• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watch Cozart hit

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man practically fell down hitting a pop fly to left field.
He is almost falling over the plate every time he swings the bat.
Does nobody ever work with this guy?
You should not be landing on the front foot that way.
What a fucking joke we have for hitting instruction.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's out of whack, for sure.

You know what ? Check out film of the HR derby. Bruce Harper hit a dozen HR completely on his front foot. He hit a few where the front foot was off the ground at the beginning of his swing, and the back foot was off the ground at impact. I've seen Hank Aaron do the same thing. It's not recommended form, but the bottom line is squaring it up with all the ass you have behind it. Some guys see it so well they drop all that weight forward on contact, and when it's right, it can't travel any farther with any other method. If its Cozarts plan, might give some insight on what his goals ( or his coaches) at the plate are. They might want to consider that it takes more than a paint job to turn a zebra into a racehorse.

I was a prescriber to Charlie Lau. Charlie Lau was a proponent of balance, rotation, bat speed, going with the pitch, and releasing the top hand after contact. He wanted the hands loaded, start high, swing on plane as long ac possible, and finish high. They used to say he traded power for contact, before George Brett. No one under 50 has a clue who he was, but there are lots of hitters out there that are eating pretty well using a recipe he turned into a masterpiece. Filet Mignon, bone-in.

Just my opinion, Brook Jacoby is a short order cook from a greasy spoon. Swing hard, pull everything, in case you make contact. It's a spam sandwich that Cozart is choking on right now.