• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need to upgrade our WRs ASAP

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year was a disaster. Miller goes down, Harvin implodes, Richardson blows out his knee right when he was starting to catch stride, ... All things considered it was a great run to the Super Bowl.

Not to mention losing Mebane, Hill and our best nickle guy in Lane. Those are top tier guys right there at their position. Was a great season and i am proud of our Seahawks but i also know that this loss is eating them alive and next season they will be out for blood. I believe we will see something really special from this team next year, Really special.

Also on the slant to Lockette, Had Miller been healthy it's him catching that slant and no way in hell Butler can power through Miller like he did Lockette.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are not average joes going for surgery. These are highly conditioned athletes with not only access to the best doctors in the world for their surgery, but the best sports medicine has to offer for physical therapy and reconditioning. They will work on their range of motion stuff until they can do weights and then they will be hitting the therapy for hours and hours every day.

They need to recover farther than you do to do their jobs, but they have a head start with their conditioning and access to world class recovery.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to get a stud WR in the draft, hopefully a big guy, but is this the draft to do it? What the Seahawks don't need, is just another WR.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to give Norwood more action.

I know he's nothing spectacular in general, gets no hype and isn't a flashy big time reciever, but that boy is clutch when it matters. His ability to suddenly show up in the most important times was mind blowing when he was at Alabama.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the big play WR but let him walk after last season, probably because they thought we had too much $$ in the WR position. Unfortunately we picked the wrong one to dance with and were left with neither. I can't see throwing big bucks at a WR in free agency. The gamble will be that the guy we need is already on the roster -- Richardson. I know he has the knee now, but you think long game when you're drafting WRs. Crabtree is a FA right? That would be entertaining.....

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Larry Fitzgerald is released, how much would a team have to pay to get him? I'm not sure how that works, would a team have to pay a certain % of his contract or would it be a whole new contract?

If the Hawks can get him for cheap he could be a steal.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to give Norwood more action.

I know he's nothing spectacular in general, gets no hype and isn't a flashy big time reciever, but that boy is clutch when it matters. His ability to suddenly show up in the most important times was mind blowing when he was at Alabama.

He was out a bunch of this season hurt. Hard to give a rookie time when they have injury setbacks. I'm sure they'd love to work him more and probably will if he makes it through camp next year healthy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One interesting wild card is Larry Fitzgerald. If the Cards cut him then he might be interested in a 1 year deal for a contender. I don't think that will happen though, because the Cards will probably keep him just to make sure he doesn't end up here.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a Bobby Engram that gets us crucial catches on third downs. Reggie Wayne would be the perfect veteran mentor for our young WR core. Teaching them how to play the game the right way. I doubt he leaves Indy though.

Nate Washington is a solid option as well.

He's a vet, he's 6'1, and he has been very productive throughout his career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FWIW, here's a list of all available free agent WRs according to NFL.com:

Seyi Ajirotutu, San Diego Chargers
Miles Austin, Cleveland Browns
Jason Avant, Kansas City Chiefs
Kenny Britt, St. Louis Rams
Vincent Brown, Oakland Raiders
Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers
Josh Cribbs, Indianapolis Colts
Marcus Easley, Buffalo Bills
Derek Hagan, Tennessee Titans
Leonard Hankerson, Washington Redskins
Dwayne Harris, Dallas Cowboys
Darrius Heyward-Bey, Pittsburgh Steelers
Jerrel Jernigan, New York Giants
Brandon Lloyd, San Francisco 49ers
Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia Eagles
Robert Meachem, New Orleans Saints
Denarius Moore, Oakland Raiders
Josh Morgan, Chicago Bears
Santana Moss, Washington Redskins
Hakeem Nicks, Indianapolis Colts
Kevin Ogletree, New York Giants
Kassim Osgood, San Francisco 49ers
Eddie Royal, San Diego Chargers
Dane Sanzenbacher, Cincinnati Bengals
Cecil Shorts, Jacksonville Jaguars
Brad Smith, Philadelphia Eagles
Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens
Brandon Tate, Cincinnati Bengals
Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
Deonte Thompson, Buffalo Bills
Nate Washington, Tennessee Titans
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts
Wes Welker, Denver Broncos

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette needs to go.

Might be some hope with Norwood, but not counting on it.

Richardson injury was huge and not counting on him at all for next year. He's undersized and his speed hasn't translated well at the pro level, obviously an ACL only hurts that more.

Matthews is a total wild card.

Baldwin and Kearse are both #2/#3 types. One should be cut if the money is needed for other areas.
Arguably Lockette is our best gunner and we lost Maragos last year, so we need a guy like Lockette just for special teams. He is fine as a #5 WR, but cap concerns this year might push him away in similar fashion to Maragos.
Norwood is not going to make it. Inactive for the SB while both Lockette and Walters got in the game. That spells it out pretty clear to me.
I say we roll the dice again in the draft and hope to get a decent player.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably Lockette is our best gunner and we lost Maragos last year, so we need a guy like Lockette just for special teams. He is fine as a #5 WR, but cap concerns this year might push him away in similar fashion to Maragos.
Norwood is not going to make it. Inactive for the SB while both Lockette and Walters got in the game. That spells it out pretty clear to me.
I say we roll the dice again in the draft and hope to get a decent player.

Norwood was injured this year and as a rookie that's not good. It's way too early to know if he's a bust.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwood was injured this year and as a rookie that's not good. It's way too early to know if he's a bust.

I agree with that, but a 4th rounder not making the team isn't too big of a bust.
Was he indeed injured for the SB?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that, but a 4th rounder not making the team isn't too big of a bust.
Was he indeed injured for the SB?

I Don't believe so, but he lost quite a bit of the early part of the season and was set back in his development.

I'm just not sure you can claim anything by him not playing in the SB. It may well be you take a so-so guy with some experience over a rookie with nearly none, even if they are a much more athletic player with more big play potential given that setting.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwood was inactive for the Superbowl because Mathews is more involved in Special teams than Norwood, That was the reason why Mathews got the nod over him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he be back at 100% for the season? Not sure about that... ACL's have a tendency to take 9-12 months to fully heal and this is Richardson's 2nd torn ACL on the same knee in 3 years... I wouldn't count on him to be back 100% next season personally... I'm 6 months recovering from my first ACL surgery and I couldn't even imagine trying to play any sports right now... I still have a hard time jumping and running....

I had one ACL surgery when I was 20 and another on the same knee when I was 22. The second was much more difficult to come back from for me personally. I honestly think the best thing for them to do with him is don't rush it. Especially if he isn't 100% he won't do the Seahawks much good anyway.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwood was inactive for the Superbowl because Mathews is more involved in Special teams than Norwood, That was the reason why Mathews got the nod over him.

Yeah, you can't be a backup WR and not be a SP Teams contributor. Even if that contribution is simply not effing up catching punts.