• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 Playoff Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off…I really don’t consider us in the race yet, but mathematically we are so I suppose it’s okay to project.

DIV…2 games back of CIN right now with 1 to play vs the Bengals @ home in week 15. CIN is @ SD this week and home against IND before the week 15 matchup…we really need them to go 1-1 at best over the next 2 weeks and beat them to tie up the h-t-h matchup. Should that happen the conference record tie-breaker will likely decide the DIV.

PIT…of course we’re still in the same win or go home mode (or they should be). @ BAL is always a tough game…a loss won’t kill our chances of a wildcard, but a loss this week coupled with a CIN win would pretty much lock up the DIV for the Bengals, up 3 with 4 to play.

The Steelers best chance to ensure a playoff spot obviously is to win out…assuming the DIV goes to CIN…10-6 would mean a h-t-h tie breaker over BAL, MIA & NYJ…even winning out, we’re not 100% in…TN could knock us out of the 6th seed should they also finish 10-6.

In short, PIT needs to keep winning games obviously and for the most part they control their own destiny apart from TN. A quick look at the competition.

KC 9-2...right now they are a lock for the 5th seed. But, I do not like the make up of this team for the stretch run...(OFC just not clicking, and now 2 major losses on the front 7 which had them sending Berry on the blitz late to get any pressure on Rivers. I'm expecting a rocky finish here with 3 road games left...but still 11 wins...if they somehow drop to 10-6...watch out.

TN 5-6...in the top spot for the 6th seed...I think they will lose 2 more games...@Den, @ IND...8-8

SD 5-6 ...also in the mix for the 6th seed...4 of 5 at home, but 4 tough games left...8-8, best case 9-7

NYJ 5-6...I said 3 weeks ago the Jets could lose 3 in a row...well, they have lost 2 of the 3 with the win being over NO...still I think they will lose @ CAR, and @ MIA to go 8-8.

MIA 5-6...I'm giving them a a couple of cold weather losses...@ PIT, and @ BUF. so 8 wins is the best I see them posting as well.

BAL 5-6...imo they have the toughest closing stretch...but they do get the benefit of getting PIT & NE @ home, but @ DET and @ CIN on the road...I think they will lose 2 games as well, so 8-8 here also.

NFL parity @ work here, but at least we're in the mix!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this in the Week 12 thread, but I think if PITT can come away with a win on Thanksgiving then they will be in the drivers seat for the 6th seed. IMO it will probably come down to SD & PITT.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning in BAL would tell me the team is really on a roll and the playoffs are realistic.

Misko...I hear ya, and kinda guarded myself, but from whence we've come this season any hope of the playoffs is welcome talk.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm all about tempering my expectations in person. If anyone asked me at the office I wouldn't have much to say, but on here it's more like "Fuck yea we are finally relevant so let's talk January football!!!"

I can be as bipolar as I want on here... Love it

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yinz guys .. I would love nothing more than to say we are in the playoffs ... But I do agree if we win in Baltimore we should get in the playoffs .. that would be great