• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wasting time with Nate Montana

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Additionally, I don't know of which Jerry Rice cousin you're talking about, but I do know he has a son that supposedly has great hands. The only other person who I can think of related to JR is some guy named Jordan Mathews, who plays for Vandy?

Jordan Mathews is Jerry's 2nd cousin I guess. And yes, he plays for Vandy.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Got the Niners 4 rings giving his son a tryout at rookie camp doesnt affect anything and its a way give Joe a favor.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Montana works out again for San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

I'm starting to get a little curious about what is going on here, this is the 3rd time the 49ers have worked the kid out... isn't it? Kind of beyond the point of just doing a favor for Joe and giving his kid a shot.

Probably is as simple as what Imac said though, just being able to have someone there who can participate as a QB, since it has been 2 rookie camps.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Montana works out again for San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

I'm starting to get a little curious about what is going on here, this is the 3rd time the 49ers have worked the kid out... isn't it? Kind of beyond the point of just doing a favor for Joe and giving his kid a shot.

Probably is as simple as what Imac said though, just being able to have someone there who can participate as a QB, since it has been 2 rookie camps.

It's unlikely that he's resigned yet to the probability that he won't stick on as a 3rd or fourth string somewhere, but if he does accept that, being a camp arm forever would be kind of cool if doing so for your father's team.

However, I'm saying that as a guy who has never played football competitively and don't have a famous father doing what I want to do. I'm sure there's a fire there and when that goes out, there's a bad feeling to it. It's just a question whether he can turn that around and get something good from it. A lot of guys would go into soccer or basketball instead. Or coaching.

I don't mean to sound condescending, there's always a risk in sounding that way. I just think it's pretty cool that he's making that effort. That's a tough guy and I admire that. I'm assuming he's trying to stick to a team, not just what I said above, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a better chance making KC's roster. Cash in a favor over there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we sign him to the PS puhleeeeze?!?!?!

I think there's a better chance of JOE Montana making the PS.

I disagree, Joe's not eligible for the squad ;), so I have a better chance than he does, unless they change the rules. So by extension, his son has more chance, since he'd beat me out blindfolded with both arms tied behind his back standing on his head, even without a football.