• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Jayden gets rid of the ball pretty quickly. He has a quick release as well.

Fields last year at Ohio St. he went for:
2,100yds
22tds
6int

Jayden's last year at LSU he went for:
40tds
4int

I'm not here to convince anyone. You have a right to your opinion. Jayden could get to the league and not be able to stay healthy because of his frame.

I'm just seeing these false narratives surrounding him.

He's Justin Fields
He's RG3
He plays backyard football.
Maye is a better passer, when every trackable statistic suggests otherwise.

In the end you could be right. Vick had a pretty good career. Steve Young had a pretty good career. Fran Tarkenton could play. Randall was a FG away from getting the Vikings to the Superbowl.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.
I am taking some time off from here for a while, but you nailed it.

People find problems with Daniels just for the sake of it. If you don't like the guy...fine. We are all entitled to our opinion. Most knocks against him that I have seen are stretches at best by people who clearly didn't watch him play or have a beef with him.

So far, the only knocks I see are:

Maye = 2023 numbers were down because of a terrible OLine and WR
JJ = he is a game manager only
Williams = he is a drama queen and his parents are crazy

Daniels:
Pick a reason...it will stick.

I will support whoever we pick: Williams, Maye, Daniels, Pennix, Nix, etc

Clearly the same cannot be said about some people here. I prefer Daniels because the tape doesn't lie. That doesn't mean I have to insult the other QBs on a daily basis.

The funny thing is when fans of other teams come on here and act like:

1. We are the actual GM making the decisions.
2. We are all idiots and need help forming an opinion on our own team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol......exactly. I readily admit I have a so so hit rate when it comes to QBs. I've been spot on before and I've been way off. I have no idea what any of these quarterbacks are going to do. It's basically an educated guess. You should visit more often. Respectful debates are always fun.
Don’t feel to bad. Everyone has a so so hit rate on QBs, even the professionals.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the third time I have posted this now:

Jayden Daniels pass% 70.2 passing yards 6,725 TDs 57 Ints 7 Rushing yards 2,019
Drake Maye pass% 64.9 passing yards 8,018 TDs 63 Ints 16 Rushing yards 1,209

This is Daniel's 4th and 5th years versus Maye's only two years. I am not putting any other qualifiers. I took Jayden's best years and Drakes only two years. Pretty even huh?

I don't believe in using college stats because there are a lot of guys that had better stats than this that were not NFL QBs.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post! What would we do with out you!

I don't believe in using any type of stats actually.

We should use personality and kindness as measuring sticks for which QB we draft.
I mean actually game tape and statistics are useless pieces of data.
I have said that at least 10 times.

There again, I trust Peters with my life!

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am taking some time off from here for a while, but you nailed it.

People find problems with Daniels just for the sake of it. If you don't like the guy...fine. We are all entitled to our opinion. Most knocks against him that I have seen are stretches at best by people who clearly didn't watch him play or have a beef with him.

So far, the only knocks I see are:

Maye = 2023 numbers were down because of a terrible OLine and WR
JJ = he is a game manager only
Williams = he is a drama queen and his parents are crazy

Daniels:
Pick a reason...it will stick.

I will support whoever we pick: Williams, Maye, Daniels, Pennix, Nix, etc

Clearly the same cannot be said about some people here. I prefer Daniels because the tape doesn't lie. That doesn't mean I have to insult the other QBs on a daily basis.

The funny thing is when fans of other teams come on here and act like:

1. We are the actual GM making the decisions.
2. We are all idiots and need help forming an opinion on our own team.
I was about to do a wellness check on you duke.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to do a wellness check on you duke.
LOL...all good brother. Appreciate it.

Taking a break for a while.

You know where to reach me.

Have a good holiday!!!!!!!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I’ll say is if these guys draft JD over maye. Then I’ve got to believe JD is the better choice. Because maye has the size and arm you’d like your qb to have. That’s for sure.

SN Did anyone watch the video from hasselback I posted? Did you catch the part of him saying in 15 years at looking at QBs maye is the best he’s saw? I know just one man’s opinion

I also know there’s folks who say JD the best

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I’ll say is if these guys draft JD over maye. Then I’ve got to believe JD is the better choice. Because maye has the size and arm you’d like your qb to have. That’s for sure.

SN Did anyone watch the video from hasselback I posted? Did you catch the part of him saying in 15 years at looking at QBs maye is the best he’s saw? I know just one man’s opinion

I also know there’s folks who say JD the best
I'm gonna root like crazy for whomever they pick. If Peters passes on JD, I'm sure he'll have his reasons. I just don't like seeing Jayden get mislabeled.

40tds almost all of them from the pocket. Maye gets praised for how athletic his is.

Meanwhile Jayden rushing for 1,300 last year is considered some kind of knock on his game.

I never knock Maye, or at least I try not to. He may very well be the pick.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna root like crazy for whomever they pick. If Peters passes on JD, I'm sure he'll have his reasons. I just don't like seeing Jayden get mislabeled.

40tds almost all of them from the pocket. Maye gets praised for how athletic his is.

Meanwhile Jayden rushing for 1,300 last year is considered some kind of knock on his game.

I never knock Maye, or at least I try not to. He may very well be the pick.
My main concern with JD is the size. I know he fattened up for the pro day, but what does he really play at? Honestly I’ve heard people say maye isn’t that athletic and I don’t know what they’re missing. I’m with you though they’re both great prospects so we’ll have to agree we got the best one if peters chooses him until we see them play nfl fb games at least

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main concern with JD is the size. I know he fattened up for the pro day, but what does he really play at? Honestly I’ve heard people say maye isn’t that athletic and I don’t know what they’re missing. I’m with you though they’re both great prospects so we’ll have to agree we got the best one if peters chooses him until we see them play nfl fb games at least
Maye is plenty athletic, but when compared to Jayden imo they are on different planets. If Maye rushed for 1,300 yards last year, he'd be challenging Caleb for 1 overall.

I do like the velocity that Maye has, but I also appreciate the touch that Jayden puts on his deep passes.

He throws a very catchable ball. I've seen him time and again drop it right in the bucket, whether it be on a outside shoulder fade route or a corner of the endzone 50/50 ball.

Maye being 235 means he probably won't get pulled down in the pocket or arm tackled like Jayden.

Skins will be playing late November and December games in NY, and Philly. Gotta question if Jayden can get it where he needs to on time with all the wind that time of year. The NFC East ain't Baton Rouge. Won't be 70° in December.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the crazy part of silly season. Someone somewhere is sticking pins in these guys to prove the point they want to make. It will be three years before we know which one is best.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye is plenty athletic, but when compared to Jayden imo they are on different planets. If Maye rushed for 1,300 yards last year, he'd be challenging Caleb for 1 overall.

I do like the velocity that Maye has, but I also appreciate the touch that Jayden puts on his deep passes.

He throws a very catchable ball. I've seen him time and again drop it right in the bucket, whether it be on a outside shoulder fade route or a corner of the endzone 50/50 ball.

Maye being 235 means he probably won't get pulled down in the pocket or arm tackled like Jayden.

Skins will be playing late November and December games in NY, and Philly. Gotta question if Jayden can get it where he needs to on time with all the wind that time of year. The NFC East ain't Baton Rouge. Won't be 70° in December.

I think this will come into play. My pick is Maye.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick is JJ, its a little disappointing at 2 but its who i believe is ready manage games that lead to victories
No, hell no , the number 2 overall pick can’t be a bus driver

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Commanders official Instagram today. Weird that the official site is posting mock drafts. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Screenshot_20240401_143821_Instagram.jpg