• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 vs BUF

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DIV leaders keep losing and keeping the Steelers alive…mathematically...for the playoffs, but last week showed that ANY thoughts of this team making a run is a mirage. I’ve downgraded this bunch from 9-7 to 7-9…just too many areas have faulty play and on any given Sunday…one of them is biting them in the butt.

Coming off the most points given up in team history, if these guys have a pulse they should beat BUF by 3 scores @ home, but I’m not certain they do. I’m very curious to see the effort on DEF especially, but both sides of the ball…imo Tomlin is safe, but only if these guys are giving up the effort.

I’m picking PIT this week only because they are home, and BUF has more problems than PIT does.

24-13 Steelers

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't beat Jeff Tool or however you spell it, we should just cancel the season. The Bills do compete though. So the Steelers must be ready to play in this contest.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree...they truly deserve a top 5 pick then. You're right, can't allow Spiller or Mario to have huge games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked it close

If you were watching it until the end...it really should have been 23-3...on the final play, the TE clearly left early (probably because he knew the play was to him) but no harm done.

Yes, it was BUF at home...I expected a 2 score win and we got that, but...

Big picture..CIN losing to BAL, put PIT 2 games back in the loss column in the DIV with a game to play vs CIN. One back of BAL & CLE with 3 gms left with those teams...the DIV is far from over.

Couple that with TN and SD losing made this a big win for the Steelers lockerroom...if TB can pull over their 1st win over MIA, it will liven the spirits even more with a game vs Dolphins also remaining.

LeBeau is 16-2 vs rookie QBs for a reason...you could tell from the beginning that he was going to force the kid to make quick decisions with the ball...several blitzes from the S position, a couple of CB blitzes...that really disrupted the passing game for BUF and forced a lot of punts. It also loosen up the blocking

Side note...eor everyone wondering what the PIT DEF needs...look at #99 for BUF...Bell had a tough day running (under 3.0 ypc) because Valesco and both Gs had to deal with him all game.

OFC...2-5 in the RZ sums it up for me...and it really makes the DIV/playoff stuff unrealistic. Some things I don't get with Haley...they activate Wheaton over Moye, and he got 1 target the whole game. Certainly not saying the Moye is any big shakes, but you're struggling to score points in the RZ...the bigger guy makes more sense to me...but if that's a legitimate debate, Moye vs Wheaton, then can we really blame Ben?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were watching it until the end...it really should have been 23-3...on the final play, the TE clearly left early (probably because he knew the play was to him) but no harm done.

Yes, it was BUF at home...I expected a 2 score win and we got that, but...

Big picture..CIN losing to BAL, put PIT 2 games back in the loss column in the DIV with a game to play vs CIN. One back of BAL & CLE with 3 gms left with those teams...the DIV is far from over.

Couple that with TN and SD losing made this a big win for the Steelers lockerroom...if TB can pull over their 1st win over MIA, it will liven the spirits even more with a game vs Dolphins also remaining.

LeBeau is 16-2 vs rookie QBs for a reason...you could tell from the beginning that he was going to force the kid to make quick decisions with the ball...several blitzes from the S position, a couple of CB blitzes...that really disrupted the passing game for BUF and forced a lot of punts. It also loosen up the blocking

Side note...eor everyone wondering what the PIT DEF needs...look at #99 for BUF...Bell had a tough day running (under 3.0 ypc) because Valesco and both Gs had to deal with him all game.

OFC...2-5 in the RZ sums it up for me...and it really makes the DIV/playoff stuff unrealistic. Some things I don't get with Haley...they activate Wheaton over Moye, and he got 1 target the whole game. Certainly not saying the Moye is any big shakes, but you're struggling to score points in the RZ...the bigger guy makes more sense to me...but if that's a legitimate debate, Moye vs Wheaton, then can we really blame Ben?

I believe LeBeau is actually 18-2 against rookie QB's now. But I definitely second everything you said! He was confusing the hell out of that offense! And to all those that doubted LeBeau... Shame! Shame on you! Yes the defense has flaws, but not with the coaching!

God how I wish we had a beast up front like that #99 for BUF. He was some sort of manbearpig!

The decision for Wheaton over Moye doesn't make sense when you look at it that way. But I think they are trying to get more looks at Wheaton in terms of whether or not he can take over for Cotchery. Especially for the team's future decisions. Obviously Moye is the better choice in the RZ, but it makes me wonder that the FO has already waved the white flag on the season. Plus it still hurts that Heath hasn't rounded into form yet. His RZ presence has been a huge disconnect since his return. We need Heath to start being Heath... :nod:

Maybe now that the AFC picture just burst wide open (of sorts) the FO will change their minds. Not sure what the plan will be, but there's definitely a pulse left for the team.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the type of game I was afraid of, beating up on a rookie qb, giving the impression this team is anything but bad, treading around 'sucking but not mathematically eliminated.'

Run defense was surprising considering how awful it has been all season.

Blimp in the road, not a harbinger of things to come, only affirmation is that Lebeau truly tortures rookie qb's as two of the three wins this season have come against them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe LeBeau is actually 18-2 against rookie QB's now. But I definitely second everything you said! He was confusing the hell out of that offense! And to all those that doubted LeBeau... Shame! Shame on you! Yes the defense has flaws, but not with the coaching!

God how I wish we had a beast up front like that #99 for BUF. He was some sort of manbearpig!

The decision for Wheaton over Moye doesn't make sense when you look at it that way. But I think they are trying to get more looks at Wheaton in terms of whether or not he can take over for Cotchery. Especially for the team's future decisions. Obviously Moye is the better choice in the RZ, but it makes me wonder that the FO has already waved the white flag on the season. Plus it still hurts that Heath hasn't rounded into form yet. His RZ presence has been a huge disconnect since his return. We need Heath to start being Heath... :nod:

Maybe now that the AFC picture just burst wide open (of sorts) the FO will change their minds. Not sure what the plan will be, but there's definitely a pulse left for the team.

He certainly was...he won't unleash like that against vet QBs, but I wouldn't mind seeing it more.

#99 was a beast...not moving him with 1 guy. I really think Colbert missed on NT completely.

Miller...definitely need him but I thought he's done really well to even be playing this year...I'm thinking Paulson was active and I don't think played a down, certainly wasn't targeted...yet Palmer played and was targeted. Really disappointed in the TE play, and I'm willing to give Heath a pass...nobody else seems capable of making a play.

Wheaton...1st game back, I can see them taking it easy, but 1 target?

Still in it...yes, they are...I will pull for them to win every game, but another part of me realizes they need a high position to bring in some better talent.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the type of game I was afraid of, beating up on a rookie qb, giving the impression this team is anything but bad, treading around 'sucking but not mathematically eliminated.'

Run defense was surprising considering how awful it has been all season.

Blimp in the road, not a harbinger of things to come, only affirmation is that Lebeau truly tortures rookie qb's as two of the three wins this season have come against them.

That is pretty much how I see this win. By next Sunday evening I expect them to be 3-7 with a fork stuck in them. Detroit's offense is going to be every bit as difficult to contain as NE's was, and we all saw how that ended. Plus, I don't think Haley and the offense can keep up in a shootout.