• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12, Baltimore Ravens @ Los Angeles Rams, Monday Night, 11/25/19, 5:30pm, PST

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just start Bortles and mix it up. Goff isn’t leading anything but a lackluster offense. Defense is on the field the entire game.

Lamar put on a clinic in his first MNF. No idea how you get this team to bounce back.

I just don’t get why they rushed to sign Goff.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to burn those ugly mustard uniforms

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams adjust. Teams that lose the Super Bowl consistently have a bad season the next year, and the injuries/issues with the o-line (and Gurley) certainly haven't helped. Last night's game was simply embarrassing, even if that was expected to some degree.

I'm not going "doom and gloom" here, just accepting a down year and hopefully health and McVay's own adjustments make for a better 2020. The new stadium opening should be a boost from the home field advantage perspective at least.

Shop

I tend to agree with you, but not here.

McVay had an entire offseason to make “adjustments” to his offense, and he did nothing. He should’ve been studying the Chicago, Detroit and SB tapes religiously. Or, since he has such a great game memory, he probably remembers all the plays and didn’t need the tapes, and still did nothing.

As far as the league adjusting, that is true. But, then why can the Pats run basically the same offense for 20 years and teams can’t stop them? They rip off 12-14 wins almost every season, with no name WR’s and patchwork O-lines even.

There was one season a few years back they had 3 rookie lineman and an Undrafted FA on the O-line and they still won 12 or 13 games.

Yes, the Rams have had a lot of injuries this season, which has been unfortunate. But I don’t think the record would be any different with those guys than it has been without them. Goff can’t even manage to get the ball to Kupp the past 3 weeks, and that’s all on him and McVay.

You have confidence they will turn it around, and that’s great.
But, McVay had a whole offseason to adjust to what teams were going to carbon copy on defense, and he did nothing.
I have very little confidence another offseason is going to make a difference.

And since the Rams like throwing away 1st round picks like one dollar bills at a strip club, they have no ammo to improve the roster with top tier talent that is sorely needed. And their cap space is crap thanks to the way too early extensions of Goff and Gurley ( and they still have to pay Ramsey ).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop

I tend to agree with you, but not here.

McVay had an entire offseason to make “adjustments” to his offense, and he did nothing. He should’ve been studying the Chicago, Detroit and SB tapes religiously. Or, since he has such a great game memory, he probably remembers all the plays and didn’t need the tapes, and still did nothing.

As far as the league adjusting, that is true. But, then why can the Pats run basically the same offense for 20 years and teams can’t stop them? They rip off 12-14 wins almost every season, with no name WR’s and patchwork O-lines even.

There was one season a few years back they had 3 rookie lineman and an Undrafted FA on the O-line and they still won 12 or 13 games.

Yes, the Rams have had a lot of injuries this season, which has been unfortunate. But I don’t think the record would be any different with those guys than it has been without them. Goff can’t even manage to get the ball to Kupp the past 3 weeks, and that’s all on him and McVay.

You have confidence they will turn it around, and that’s great.
But, McVay had a whole offseason to adjust to what teams were going to carbon copy on defense, and he did nothing.
I have very little confidence another offseason is going to make a difference.

And since the Rams like throwing away 1st round picks like one dollar bills at a strip club, they have no ammo to improve the roster with top tier talent that is sorely needed. And their cap space is crap thanks to the way too early extensions of Goff and Gurley ( and they still have to pay Ramsey ).

You're never going to be happy if you're expecting the Rams to become the Patriots, a dynasty like this league hasn't seen before.

Rams have had a lot of moving parts since the Super Bowl, namely on the defense and the offensive line. He can make all the adjustments he wants, but if the OL is one of the worst in the league (as it has been this year) and your stud RB is now super, double-secret load management due to arthritis in his knee, how much can you expect? His offense is built on play action off a successful run game. There has been little evidence of a successful run game, some due to opponent defensive scheme, some due to falling behind early, and a lot due to that OL and Gurley.

Can't get it to Kupp? Think the lost time for the other WRs plays into that? Defenses are now fully aware they need to focus on Kupp, especially with Cooks' time missed to concussions and Woods' family issues. OL also has to hold up long enough for Kupp to run his route.

The Rams have tried to schedule their extensions to manage the cap. Gurley is an issue due to injury, but I don't believe Goff is an issue yet. Goff's performance has more to do with the offense as a whole IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point made by ALR, Shopson. Every bit of your explanation and response explanation to ALR is steeped in making excuses, the very items which the Patriots and Belicheat face nearly annually and still manage to have a winning season. The system Belicheat has in place works. If they have a problem with a player's health they put him on IR or they jettison his contract through trade or cutting him outright and they bring another player on the cheap and the machine continues.

You are continuing to propose excuses for why the Rams went from genius level offense last year and somewhat defense too to a dogshit total team effort with basically the same core players and coaches. There have been changes but none to now believe that all of the excuses recognized are the problem. Nope, they are the symptom. How can a QB who had what, 40 TDs last year go from that to a guy that hasn't thrown a TD pass since Halloween this year and can't find WRs on simple short passes? What a frikin load of crap this team has become and it starts at the top.

Last edited: