• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 13: Redskins @ Cardinals

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need to think about potentially shaking up the Oline.

Maybe keep Sullivan at center and Long back at LG.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple tweets about Jay literally screaming at the team

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty funny. Hope he doesn't get fined for it

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this. They should get yelled at.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with it. 10 days off and they came out flat and completely uninspired. Big ugh.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fade to DJax...:L:tsk:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this. They should get yelled at.

i agree ...

but yelling just to yell is pointless

however, if these guys have bought in & respect him .. which i believe they do because he is a "players coach"

then they should feel something .... like they need to win games as if his job is on the line

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez, Crowder with a hip issue :gaah:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I like to get the ball in the 2nd half.

I think its more paramount that we solve our red zone issues. We've left too many points on the field in too many games this year. I don't know how much if at all scoring first or scoring on a game's opening drive will help the defense. Scoring more points would probably help the defense though.

I totally agree with your point about the RZ issues, however, I don't see any fixes coming any time soon and after watching the Cards take 8 minutes and 12 seconds to score on the opening drive it really put a lot of pressure on our offense to keep up. I like the idea of getting the ball in the second half as well, but something has to change beyond hoping to score more in the red zone.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now

Cooley Film Breakdown! Cooley & Kevin grade and analyze the Redskins Defense from their loss at the hands of Arizona Cardinals. Plus, in-depth analysis on Josh Norman, Mason Foster, Chris Baker and the rest of the Defense! (Date Added: 12/7/16)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excerpt...

At the start of the season, the Redskins' defense’s third-down struggles were a statistical curiosity.

Now, 14 weeks into the season, it’s a trend. Washington is allowing opponents to convert 48 percent of their third-down plays, the worst rate in the NFL.

Since detailed statistics were first kept in 1991, no team has allowed third-down conversions at a rate of greater than 50 percent, and no team has been as bad as this year’s Redskins since 2011, when the San Diego Chargers allowed conversions at a 49.2 percent rate.

The common theme between both teams was Joe Barry - the Redskins defensive coordinator was a linebackers coach in San Diego at the time.

Barry would rather not be associated with such numbers, but he said Thursday he’s not bothered by the statistics as much as the results, a two-game losing streak where Washington has allowed 62 points.

“We talk about being situational masters, we talk about mastering every situation, which third down is one of the crucial situations,” Barry said. “But, you know, the No. 1 statistic that we preach and that I’m really ultimately concerned with, the only stat that matters is the scoreboard. And as long as we hold our opponent to one point less than we score, that’s the only stat that matters.”

The Redskins haven’t been excelling at that stat, either, giving up 24.6 points per game this year, 20th in the league.

In the first part of the season, Washington covered up for its defensive mistakes with big plays and takeaways, but that well has dried up in recent weeks.

A patchwork defense that wasn’t enhanced in free agency is another major factor, as the unit has relied on contributions from players who are too old (Donte Whitner) or too young (Anthony Lanier) to be considered in their NFL prime.

Cornerback Josh Norman said when it comes to third downs and other areas of weakness, there’s no secret sauce.

“We got to get off the field,” he said. “We got to get the heck off the field. That’s plain and simple. It’s not magic, not conjuring up a spell. That’s just what it is: You got to get the heck off the field.