• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We won 2 of 3 phases

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played well enough on offense to win this game or at least be in a stalemate.

We played very well on defense.

We got severely outplayed on STs and that cost us the game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played well enough on offense to win this game or at least be in a stalemate.

Partially agree. Offense had mixed results. In particular there are two troubling aspects for that unit - turnovers and more importantly - again - penalties. They need to cut down on these and establish a running game from the start to have a better chance. Don't really care how this plays out in terms of wins & losses (since I don't have much hope at this time). However - would like to see improvement to feel confident that this team is at least making some progress.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have improved little by little every game. to bad this isnt pre season.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Our offense was anemic. Once again, we could not score a TD in the first half. Our Oline was getting blasted by scrubs that Dallas picked up off the street. We never got a running game going, save one long run by Morris. RG3 showed greater mobility, but he was very inaccurate. He also hangs onto the ball way too long in the pocket. For those of you that say he is a good pocket passer, rewatch this game. Being a good pocket passer in not just about throwing. Its also about reading the defenses pre snap, going through your progressions, stepping up in the pocket (which he rarely had a chance to do thanks to our pitiful interior Oline) and knowing when and where to throw the ball away or tuck and run. He has a tendency to lock onto a receiver (usually Garcon) and force throws into coverage. He was very lucky he didn't have more INTs last night.

If our offense is ever going to get to the production of last year, we have got to get RG3 in space. This notion of making him a pocket passer just to prove he can do it is foolish. If this is our goal, then we are going to suffer for a few years while he grows into that type of QB. He can probably do it, he has the arm and he has the intelligence, but he does not have the experience and we do not have an Oline built for pocket protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it was the offense and ST last night. It was so bad!!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 looking like McNabb holding onto the ball too long and missing receivers by a mile didnt help any. The defense looked average.

Special teams..... nothing but a joke.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 looking like McNabb holding onto the ball too long and missing receivers by a mile didnt help any. The defense looked average.

Special teams..... nothing but a joke.

Disagree with you about the defense. Cmon - just about everyone here (myself included) have blasted this defense (rightfully so). When they play well we should give them props. Outside of the opening drive the Dallas offense did virtually nothing (of course they didn't have to), and the Redskins defense did a good job applying pressure & the coverage was pretty decent. The Cowboys TD pass in the 2nd half was just a very good play on their part (you have to give the other guys credit). The pass was also only really an extension of the huge kickoff return.

If the Redskins defense plays like they did last night you won't hear many complaints from me. Of course it won't matter if the offense is out of sync & - more importantly - if the special teams don't contribute & spot the other teams 1 or 2 TDs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree your defense played well last night, just keep in mind that Garrett plays very conservative on offense with a lead. Not saying that is the defacto reason your defense looked good but it may have played into it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of Garrett's better coaching performances. He didn't need to push it thus limiting potential mistakes. He sat back and just let us make mistakes. Having said that, dhall played a great game. He was all over dez. Even when dez caught the ball, there was minimal yac.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of Garrett's better coaching performances. He didn't need to push it thus limiting potential mistakes. He sat back and just let us make mistakes. Having said that, dhall played a great game. He was all over dez. Even when dez caught the ball, there was minimal yac.

I have to agree about it being one of Garrett's better games. I like the attitude he has brought to Dallas, but I question his game plans and game management. Until there was only 3 minutes left I expected a Washington, come back, because Garrett doesn't try to put the other team away.
I know many are bashing RG3 today but that guy can be a franchise QB. I don't just mean an option QB either. I think he has the ability to run a normal NFL offense with his running as a weapon if he has to run. I just don't think the option will work long term in the NFL.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree your defense played well last night, just keep in mind that Garrett plays very conservative on offense with a lead. Not saying that is the defacto reason your defense looked good but it may have played into it.

Yes - that could certainly factor in to the whole thing. Make no mistake - I am not stating that the Redskins defense played at an elite level. However - they played at or above the level they were at during last year's winning streak. The major difference is that the Skins offense played better than (although you have to give credit to Dallas' D-line & great coverage by Carr) & the special teams were not as inept as at the current time.

Oh well - it opens up the everyone's eyes as to what has to be fixed for the Skins.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - that could certainly factor in to the whole thing. Make no mistake - I am not stating that the Redskins defense played at an elite level. However - they played at or above the level they were at during last year's winning streak. The major difference is that the Skins offense played better than (although you have to give credit to Dallas' D-line & great coverage by Carr) & the special teams were not as inept as at the current time.

Oh well - it opens up the everyone's eyes as to what has to be fixed for the Skins.

This is why I love the NFL. Teams can look like shit for a few weeks then BAM, they become world beaters. Or vise versa.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree about it being one of Garrett's better games. I like the attitude he has brought to Dallas, but I question his game plans and game management. Until there was only 3 minutes left I expected a Washington, come back, because Garrett doesn't try to put the other team away.
I know many are bashing RG3 today but that guy can be a franchise QB. I don't just mean an option QB either. I think he has the ability to run a normal NFL offense with his running as a weapon if he has to run. I just don't think the option will work long term in the NFL.

RG3 has the potential to be a good traditional NFL qb. But he has no experience at it so he will make typical rookie type mistakes (which we saw last night). My point is that we can't dump the dynamic portion of his game for the sole purpose of turning him into a pocket passer. As a traditional qb, he can be good. As a multidimensional qb, he can be a game changer.

As for the longevity of the read option, you may be right, but when we ran it last night, you didn't stop it and it was your 3rd time playing against it. RG3 ran effectively from the read option and it also resulted in some wide open looks in the passing game (of which he didn't always convert). I think we need to keep the read option if for no other reason than to keep the defenses honest and set up other plays.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 has the potential to be a good traditional NFL qb. But he has no experience at it so he will make typical rookie type mistakes (which we saw last night). My point is that we can't dump the dynamic portion of his game for the sole purpose of turning him into a pocket passer. As a traditional qb, he can be good. As a multidimensional qb, he can be a game changer.

As for the longevity of the read option, you may be right, but when we ran it last night, you didn't stop it and it was your 3rd time playing against it. RG3 ran effectively from the read option and it also resulted in some wide open looks in the passing game (of which he didn't always convert). I think we need to keep the read option if for no other reason than to keep the defenses honest and set up other plays.

I think that you saw the Redskins take advantage of that part of his game last night & it will probably always be in the game plan. However - you also saw his shortcomings (as you alluded to above). Someone needs to spend a considerable period of time with him to work on these - probably can't occur until the offseason. Up till now I would have stated that the "someone" would be Kyle Shanahan. Not so sure anymore.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Running the option a small percentage may be fine but as your primary offense is what I question. 1. NFL defenses are faster than they are in college. 2. The QB puts himself at risk to the BIG hit too often. I'm not saying completely stop RG3 from running the option, just limit it somewhat. If teams have to concern themselves with a pocket passer who can and will run the option occasionally it becomes that much more of a weapon. As a Cowboy fan I wish Dallas will run the option once or twice every other game. Romo is not fast but he moves well enough to get some yards with his legs. A few years ago we used Choice as our running QB, problem was everyone knew he was running. If Romo ran those plays the defense would had to reacted after the snap, not before.
Make RG3 a pocket passer with the knowledge he may run the option at any time and he will be very dangerous.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Our offense was anemic. Once again, we could not score a TD in the first half. Our Oline was getting blasted by scrubs that Dallas picked up off the street. We never got a running game going, save one long run by Morris. RG3 showed greater mobility, but he was very inaccurate. He also hangs onto the ball way too long in the pocket. For those of you that say he is a good pocket passer, rewatch this game. Being a good pocket passer in not just about throwing. Its also about reading the defenses pre snap, going through your progressions, stepping up in the pocket (which he rarely had a chance to do thanks to our pitiful interior Oline) and knowing when and where to throw the ball away or tuck and run. He has a tendency to lock onto a receiver (usually Garcon) and force throws into coverage. He was very lucky he didn't have more INTs last night.

If our offense is ever going to get to the production of last year, we have got to get RG3 in space. This notion of making him a pocket passer just to prove he can do it is foolish. If this is our goal, then we are going to suffer for a few years while he grows into that type of QB. He can probably do it, he has the arm and he has the intelligence, but he does not have the experience and we do not have an Oline built for pocket protection.

I have to agree, the offense is NOT clicking. Could it have something to do with running the same F'n plays over and over and over? You mention Griffin hanging on to the ball far too long and I agree. It's because of the chit patterns and he is mostly looking at the back of jersey's running down field after the 1st progression is covered. He did a better job of escaping the pocket and getting better yards this week but my goodness, our OLINE is absolute garbage. Monty, Chester & Polumbus have to go this off season. I wouldn't mind if the Shanahan's are gone also. Kyle's playing calling leaves something to be desired and it's the same 'ol crap over and over. Guess what, this team was not built to run a traditional offense and protect a pocket passer, that much is very clear. The lack of coaching at this point is rearing it's ugly head and it showed again last night. The ST coordinator should be fired by now, he and our ST stinks and have stunk since week 1.

While our defense did play better last night, without blitzing, we get no pressure. We get close but always come up empty. We allowed Romo to throw up a prayer last night to Williams (after a missed tackle on the blitz by Wilson) and sorry ass Biggers gets beat. I'm sick of watching this poorly coached team get beat by teams like the Cowboys who are not very good either. If your getting out coached by Jason Garrett, it's time to re-evaluate why your in this league coaching Mike & Kyle.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 433 yards of offense. We completed 50% of third downs. The offense played fine but didn't finish. We settled for 3 made FGs inside the red zone and missed another FG. We also had two turnovers which are game-changers.

Defensively we played well. We gave up only 213 yards. The problem was Dallas played with a short field all night...sometimes no field. 7 points on a punt return, 7 points on a 15 yard drive because of a 90 yard kick return, and 7 points after a 3 yard drive because of RG3's fumble. Defense played more than well enough to win this game.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care if we won 2 out of 3 phases of the game. We lost. That's all that matters. Use the stats to feel better if you want, but to me, the proof is the performance on the field when it comes to execution. We are just not a good team right now. I suppose I can feel slightly better that every team in this division is facing the same suckiness, but honestly it doesn't make me feel much better today.