• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 Voting Discussion thread

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep winning; one of the few teams that lost the opener and haven't lost since. The majority of the teams they jumped lost, and it's hard to reward someone for losing.

But they haven't played anyone and they lost to Iowa. If you're going to rank N. Illinois so high, you should have Toledo ranked also. They lost their opener to Arizona in OT but have won out since and they at least have a win over Cincy.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they haven't played anyone and they lost to Iowa. If you're going to rank N. Illinois so high, you should have Toledo ranked also. They lost their opener to Arizona in OT but have won out since and they at least have a win over Cincy.

Look, I will be the first to admit that I do not watch every single game. However, IMO rewarding a 5-3/6-3 team from a major conference that hasn't played consistently is complete garbage. In retrospect, Toledo is more than worthy of a ranking but I left them out; in the end, is it really that meaningful when both teams will likely be "other's receiving votes" to break down one of 20+ polls and nitpick?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I will be the first to admit that I do not watch every single game. However, IMO rewarding a 5-3/6-3 team from a major conference that hasn't played consistently is complete garbage. In retrospect, Toledo is more than worthy of a ranking but I left them out; in the end, is it really that meaningful when both teams will likely be "other's receiving votes" to break down one of 20+ polls and nitpick?

I have no issues with ranking them and I wouldn't (and didn't) put a 3 lose team in the ranking either. I don't watch every game, but I do look at all the records.

Also, it's the discussion thread, I'm sure you're suppose to break down other people's polls. I usually don't comment on others but yours just stood out to me. I'm one of the few that puts more non-AQ in my poll and I didn't have N. Illinois in mine and it was just something I found intriguing.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oregon hasn't played anybody worth a damn.

2. Chip Kelly is a doosh who runs up the score on inferior opponents.

This is just not true. Do you expect him to kneel the ball in the first half?

3. Oregon's schedule is worse than Boise's.

Thats debatable. Boise beat Fresno State, BYU, and Miami (OH). Oregon has played Fresno State, Arizona and Washington.

4. Alabama won the NC last year. They have looked good thus far this year. I have no reason to doubt there talent, this year, as of now.

Last year is irrelevant. IMO.

5. Oregon State was God awful, last year. They have gotten very lucky to be doing this well. They proved last night how overrated they are.

They are overrated, but i dont understand how they can possibly be lower than Kent State. And i still don't understand how last year is relevant.

6. USC proved to be suckish. How do you lose to Arizona? Arizona is horrible.

No, they are not. They have wins over two of the teams you ranked and Oklahoma State. They were in close games against Oregon State and Stanford. Rich Rod has turned that program around. They are a whole lot better than last year.

7. I have 4 MAC teams ranked because I don't see anybody else worth ranking.

Not even Oregon State? They have been just as impressive, if not more impressive, than Boise State and Kent State havent they? And Kent State was pretty awful last year.

8. The PAC-12 is probably the worst AQ conference this year behind the B1G.
a. Stanford almost lost to San Jose State. :L LSU almost lost to Towson :L Texas almost lost to Kansas :L
b. UCLA lost to Cal. Freaking Cal! Oklahoma State lost to Arizona. Freaking Arizona
c. Cal. Nothing needs to be said.
d. Colorado? Worst team in FBS. One of the worst.
e. Utah lost to Utah State. So did 7 other teams... Also, Kentucky lost to Western Kentucky. Auburn lost to ULM. Arkansas lost to Rutgers.
f. Washington State lost to Colorado! They suck. They're getting better though. They might win a conference game.
g. Arizona State lost to Missouri. Ole Miss lost to Texas.

What do some of these games have to do with anything lol?

My responses are in bold.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count it. It's an opinion poll and it shouldn't matter how much you agree or disagree with it. You can argue with him all you want over it, but it should still count. We have to keep our voter rights intact!!!!!!!

I would rather count his top 25 poll, not his adjusted poll that takes into account other peoples rankings and exaggerates his thoughts on who is over/underrated.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather count his top 25 poll, not his adjusted poll that takes into account other peoples rankings and exaggerates his thoughts on who is over/underrated.

Agreed, but they only way to do that would be to make the polls secret until after the deadline and then release the voter polls.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with ranking them and I wouldn't (and didn't) put a 3 lose team in the ranking either. I don't watch every game, but I do look at all the records.

Also, it's the discussion thread, I'm sure you're suppose to break down other people's polls. I usually don't comment on others but yours just stood out to me. I'm one of the few that puts more non-AQ in my poll and I didn't have N. Illinois in mine and it was just something I found intriguing.

That stood out to me too. I understand ranking one loss teams high and not rewarding teams that lose, but that usually ends up with non-AQ teams who lost to the one good team they play getting ranked higher than teams that have better quality wins. This is also sometimes part of the reason i end up ranking teams that have lost their most recent games in case anyone was wondering.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but they only way to do that would be to make the polls secret until after the deadline and then release the voter polls.

I would rather him just rank the teams in the order he believes they should be. Because I think it would be interesting seeing where he would actually rank Oregon and Kent state. At least people would take his poll seriously, and i think it would be a good one.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ranked NIU over Kent State and Toledo because I have watched all 3 of them this year and I simply think NIU is the better team. Of course that doesnt really fit with my ranking ssystem of basing the rankings off of actual data instead of the "eyeball" test but once you get down to the high teens-25 its pretty much a crap shoot of who to rank.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ranked NIU over Kent State and Toledo because I have watched all 3 of them this year and I simply think NIU is the better team. Of course that doesnt really fit with my ranking ssystem of basing the rankings off of actual data instead of the "eyeball" test but once you get down to the high teens-25 its pretty much a crap shoot of who to rank.

Did you just watch one game for each team or have you watched multiple games? If it's just one game it's not much to base off of IMO. But to each their own.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather him just rank the teams in the order he believes they should be. Because I think it would be interesting seeing where he would actually rank Oregon and Kent state. At least people would take his poll seriously, and i think it would be a good one.

I would to. I was just saying that the only way to do that really is the way I mentioned. I don't even look at this thread or the rankings while I'm doing my own rankings.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just watch one game for each team or have you watched multiple games? If it's just one game it's not much to base off of IMO. But to each their own.

Ive seen NIU 2 times, Toledo 3 times I think and Kent State 2 times. Not a great sample size but more times than Ive watched some of the other teams I ranked. LOL.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen NIU 2 times, Toledo 3 times I think and Kent State 2 times. Not a great sample size but more times than Ive watched some of the other teams I ranked. LOL.

Ok. I was just curious. Toledo was an 3 point OT lost against Arizona from a perfect record and has at least 1 good win (not great, but good) on their resume. I don't see how NIU can be ranked ahead of them. But that's how I see it.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L :L :L :L NIU is NOT supposed to be #10 in my poll...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... you just now noticed that? Good stuff.

I usually go straight down the line from 1-25, but this week (for whatever reason) I created the list and jumped around. Never again...

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate presented a legit argument so I am counting his poll. In fact I haven't thrown a poll out yet although I have talked about it.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be mean about people ranking Kent State but didn't Kentucky (who is 1-6 and horrible) beat Kent State 47-14. IMO, that justifies not ranking Kent State.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be mean about people ranking Kent State but didn't Kentucky (who is 1-6 and horrible) beat Kent State 47-14. IMO, that justifies not ranking Kent State.

UK is 1-8, but 5 of those loses are to Top 15 teams and 4 of those are Top 10 teams. They had an OT lose to Western Kentucky also. Plus it was the beginning of the year and the first "real" game for Kent State that has been horrible that past few years.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong!

Kent St. beat an undefeated Rutgers team that was at home and ranked #15 in the BCS poll last week.

That loss to Kentucky came in week 2. Its week 10 now.

I ranked them the week before they upset Rutgers and caught some hell for it. I dont think you have much of an argument after the big road win Kent St. had this past weekend.