• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 13, Jacksonville Jaguars @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, 12/05/21, 1:05 PM PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its ok to post this here. Its a very interesting conversation. Thought you guys would enjoy it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. If Hollins is returning from the IR in 21-days, where in the Outside LB rotation is he going to fit? And how bad is D-Shit-Fer-Brains going to completely eff this up? Right now he has Floyd and Miller as the starters. OKO and Lewis are the first to rotate in. Garrett still has not played, Lawler is non-existent, Sooo....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is yet another pundit reporting that McVay is the problem in the second-half of the season, not the players. This author even quotes an Iggles assistant way back when and he provides the answer to the fix from Newbie Urban Meyer. How is that O-Shit-Fer-Brains can be so blind as to repeat this shit every year in the second half of the year that he has been HC? LOL!! This is getting ridiculously funny!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-Shit-Fer-Brains has got to be the most blind and the dumbest dumbass on the planet to replicate the same mess EVERY year he has been HC!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. If Hollins is returning from the IR in 21-days, where in the Outside LB rotation is he going to fit? And how bad is D-Shit-Fer-Brains going to completely eff this up? Right now he has Floyd and Miller as the starters. OKO and Lewis are the first to rotate in. Garrett still has not played, Lawler is non-existent, Sooo....

Move him to the middle and Reeder to the bench. Defense improves in the blink of an eye.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think the Rams can beat the Jaguars.... They are supposed to! But will they?

Next few games will be tough... The Cardinals, Vikings & Ravens which all could end in Losses... Think about that.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is yet another pundit reporting that McVay is the problem in the second-half of the season, not the players. This author even quotes an Iggles assistant way back when and he provides the answer to the fix from Newbie Urban Meyer. How is that O-Shit-Fer-Brains can be so blind as to repeat this shit every year in the second half of the year that he has been HC? LOL!! This is getting ridiculously funny!!

Stats don't lie.

McVay's hubris always gets the best of him, and it costs the Rams games they should win.

We saw the same MO with Martz, so us Rams fans have seen this show before and we know how the movie ends.

McVay just refuses to change and adjust- EVER! Just like Martz. It hasn't happened in 4 1/2 years. If he doesn't get it by now, he never will.

Everyone who isn't blind knows the Rams should be utilizing the running game more to open up more effective play-action. If the Rams barely run throughout a game, how does McVay expect the defense to bite on play-action passes? It just won't happen, and turnovers are the result.

His QB is injured ( shocking! ) and he can't hit open receivers. Common sense says to run the ball and open up the underneath throws so your QB can get comfortable and in a rythym. 'Ol McVay's philosophy is to make his QB pass his way through his problem and ignore the run game. He uses the Rams 24th rushing rank as reason to not run the ball, but the ranking is due to the fact he doesn't call run plays, not that the RB's are being ineffective ( they aren't- far from it ).

As Retro keeps saying, the crux of the problems lie with the HC and the DC- not utilizing the proper personnel and terrible play calling.

Unfortunately for us Rams fans, nothing is going to change on that front, and we are stuck with the same crap show week in and week out.

Oh, and the knowledge that the Rams don't have any draft capital to fix any of the issues on OL and LB.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stafford really an upgrade over Goff? I realize Goff's numbers are not that great in Detroit but that is just a shitty team.

So I was thinking about this and please comment. What if Stafford is one & done in LA and the Rams trade him to Houston for Watson? But then I remembered we don't have 1st round draft picks to send to Houston along with Stafford.

We have some tough games ahead... The Cardinals, Vikings & Ravens could all be losses for the Rams, then we are not sitting pretty. Should this season end without a playoff appearance, would the Stafford experiment be a failure and McVay on the hot seat? I don't think he will be fired but if the Rams have a shitty 2022 season, then I honestly think he will be fired.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stafford really an upgrade over Goff? I realize Goff's numbers are not that great in Detroit but that is just a shitty team.

So I was thinking about this and please comment. What if Stafford is one & done in LA and the Rams trade him to Houston for Watson? But then I remembered we don't have 1st round draft picks to send to Houston along with Stafford.

We have some tough games ahead... The Cardinals, Vikings & Ravens could all be losses for the Rams, then we are not sitting pretty. Should this season end without a playoff appearance, would the Stafford experiment be a failure and McVay on the hot seat? I don't think he will be fired but if the Rams have a shitty 2022 season, then I honestly think he will be fired.
YES, the Stafford experiment would be a failure.

Is that really a question? Isn’t the line we were fed for 2 years was that McVay needed a better QB to run his offense? That he had to minimize his playbook because of Goff?

To have Stafford come in to supposedly fix that issue and not make the playoffs, or be one and done in the playoffs is a colossal failure- period.

After all, we made the playoffs, and won in the playoffs, with Goff.

If the Rams can’t do that with Stafford, how is the trade not a failure?

And every loss that piles up, that 1st round pick everyone wants to claim isn’t worth anything, get more and more valuable- FOR THE LIONS.

SJ and all the other Stafford slobber nobbers need a reality check. Until Stafford proves he can take the Rams where Goff couldn’t ( ie a SB title ), then your argument he is a better QB is crap, because results are the only thing that matter. Who cares if he is a better QB if he doesn’t produce results.

It’s the guys who get it done, not who has the best stats. Marino spent an entire career piling up stats, but never got it done.

Stafford has spent 12 years proving he can stat pad, but look at his record against winning teams. Look at his playoff record.

This is a case of “the grass is always greener on the other side”, so you go to the other side only to find out that is not always the case.

And now that Goff is gone and they gave a “better” QB, now the excuses pour in as to why the same QB that failed in Detroit is failing in LA. Now it’s McVay’s fault his QB can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

When Goff was here and “failing”, everyone said “McVay can’t go on the field and play the position”. All of a sudden, when his new QB is failing, now it’s his fault?

I call bull crap. Just more excuses for Stafford. It needs to stop.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY COW!! We start the game with a 65 yard runback on the Kick off. Did I read that right?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henderson out. Michel in and they finally start a game with the run.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen down and out? That means Coleman Shelton in.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three run plays, the O gets a first down, and then O-Shit-Fer Brains goes right to the pass which gets him nothing but a 4th down.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are dropping like flies. Edwards down and out? Bobby Evans in.