but I don't think that can be used as a crutch to explain his poor play. He was raw when they drafted him. And he is showing no signs of progress from all the flaws he had when they drafted him. I would like to see him back on the left side eventually.
I saw BS reports out there stating he didn’t like the rotation. Figured it was bull as this was his post game interview.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw BS reports out there stating he didn’t like the rotation. Figured it was bull as this was his post game interview.
Not the media fabricating drama again! Say it isn't so! I did read a direct quote from him about not liking the idea of rotating OLineman. Maybe that video wasn't the complete interview?

Nevertheless, I do find it troubling that he didn't have a clearer picture prior to the game what his role would be. Coaches gotta do a better job of gameplanning if thats the case.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the media fabricating drama again! Say it isn't so! I did read a direct quote from him about not liking the idea of rotating OLineman. Maybe that video wasn't the complete interview?

Nevertheless, I do find it troubling that he didn't have a clearer picture prior to the game what his role would be. Coaches gotta do a better job of gameplanning if thats the case.
Seriously how can a player prepare if they have no clue what their role is? Wonder where the miscommunication happened? If it was Tomlin, Smith or Meyer? Personally I would love to blame Meyer that is more reasons to hire a better coach. :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously how can a player prepare if they have no clue what their role is? Wonder where the miscommunication happened? If it was Tomlin, Smith or Meyer? Personally I would love to blame Meyer that is more reasons to hire a better coach. :D
I am definitely still in the "Fire Meyer" camp. But how many years have we been seeing preparation & execution being a problem under Tomlin? It has to start with Tomlin.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted this was focusing on Fautanu but I watched a lot of Frazier's play on this film. The Steelers look set (knock on wood) for a long time at those two positions.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna know just how bad Broderick Jones' single series was!?

Here's a twitter thread (click into it for each play).

TLDR:
1st play: Tries to double team the DE without adjusting to the LB. Washington had his man without needing help & 2nd level LB runs free to stop the run at the LOS.

2nd play: Jones climbs to second level & hesitates to engage the block on the LB. LB slides around him & stops the runner easily.

3rd play. False start on Jones. Turns a 3rd & 6 into a 3rd & 11.

4th play. Holding call on Jones. 3rd & 16

5th play. Holding call on Jones again, negating the 51yd pass. Coaches saw enough & benched him

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That video shows the amazing different between him and Fautanu. Jones' awareness is not there whereas watching Fautanu he is looking around and wanting to destroy someone at all time.

Fautanu made Jonathon Cooper look like his bitch the whole game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That video shows the amazing different between him and Fautanu. Jones' awareness is not there whereas watching Fautanu he is looking around and wanting to destroy someone at all time.

Fautanu made Jonathon Cooper look like his bitch the whole game.
I don't understand where Jones' enthusiasm went? He showed that anger in college & his rookie year. This season he just looks off, like he doesn't consistently block with much urgency.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand where Jones' enthusiasm went? He showed that anger in college & his rookie year. This season he just looks off, like he doesn't consistently block with much urgency.
Looks like his heart isn't there, starting to wonder if he will be another bust and out of the league in a year or two? Still wonder if he felt slighted from them drafting Fautanu, but I thought it was clear he wasn't his replacement or competition.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like his heart isn't there, starting to wonder if he will be another bust and out of the league in a year or two? Still wonder if he felt slighted from them drafting Fautanu, but I thought it was clear he wasn't his replacement or competition.
At least Dan Moore is balling, so we don't need Broderick to play.

Got a fire lit under his ass something fierce and he's playing for his career right now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope its not the entitlement/ego attitude like what happened with Devin Bush.

Still got plenty of time to turn things around. But a poor attitude combined with no progress with his mechanics is a potent combo for self-destruction. Especially with a bum coach like Meyer doing next to nothing to help this kid develop.