• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wayyyy too early preseason top 25

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until somebody from the MWC can get into the Elite 8 I will just ignore the whole conference. Very disappointing, NM wrecked my bracket, too. :gaah::bawling::doh:

They won't this year. :rollseyes:
Number 1 RPI last year leading to a giant piece of dung when it matters. Every MWC was upset over the conference's play in the tourney. You should've known better than to have an Alford coach team go far in the NCAAs. lol

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 1 RPI last year leading to a giant piece of dung when it matters. Every MWC was upset over the conference's play in the tourney. You should've known better than to have an Alford coach team go far in the NCAAs. lol

It was rather disappointing, UNLV laid a huge turd too, at least we lost to a team that made it to the sweet 16 and lost to a final 4 team :cool2:

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was rather disappointing, UNLV laid a huge turd too, at least we lost to a team that made it to the sweet 16 and lost to a final 4 team :cool2:
Yeah, UNLV was supposed to be really good last year. Even better than us.

Their Rice's only accomplishment really so far is being able to sweep us last year. We still dominate the series since MWC play began, especially the last 5-6 years. Thomas & Mack is still Viejas East.

Your coach keeps building a better squad. I'm excited about what Utah State's bringing. Two fan bases with the "I believe" chant. lol

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will pick NM to lose every NCAA tourney game they play in from now on. No worries.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid rankings, but I think Michigan and tOSU are ranked too high, they lost a lot of talent this offseason. 15-20 Range is where I would stick'em.

As for Iowa, I'll believe it when I see it.

They lost Burke and Hardaway but have a great class coming in. Plus the returning freshmen from last year and McGary and Robinson are poised to breakout. They will be just fine. Can they get back to the Final Four? ehh who knows but def. compete for B1G title and at least a Sweet 16.

I agree with Iowa, believe it when I see it. Indiana should be fine, another great class coming in and as usual the B1G will be highly competitive until the end with all the big boys just beating each other up.

A sleeper this year might be Marquette. They have some core guys coming back like their two big men and their recruiting class was sick.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I predict it will be on Selection Sunday

1. Louisville
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Michigan State
5. Arizona
6. Duke
7. Michigan
8. Ohio State
9. Florida
10. Oklahoma State
11. Syracuse
12. North Carolina
13. Virginia Commonwealth
14. UCONN
15. Wichita State
16. Wisconsin
17. Gonzaga
18. Baylor
19. Boise State
20. Indiana
21. Marquette
22. New Mexico
23. Colorado
24. Memphis
25. Colorado

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid rankings, but I think Michigan and tOSU are ranked too high, they lost a lot of talent this offseason. 15-20 Range is where I would stick'em.

As for Iowa, I'll believe it when I see it.

Youll get to see it first hand this year :)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will pick NM to lose every NCAA tourney game they play in from now on. No worries.

Alford is not the coach there anymore sir, he's now at UCLA to lose in the first round.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, UNLV was supposed to be really good last year. Even better than us.

Their Rice's only accomplishment really so far is being able to sweep us last year. We still dominate the series since MWC play began, especially the last 5-6 years. Thomas & Mack is still Viejas East.

Your coach keeps building a better squad. I'm excited about what Utah State's bringing. Two fan bases with the "I believe" chant. lol

UNLV's Rice has recruited well but his results haven't been up to the talent so far I feel like

I like the job our coach is doing, he has done amazing things here in just a few short years, never have I been so excited for Boise State basketball.

Utah State does have a very good basketball program it was down last year but they should be better this year.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLV's Rice has recruited well but his results haven't been up to the talent so far I feel like

I like the job our coach is doing, he has done amazing things here in just a few short years, never have I been so excited for Boise State basketball.

Utah State does have a very good basketball program it was down last year but they should be better this year.
That's UNLV for you. They're the most talented team, with the highest rated recruits and transfers every season and then they finish third. Kruger did the same thing. Fisher owned his ass. Still does now that he's at OU.

I think this year will be like 2 years ago. Everybody said it was going to be a down year for the conference when the MWC lost a lot of talent. That year a lot of people stepped up and became stars.

As for SDSU, I really think Winston Shepard will have a special season. Like Maal's frosh year in Kawahi's shadow's he learned from a future NBA player including work ethic. He's going to have a year much like Franklin did his first year as a FT starter.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I predict it will be on Selection Sunday

1. Louisville
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Michigan State
5. Arizona
6. Duke
7. Michigan
8. Ohio State
9. Florida
10. Oklahoma State
11. Syracuse
12. North Carolina
13. Virginia Commonwealth
14. UCONN
15. Wichita State
16. Wisconsin
17. Gonzaga
18. Baylor
19. Boise State
20. Indiana
21. Marquette
22. New Mexico
23. Colorado
24. Memphis
25. Colorado
SDSU will be there. The Aztecs will be a deeper team than last year. The loss of Jamaal Franklin and Chase Tapley are tough. We're a program now. So the Aztecs reload. Last time SDSU had to do this after the Sweet 16 season losing 4 starters. SDSU won the MWC going 6 deep in a 4-guard lineup. The Aztecs return 2 FT starters and one PT in former 5 star Winston Shepard, who will be a star. Like Jamaal, he didn't play much as a frosh until later in the year. Like Jamaal he backed up a future NBA draft pick in Kawhi Leonard. Also, the new 5 Skyler Spencer is an upgrade from the departed DeShawn Stephens. He will lead the nation in blocks this year after setting a MWC block record as a back up. SDSU also has the key ingredient to success in the post season: a white guy who can shoot the 3 in Matt Shrigley who RS last year due to depth on the wing.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU will be there. The Aztecs will be a deeper team than last year. The loss of Jamaal Franklin and Chase Tapley are tough. We're a program now. So the Aztecs reload. Last time SDSU had to do this after the Sweet 16 season losing 4 starters. SDSU won the MWC going 6 deep in a 4-guard lineup. The Aztecs return 2 FT starters and one PT in former 5 star Winston Shepard, who will be a star. Like Jamaal, he didn't play much as a frosh until later in the year. Like Jamaal he backed up a future NBA draft pick in Kawhi Leonard. Also, the new 5 Skyler Spencer is an upgrade from the departed DeShawn Stephens. He will lead the nation in blocks this year after setting a MWC block record as a back up. SDSU also has the key ingredient to success in the post season: a white guy who can shoot the 3 in Matt Shrigley who RS last year due to depth on the wing.

Replacing 3 out of your top 5 scorers will not be easy. SDSU only managed a 7 seed with all those guys. You guys may be able to reload, but even reloading I can't see anything better than 7-9 seed again come tourney time, and that might be generous. I'd be shocked if SDSU ended up with a 5 seed or better.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing 3 out of your top 5 scorers will not be easy. SDSU only managed a 7 seed with all those guys. You guys may be able to reload, but even reloading I can't see anything better than 7-9 seed again come tourney time, and that might be generous. I'd be shocked if SDSU ended up with a 5 seed or better.
The 7 seed was because those guys severely under-achieved. That hasn't been done by an Aztec hoops team since the 2002 MWC championship team with 4 returning starters went NIT. We lost 2 out of the top 5 scorers...not 3.

All MWC will be punished for the sins of lousy basketball last April when it comes to seeding. So anyone with a 5 or better will even shock me. I think SDSU will win the MWC again based on who we have back and coming in. Without Josh Davis, I wouldn't think we had a chance at a Conf title. With him, our biggest hole is filled.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 7 seed was because those guys severely under-achieved. That hasn't been done by an Aztec hoops team since the 2002 MWC championship team with 4 returning starters went NIT. We lost 2 out of the top 5 scorers...not 3.

All MWC will be punished for the sins of lousy basketball last April when it comes to seeding. So anyone with a 5 or better will even shock me. I think SDSU will win the MWC again based on who we have back and coming in. Without Josh Davis, I wouldn't think we had a chance at a Conf title. With him, our biggest hole is filled.

I had SDSU at number 34 in my top 50. It wouldnt surprise me to see them win the MWC. There are about 4 teams that have a legit chance at winning it IMO. I gave NM the nod but SDSU would not be a surprise at all.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had SDSU at number 34 in my top 50. It wouldnt surprise me to see them win the MWC. There are about 4 teams that have a legit chance at winning it IMO. I gave NM the nod but SDSU would not be a surprise at all.
SDSU, BSU, TCU and UNM are all going dancing. The MWC in inscreasingly a tougher conference to win on the road. Air Force is even a tough out at home now. That being said, SDSU has a distinct advantage over the other schools. SDSU has shown under Fisher that it can win on the road with consistency and also at the tougher venues like the Pit and at Thomas & Mack aka Viejas East.

None of the other top 4 MWC schools can claim this sans a good year here and there on the road. Another advantage is SDSU owns UNLV in the Fisher era especially the last 5-6 years. Hence the nickname for Thomas & Mack where SDSU holds a better record on the Rebs court the last 4 years than UNLV. Their coaching is subpar. UNLV has the talent to win this conference every year. They are like the UGA football of our conference.

UNM has a lot of talent coming back. They have a new coach. So they might actually win an NCAA game. IMO, this will be SDSU's toughest test.

BSU is getting much better. They don't quite have the level of talent the top 3 have. However, they have a better coach than all but Fisher. If UNLV and BSU traded coaches, UNLV would dominate the MWC and BSU would be a NIT team at best.