• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Are Hosting the NFC Championship Game

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my Avatar for next week. BEAT THE GIANTS!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
personally i think you guys would have been better off playing the pack and their leaky defvense than a hot giants team.Living in NY I've seen the giants do this one to many times.Anyway good luck niners fans I hate the giants

Saints were the hottest team in the NFC. We handled them. We can handle the Giants, too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
personally i think you guys would have been better off playing the pack and their leaky defvense than a hot giants team.Living in NY I've seen the giants do this one to many times.Anyway good luck niners fans I hate the giants

if next week we could play the Packers who played today, yeah i agree. cause the Giants played well. but next week we don't know which team would've shown up, so we'll just take being at home.

we have no excuses against the Giants, so IF they beat us they deserve it........no tears.

we won with turnovers and so did they, it'll start with who makes them next Sunday?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone doubted Alex.

Gotta give Herm Edwards some love. He called the 49ers and the Giants to win. Dude was right on with his comments about Alex Smith having a big game. Oh, and La Canfora was wrong about us again. Fuck that guy.

Should be a freaking blast at Candlestick this weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do teams like the Pats, Packers, and Saints have so much $$$ invested on the offensive side on the ball, that they have mediocre defenses that can be their achilles heel in the playoffs?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do teams like the Pats, Packers, and Saints have so much $$$ invested on the offensive side on the ball, that they have mediocre defenses that can be their achilles heel in the playoffs?

The Saints and Packers Defenses have stepped up when they had to. I don't think either teams Defense is that bad, but it's interesting that the teams like the 49ers and Ravens that have great defenses play that much better perhaps because they don't have a guy like Brady, Rodgers, or Brees that they can trust to put up points almost at will.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the Packers, Saints, and Patriots have outstanding QB's to start with, match that with a good supporting cast, and you go with your passing strength. IMO they don't purposely spend on offense and let their D go.

same with the 49ers, don't think Baalke purposely signed defensive FA's and let the offense go.

if our offensive unit could pass like these guys, we'd pass more than what we do now. by that i mean pass more vertical, not more times.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it at 2.5 now, it will be 49ers-3 by kick off. Meaning on a neutral field these 2 teams are dead even, should be a great game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Going to be a great game and you could easily make a compelling case for either team to win.

I lean on favoring us though because of the trenches. The Giants pass rush is scary but oddly enough our line holds up well against straight up pass rush and primarily struggles mightily against exotic blitzes.

On the flip side our defensive line was balling out there against the Saints and that was against one of the best if not the best pass blocking offensive lines in the NFL. If our defensive line plays like it did against the Saints than Manning is going to find himself on the ground a lot.

What I think will happen is they expected run in the first meeting and we hit them with the pass but I think we'll really hit them with the run this time. What stuck out to me with the Green Bay game yesterday is I thought the Giants look susceptible to the outside runs and I think we'll give them a steady diet of those. Which also plays into our hands because we want to make those defensive lineman run as much as possible.

Also there is no place like home and it's never an advantage to have to travel to East Coast to the West Coast in a playoff atmosphere.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually hoping for the Packers. I wanted the 49ers to beat them so i can brag to Packer fans who have bragged for the past few years to me. There are a lot more Packer fans than Giants fans in central IA (especially now). Oh well, NYG will be a good game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are certainly a hot team. Lots to consider about but at the same time, on our field, we play what we're capable of, we can beat them.

Our OL did a great job(IMO) vs them last time, i expect and trust the same this sunday.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i wish i had the money for this!

Either way i cant wait for sunday! Im still amped up about the win, get back to work boys! Im sure Harbaugh will have them ready to play again!

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Giants don't play the type of defense that seems to bother the 49ers so much; the blitzing stunting kind. They can handle the basic 4 man rush pretty well which seems to be the defense the Giants like to play. The 49ers should win this game if they keep mistakes to a minimum and force Manning into his usual 2 mistakes with some pressure..

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants don't play the type of defense that seems to bother the 49ers so much; the blitzing stunting kind. They can handle the basic 4 man rush pretty well which seems to be the defense the Giants like to play. The 49ers should win this game if they keep mistakes to a minimum and force Manning into his usual 2 mistakes with some pressure..

Looks like you were shocked on Saturday lol.

Gonna be another good game two teams playing some really good football. I cant wait! Go 49ers!

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like you were shocked on Saturday lol.

Gonna be another good game two teams playing some really good football. I cant wait! Go 49ers!

I was; weren't you? How many times do you see a team come back twice in the final minutes from two daggers in the heart like New Orleans gave them? It is astonishing. Especially to have the gumption to get up off the deck after that last one and go 85 yards to win the game. That just doesn't happen.