• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Should Be 5-0

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had close games with teams that are in the same tier as us, games that could have gone either way. We were clear underdogs against buffalo, and they came out flat, which we benefited from. We are not a juggernaut yet, but it would have been nice if we didn't let those slip away.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could also have lost every game we won.......just sayin'

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing to hear is the team saying they should be 5-0. Past teams wouldn't talk like that at all. Still early to see how this season is going to go. Doubt the Bengals will get props unless they beat the Ravens or Steelers.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really like...we are not a great football team, and had so many holes and questions after last season, and yet we have a winning record.

Yes, these opponents are not that good, but that is what Dalton is getting a year of experience playing now. He is basically easing himself into a good signal caller.

Our defense is looking great so far, and they are very young.

Our offense has a rookie QB, a rookie #1 WR, a 2nd year TE that we are relying heavily on, and a first time starter in Simpson.

They are getting better every week, and I think we have one of the best special teams unit in the league with our coverage guys, and Nugent and Huber.

If we play well this year with a weaker schedule (7-9 to 9-7), we will have a year of experience for these guys and a full training camp next year and another draft to hopefully fill a couple more of our holes (and a good amount of money available to spend in FA for at least Mike Brown's cheaper role players).

I like teh direction of this organization so far from last year to this year, and with Gruden calling the shots.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think, having so many young guys at key positions, the lack of a full offseason program hurt us more than other teams. I'm hoping that's the reason for the run, run, pass philosophy so far, and that we'll open it up more as we get into the tougher teams.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, having so many young guys at key positions, the lack of a full offseason program hurt us more than other teams. I'm hoping that's the reason for the run, run, pass philosophy so far, and that we'll open it up more as we get into the tougher teams.

Wouldn't count on that, as long as Marvin Lewis is the head coach....but then again, I'm a well known and admitted damned pessimist......

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not counting on it either. Marvin just doesn't have a clue.