• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 The Good The Bad and The Ugly

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good: Mac Jones and the receiving corps. For a rookies Mac showed a lot of poise moved within the pocket made completions when he knew he was about to get hit. Accurate seemed to read the D well and went through his progressions. WRs and TEs got separation and YAC routes looked crisp and well run.

The Bad: The fumbles, I get it fumbles happen but one fumble cost us the game IMO. Coaching decisions, some calls were IMO questionable. Red Zone offense needs some attention too

The Ugly: Penalties BB is going to be dead in their asses about the penalties.

I won't get each game here so if someone who catches all the games can continues this weekly it would be appreciated.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good: The overall offensive game plan. They gave Mac just enough of the play book. Amazed at how poised he was. All the FAs and draft picks who got to play. Great offseason so far.

Bad: The D starting the game and coming out of the locker room. Lots of moving around presnap and it wasn't to confuse the QB. Something was off and that's what caused some of those big plays.

Ugly: A divisional loss that should've been won. NE outplayed the fins, no question about that. Penalties and uncharacteristic turnovers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UGLY:
I agree that the officials were not up to snuff.

The Stevenson fumble was not a fumble. His ass was on the ground and the ball wasn't out. It's bullshit about not seeing enough to overturn the call. The call should not have been made and if Flores thought it was a fumble, then he could challenge it.

The BAD:
I get upset that BB didn't let him back into the game. I know it's to teach him a lesson, but but noot at the expense of a win. Maybe BB should have sat Bolden and had JJ taylor out there. Me thinks he would have made a huge difference.

The GOOD:
Mac Jones was much better than I thought he would be under the extreme pressure at the start of the game. His self control was incredible and he looks like the future.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots usually don't beat themselves and play mostly mistake free football. Not so yesterday.
Dolphins had 2 good drives for TD's when the defense either fell asleep or had to make adjustments.
Dolphins D was consistent.
Patriots put together half a dozen good drives with all but 1 cut short by mistakes - penalties or turnovers.
punts and fieldgoals are not going to do it.
Pats receivers were very slow to get in the game, especially the TE's. Good DB play kept them in the hole.
Mac Jones looked very good for a tough 1st game.
Patriots offensive game plan whatever it was did not work. Along with the mistakes came too many 4 yard plays.
Miami 17, Patriots 16, Buffalo 16, Jets 15.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super ugly: Mac firing a football into the ground and unaware it was a lateral to nobody.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super ugly: Mac firing a football into the ground and unaware it was a lateral to nobody.

Ya, but he won't do that again.

For me the ugly was our defense was a stark reminder that Matty P has returned. Didn't give up a ton of points but did allow Miami to move the ball.