• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 1 recap

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...WHAT A GAME!!! Philly slowed down tempo in that second half which led to Washington getting some momentum and getting back into the game, but you cant be displeased at all with how this team played overall.

That first half was something to watch!! Makes this second game of MNF feel slow and boring.

Chip Kelly is about to change the league!

GREAT WIN for the EAGLES!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first half until Reid came back and played vanilla Defense the second half!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...WHAT A GAME!!! Philly slowed down tempo in that second half which led to Washington getting some momentum and getting back into the game, but you cant be displeased at all with how this team played overall.

That first half was something to watch!! Makes this second game of MNF feel slow and boring.

Chip Kelly is about to change the league!

GREAT WIN for the EAGLES!

We simply need depth for this to work. You could just see how exhausted our offense looked in the 2nd half. Defense was decent w the exception of a few blown coverages that led to a Skins comeback.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until Chip gets Mariota at QB. Thing will be so flawless.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until Chip gets Mariota at QB. Thing will be so flawless.
:wtf2:

Alright lets not get all hopped up on "chipper" just yet!

Someone mentioned more depth, which is true and I would add it to the defense since there gonna be the one on the field the most.

The second half was ugly, they couldn't sustain a drive, they couldn't stop the Skins!
I mean is that the game plan, score 30 + points in the first half and let the other team come back in the 2nd?

He's the head coach so he's responsible for the whole thing, not just the O....
They need to learn how to milk the clock with a lead.....

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

Alright lets not get all hopped up on "chipper" just yet!

Someone mentioned more depth, which is true and I would add it to the defense since there gonna be the one on the field the most.

The second half was ugly, they couldn't sustain a drive, they couldn't stop the Skins!
I mean is that the game plan, score 30 + points in the first half and let the other team come back in the 2nd?

He's the head coach so he's responsible for the whole thing, not just the O....
They need to learn how to milk the clock with a lead.....

The defense actually surprised me. It was better than I thought. Keep in mind that Chip is playing w mostly Reid's defense here. This shit is going to get better. Depth is what I'm saying we need on both sides of the ball.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense actually surprised me. It was better than I thought. Keep in mind that Chip is playing w mostly Reid's defense here. This shit is going to get better. Depth is what I'm saying we need on both sides of the ball.

Ok I'm taken a step back here, there were times Monday night the defense looked like Jim Johnson was alive and back in Philly. The blitz's were something missed and not excuted well since JJ passed away..

I agree there is needed help still, loved watching TC at an OLB, that could be very good for him...

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm taken a step back here, there were times Monday night the defense looked like Jim Johnson was alive and back in Philly. The blitz's were something missed and not excuted well since JJ passed away..

I agree there is needed help still, loved watching TC at an OLB, that could be very good for him...

Here is another way to approach looking at the defense. Look back last two seasons and compare the turnovers for us on defense and after just one game here. Never mind how many points given up. Blown coverage was a big factor. It's a learning curve for these guys. I am thrilled to see our defense rattle the QB for a change. Didn't happen much last season. Again, our defense should get better as the season grows. Note: injuries will have an impact as well. If we can stay healthy somewhat, the Eagles can possibly make a run at the division. I never would have thought until I got to see how they manhandled the Skins.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is another way to approach looking at the defense. Look back last two seasons and compare the turnovers for us on defense and after just one game here. Never mind how many points given up. Blown coverage was a big factor. It's a learning curve for these guys. I am thrilled to see our defense rattle the QB for a change. Didn't happen much last season. Again, our defense should get better as the season grows. Note: injuries will have an impact as well. If we can stay healthy somewhat, the Eagles can possibly make a run at the division. I never would have thought until I got to see how they manhandled the Skins.

I don't see any reason to make excuses for the defense just yet. Everyone knew it would be a struggle for the Eagles to play defense this year. Everyone predicted the offense was going to need to put up 35 points per game to win.

But what you're trying to do on defense (and offense) changes when you're up 33-7. They did enough to win, which is all that matters. They did a good job of not giving up the big play in the second half to prevent the Redskins from storming back.

Ideally, they'd stop the Redskins from sustaining the drives they did, but it looked to me like they decided if they had to live with something, it was a ten-minute drive when the Eagles were up 33-7.

Not trying to make excuses. I'd prefer they be able to stop an offense that was as disjointed as the Redskins showed they were in the first half. I'd prefer it never get as close as one TD with a minute left. But as bad as they looked in giving up that lead, they pitched a shutout until there was 6 seconds left in the third quarter.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to make excuses for the defense just yet. Everyone knew it would be a struggle for the Eagles to play defense this year. Everyone predicted the offense was going to need to put up 35 points per game to win.

But what you're trying to do on defense (and offense) changes when you're up 33-7. They did enough to win, which is all that matters. They did a good job of not giving up the big play in the second half to prevent the Redskins from storming back.

Ideally, they'd stop the Redskins from sustaining the drives they did, but it looked to me like they decided if they had to live with something, it was a ten-minute drive when the Eagles were up 33-7.

Not trying to make excuses. I'd prefer they be able to stop an offense that was as disjointed as the Redskins showed they were in the first half. I'd prefer it never get as close as one TD with a minute left. But as bad as they looked in giving up that lead, they pitched a shutout until there was 6 seconds left in the third quarter.

They were playing Prevent-D almost the entire second half. The only thing we don't know is if Chip did it because he thought his guys were tired, or because he just wanted to milk the clock. They were clearly content to give RGIII anything short and in bounds.

Personally, I would have preferred they keep up the pass rush that was so successful in the first half.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were playing Prevent-D almost the entire second half. The only thing we don't know is if Chip did it because he thought his guys were tired, or because he just wanted to milk the clock. They were clearly content to give RGIII anything short and in bounds.

Personally, I would have preferred they keep up the pass rush that was so successful in the first half.

I agree if your gonna let a team back into a game, then you might as well keep pressuring him, if he beats
you then he beats you. It was like watching two different teams playing for one franchise over those two halfs.

If anything they looked like (eagles) were almost in shock having been up by so much they didnt know how to handle the second half...