• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Way Too Early: Who wins the Pac 12?

Who will win the Pac 12?

• Total voters

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dark horse to win it is the Huskies. I think they lose some up the middle, but that defense should easily be the best in the PAC. Offense has to improve.. right?
Its A solid dark horse imo. Their defense is very impressive. The Huskies may shock a lot of people this year. Im weary of Washington very good team flying under the radar. The biggest hurdle they have is Stanford and Oregon back to back mid season. Its going to be a bech but if they pull out w's in those games. They will be in position to run the north

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its A solid dark horse imo. Their defense is very impressive. The Huskies may shock a lot of people this year. Im weary of Washington very good team flying under the radar. The biggest hurdle they have is Stanford and Oregon back to back mid season. Its going to be a bech but if they pull out w's in those games. They will be in position to run the north

I'm pulling for them to finally beat Oregon. Hopefully they'll be extra focused after losing to Stanford the week before.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for them to finally beat Oregon. Hopefully they'll be extra focused after losing to Stanford the week before.
Oregon is hinging on another transfer QB. I know the ducks fans don't see a problem with it. But I don't see how that doesnt have a negative impact. On chemistry with the team.Development of QB's in their system. It has to kill their confidence and desire to stay. Kids want to play not just to compete but for their futures. And the future recruiting of QB's no one wants to enter A system where they run a high risk of not playing. Its a destructive trend they're starting in Oregon imo. Its Washington's best shot at breaking the streak. But they got a bad draw getting oregon the week after stanford

Reactions: BUD

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is hinging on another transfer QB. I know the ducks fans don't see a problem with it. But I don't see how that doesnt have a negative impact. On chemistry with the team.Development of QB's in their system. It has to kill their confidence and desire to stay. Kids want to play not just to compete but for their futures. And the future recruiting of QB's no one wants to enter A system where they run a high risk of not playing. Its a destructive trend they're starting in Oregon imo. Its Washington's best shot at breaking the streak. But they got a bad draw getting oregon the week after stanford

Prukop will win the Heisman. Just so Texas fans can hear about another QB that grew up 15 minutes from the Stadium and went on to star somewhere else.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prukop will win the Heisman. Just so Texas fans can hear about another QB that grew up 15 minutes from the Stadium and went on to star somewhere else.
I wouldnt write Oregon off they do have a pretty soft schedule in regards to the other PAC teams. Prukop may have a big year he also Freeman to work with

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The QB is real good, but I think Oregon's deal as a whole is no longer the advantage it was and teams have adjusted to the style of play. I've yet to see Helfirch really make changes to keep them ahead of things. It seems like he's just running Chips system for as long as he can.

Have to believe Washington has the better coach at this point. Maybe Oregon will come out and be more of a passing team this year with the new QB to add more of a wrinkle, they'll need it IMO.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its more likely they beat Stanford than Oregon given recent history

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt write Oregon off they do have a pretty soft schedule in regards to the other PAC teams. Prukop may have a big year he also Freeman to work with

I am not sure. I think they will be a good team, but I do not see top 10. I believe they lost most of their front 7. 3 OL, QB, and some WRs. I would never bet against their offense, but they look like they may have to score 40 this year to win. TOp 3 tacklers last year were seniors. 44% of their total tackles and 65% of their TFLs are no longer with the team. That is a problem, especially for a team that gave up over 6 yards per play (9th in the Pac) last year. Schedule maybe soft, but that usually ends up catching up to a team.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure. I think they will be a good team, but I do not see top 10. I believe they lost most of their front 7. 3 OL, QB, and some WRs. I would never bet against their offense, but they look like they may have to score 40 this year to win. TOp 3 tacklers last year were seniors. 44% of their total tackles and 65% of their TFLs are no longer with the team. That is a problem, especially for a team that gave up over 6 yards per play (9th in the Pac) last year. Schedule maybe soft, but that usually ends up catching up to a team.
but also having the 116th defense and still winning 9 games and almost winning the division. it would be hard to get worse.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I picked Stanford- was going to go with USC, kind of a toss up. Both replacing QBs.

Washington is indeed a good darkhorse candidate with a tough Defense. But I just don't know enough right now about the rest. QB was a freshman last year I believe, so he should be better this year.

Damn I just don't know enough about the guys coming up in the Pac, just have to wait until I can see more in August. I guess Cal is the one I'm most anxious to learn about, but they wont have Goff anymore so not really worried.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I picked Stanford- was going to go with USC, kind of a toss up. Both replacing QBs.

Washington is indeed a good darkhorse candidate with a tough Defense. But I just don't know enough right now about the rest. QB was a freshman last year I believe, so he should be better this year.

Damn I just don't know enough about the guys coming up in the Pac, just have to wait until I can see more in August. I guess Cal is the one I'm most anxious to learn about, but they wont have Goff anymore so not really worried.
Colorado's got this :thumb:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but also having the 116th defense and still winning 9 games and almost winning the division. it would be hard to get worse.

I don't use total defense stat. It is a bad stat. Oregon runs a ridiculous amount of plays. Better to look at the per play data

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that puts oregon at 73rd in the Def which makes them still below average last season.

That is with a senior laden front 7. Getting younger probably isnt going to help the situation, especially losing one of the best DL in the nation. He isnt replaceable.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is with a senior laden front 7. Getting younger probably isnt going to help the situation, especially losing one of the best DL in the nation. He isnt replaceable.
Oregon, despite being known as an offensive team has had 1 DL player drafted each of the last 4 years and 3 of the 4 were first round picks. Even though Oregon is replacing people and starting a new system on defense I am not worried that the overall will be better than last year because like I said, it cant get much worse.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has their flaw or major unknowns. There is no slam dunk favorite in the Pac this year. I don't recall ever seeing a year where 2/3 of the conference were going to break in new QB's at the same time. That's just insane. There have been enough coaching changes to give questions to a few of the presumptive favorites.

Someone will emerge. It's not like saying that there isn't a clear favorite means there won't be any strong teams. We simply don't know which ones will take that step. You assume it will be at least one, if not 2-3 that will answer the call and step up.