• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Are Hosting the NFC Championship Game

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants don't play the type of defense that seems to bother the 49ers so much; the blitzing stunting kind. They can handle the basic 4 man rush pretty well which seems to be the defense the Giants like to play. The 49ers should win this game if they keep mistakes to a minimum and force Manning into his usual 2 mistakes with some pressure..

I'd rather face a 4-3 than a 3-4 like the Ravens with Suggs & Co. I think the Giants are almost built kind of like the Colts from years past. Great pass rushers but vulnerable to the run. If you look at what the Skins did to them in NY, they COULD NOT stop the Skins run game in the 2nd half. They just kept moving the chains and the Giants looked helpless.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather face a 4-3 than a 3-4 like the Ravens with Suggs & Co. I think the Giants are almost built kind of like the Colts from years past. Great pass rushers but vulnerable to the run. If you look at what the Skins did to them in NY, they COULD NOT stop the Skins run game in the 2nd half. They just kept moving the chains and the Giants looked helpless.

Agreed. It's much easier to run those confusing stunts that seem to baffle our O line from a 3-4 than from a 4-3. I hope we don't try to run too much though. We haven't run the ball effectively since mid season.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's much easier to run those confusing stunts that seem to baffle our O line from a 3-4 than from a 4-3. I hope we don't try to run too much though. We haven't run the ball effectively since mid season.

Yeah I think a balanced attack is the best way to attack their defense.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants don't play the type of defense that seems to bother the 49ers so much; the blitzing stunting kind. They can handle the basic 4 man rush pretty well which seems to be the defense the Giants like to play. The 49ers should win this game if they keep mistakes to a minimum and force Manning into his usual 2 mistakes with some pressure..

Goldson needs to bring that stellar FS play into this game... he pretty much gave Brees fits so Eli better watch it. Rogers and Brown need to bring it, not so much worried with Nicks as oppose to Cruz or MM cuz those guys tend to shake a bit more than Nicks IMO.

Aldon, bring the rapture!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually hoping for the Packers. I wanted the 49ers to beat them so i can brag to Packer fans who have bragged for the past few years to me. There are a lot more Packer fans than Giants fans in central IA (especially now). Oh well, NYG will be a good game.

I, too, wanted to play and beat the Packers because of Aaron Rodgers/Alex Smith item. I know if we won it wouldn't mean that Alex was better than Aaron but it would at least put some water on that fire. Of course, a loss would add some gas, especially if Rodgers was clutch in the game or overwhelming.

But since the Packers lost, I'm glad they lost the way they did. You'll still get people saying we'd lose on the road if the NY/GB game was a close GB loss, but at least if we beat NY and NY beat GB big it would give us some credit and the hypothetical SF/GB game would be less "certain" by everyone else. It was also good that GB lost at home, that takes a factor away.

Having said that, we need to beat the Giants or else we'll have a 'what if' on our hands re: our chances of beating GB if GB beat NY.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play the people on your schedule... the what ifs will never end.

It's the New York Giants coming into San Francisco to battle the 49ers for the NFC Championship!!!!!

cant believe this sh*t is real.... we're back in the NFC title gm in yr 1 of Harbaugh's era(or dynasty!?!??!?!)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Play the people on your schedule... the what ifs will never end.

It's the New York Giants coming into San Francisco to battle the 49ers for the NFC Championship!!!!!

cant believe this sh*t is real.... we're back in the NFC title gm in yr 1 of Harbaugh's era(or dynasty!?!??!?!)

Approved! You're right the "what if's" will live no matter what.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Approved! You're right the "what if's" will live no matter what.

No, we need to move the game to NJ, beat NY by 30 and the Pats/Ravens by 40, then there will be no what ifs. Now, let's do it! (Actually, maybe we'd get a what if Harbaugh were here in 2005, after drafting Alex)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are going to try to run the ball and win 13-10. Neither coach is going to take any big chances. Coughlin b/c he's conservative and Harbaugh b/c a 13-10 game plays right into the Niners strength.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the better overall defense, the Giants DB's are not good and furthermore we have the better running game as well, this bodes well for us