• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF - Ducks vs. Blackhawks

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faithful by Pearl Jam being played in the arena, well done Hawks, well done.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago will make Anaheim pay at some point with these penalties

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick of hearing the 4 defensemen crud. I remember when someone asked Chelios about all the minutes he had to play and he said it's no big deal because as a defensemen you don't skate as much and you learn how to conserve your energy. Most sports analysts don't know spit.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That backhand goal is as sexy as it gets

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly one sided reffing in this one. Only slightly one sided.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly one sided reffing in this one. Only slightly one sided.
I didn't get to watch or even listen tonight, so I don't know yet who was getting the better calls.
Doesn't matter, too much. Good teams beat bad refs and the calls typically even out over time.
Wife won't be home until 10 so I don't have to fake being happy until then.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick of hearing the 4 defensemen crud. I remember when someone asked Chelios about all the minutes he had to play and he said it's no big deal because as a defensemen you don't skate as much and you learn how to conserve your energy. Most sports analysts don't know spit.

it means something if they take a pounding though ... anaheim has the big bodies to do that

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like Ryan Kesler.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anaheim will end up paying if they keep taking penalties though - they were taking a lot of them early on

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as the Ducks played when they needed to, I don't understand Quennville's coaching here. Why in God's name do you scratch Vermette AND Teravainen and replace them with Versteeg and Nordstrom. Two guys who have literally done more harm than good in both the regular season and playoffs. Versteeg always falls down and is now back to holding on to the puck for too long. And Nordstrom is just plain useless. And Least Vermette and Teravainen were getting scoring chances in the first 2 games. Stupid coaching decision there. Props to Anaheim, they did what they needed to.

Disappointing how the Hawks played. Especially when Anaheim gave them 5 freaking power plays and instead of putting the puck on net and crashing the net, they p#$%$ it around 40 times and then eventually it takes a funny bounces and one of the Duck players gets it and clears it. If Anaheim takes game 4, I don't see the Hawks winning the series.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as the Ducks played when they needed to, I don't understand Quennville's coaching here. Why in God's name do you scratch Vermette AND Teravainen and replace them with Versteeg and Nordstrom. Two guys who have literally done more harm than good in both the regular season and playoffs. Versteeg always falls down and is now back to holding on to the puck for too long. And Nordstrom is just plain useless. And Least Vermette and Teravainen were getting scoring chances in the first 2 games. Stupid coaching decision there. Props to Anaheim, they did what they needed to.

Disappointing how the Hawks played. Especially when Anaheim gave them 5 freaking power plays and instead of putting the puck on net and crashing the net, they p#$%$ it around 40 times and then eventually it takes a funny bounces and one of the Duck players gets it and clears it. If Anaheim takes game 4, I don't see the Hawks winning the series.

exactly. I think its that my shit does not stink attitude that NHL coaches have. Q plays hunches. He is usually stubborn too though and will not go back right away because it almost highlights the fact that if they win with Teuvo and Vermette, he should have never sat them.

I am trying to figure out why Krueger was benched the entire third period, I am thinking it was because he was responsible for the back side on Despres goal. Crawford was out really far, has lost his net a few times, so maybe Krueger was the one that should have been there and was taking all the blame so he rode the bench the rest of the night.

Teuvo was chasing down pucks, getting pucks to the net, throwing nice area passes to get team mates looks, it was definitely a mistake to sit him. Vermette was winning draws in Minnesota, was not doing well this series, but did not have the opportunity to be facing off against a lower line center either.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha Chris Rooney gets the assist on Brandon Saad's goal

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Rooney - this is probably your last game in these playoffs.