• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wasnt this what we were looking for?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly to New England with a sixth round pick for a fifth round pick.

Sopoaga, 32, has been a proven run-stopper since being drafted by the 49ers in the fourth round in 2004. His numbers might not impress — he has 10 tackles this season and no sacks, and has just 7½ sacks in his 133-game career — but his value extends beyond the statistics.

He signed with the Eagles in March to a three-year, $11 million contract that included a $2.75 million bonus. He’s scheduled to make $3.75 million in 2014 and $3.5 million in 2015.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any D-line help would be appreciated.:hope:

C

cubzzzfanincali

No no no no no and no. This is exactly NOT what the Bears should be doing. If the Bears were a legitimate SB contender, like NE is this year, then maybe. But (again, just my opinion), this team has no chance at winning the Super Bowl. We aren't one DT away from it. So trading any draft picks for a mediocre 32 year old DT is therefore a mistake.

For those of you who think this Bears team has a legit chance, maybe this seems fine, but for those of us who aren't, no no no and no.

Now I have heard they might be able to sign Ratliff. That seems like a much better idea, because it doesn't cost us any draft picks.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no no no and no. This is exactly NOT what the Bears should be doing. If the Bears were a legitimate SB contender, like NE is this year, then maybe. But (again, just my opinion), this team has no chance at winning the Super Bowl. We aren't one DT away from it. So trading any draft picks for a mediocre 32 year old DT is therefore a mistake.

For those of you who think this Bears team has a legit chance, maybe this seems fine, but for those of us who aren't, no no no and no.

Now I have heard they might be able to sign Ratliff. That seems like a much better idea, because it doesn't cost us any draft picks.

Ratliff according to what I've read cannot play this year( injury ). How would that help us this year?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we wanted a DT that was not a rental and could be part of the rotation next season. swapping a fifth round for a 6th round will basically get you the same type player. If he doesnt make the rotation, you cut him. the bonus was paid by philly already.

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Cubzzz, don't give any draft picks away. We need them desperately. If anything figure out who to trade to get more draft picks. Ratliff is a good idea and might be back before December. We need some young defensive players and offensive players. We will have a lot of players to resign and possibly several to retire next year. Don't waste a single draft pick. I hate to say it but maybe it might be time to trade McClellin for a couple of picks even if he was a first rounder that wont get that much value in return. Emery's late picks in the draft seem very competent this last year.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anything we need Iserael Idonajae and nick Roach back.