• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

man, i feel like Penix Jr. has to wind up on the right team to make it in the NFL.
clearly he can play but i don't think hes a guy that start right away and have a winning record

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for me to “agenda post” I reckon

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels is a much more dangerous runner than Drake, but yeah, bigger arm, NFL ready frame.
While this is most likely true, we need to remember, we are looking for a quarterback, not a running back. Nothing wrong with a mobile QB, as both are. The consistent knock I’ve seen on JAyden is that he bails too early out of a clean pocket before scanning for wide open receivers. That may work in college against Louisiana tech or a Tulane, but that can get you killed in the NFL. Ask RGMe. he needs to be pass first, and run only when needed.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is most likely true, we need to remember, we are looking for a quarterback, not a running back. Nothing wrong with a mobile QB, as both are. The consistent knock I’ve seen on JAyden is that he bails too early out of a clean pocket before scanning for wide open receivers. That may work in college against Louisiana tech or a Tulane, but that can get you killed in the NFL. Ask RGMe. he needs to be pass first, and run only when needed.
He had a much better year passing than Maye did. I feel like Jayden gets labeled a running quarterback because he can run. Just my 2 cents.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a much better year passing than Maye did. I feel like Jayden gets labeled a running quarterback because he can run. Just my 2 cents.
You may be right.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can,t unsee the 5 unc games I saw in 2023 when maye looked like total dogshit.others had their bad plays,but not in 5 games.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye at #2 is the correct choice (I just hope Washington finds some protection for him)...

Daniels is Fields 2.0... I know some of you are saying, "omgomg he can throw though and just because he runs doesn't mean he's Fields." I mean... that's exactly what it means. Whatever.

If I was a Skins fan (and this has no bearing on Seattle because all the QBs are going to be gone by the time we draft and hopefully that means Bowers, a good Guard, or Latu falls into our lap - doesn't matter WTF happens in the top 5 for us) I'd want Maye 100%. I wouldn't want anything to do with Daniels.

He may have a slightly better season because backyard football and running the ball means something when the rest of your team sucks, but it wont be a long term solution by any stretch.

I know I'm posting on another team's boards so please feel free to disagree and offer opinions or why I'm wrong. By no means trying to come here and start drama. Just an opinion and as some of you may know I get very excited about the draft :)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye at #2 is the correct choice (I just hope Washington finds some protection for him)...

Daniels is Fields 2.0... I know some of you are saying, "omgomg he can throw though and just because he runs doesn't mean he's Fields." I mean... that's exactly what it means. Whatever.

If I was a Skins fan (and this has no bearing on Seattle because all the QBs are going to be gone by the time we draft and hopefully that means Bowers, a good Guard, or Latu falls into our lap - doesn't matter WTF happens in the top 5 for us) I'd want Maye 100%. I wouldn't want anything to do with Daniels.

He may have a slightly better season because backyard football and running the ball means something when the rest of your team sucks, but it wont be a long term solution by any stretch.

I know I'm posting on another team's boards so please feel free to disagree and offer opinions or why I'm wrong. By no means trying to come here and start drama. Just an opinion and as some of you may know I get very excited about the draft :)
A majority of Jayden's throws were from the pocket. Backyard football. Interesting

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A majority of Jayden's throws were from the pocket. Backyard football. Interesting

Right, and like Fields they take enough time to grill a steak to leave his hand. And when he's outside the pocket he looks to run.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and like Fields they take enough time to grill a steak to leave his hand. And when he's outside the pocket he looks to run.
I disagree. Jayden gets rid of the ball pretty quickly. He has a quick release as well.

Fields last year at Ohio St. he went for:
2,100yds
22tds
6int

Jayden's last year at LSU he went for:
40tds
4int

I'm not here to convince anyone. You have a right to your opinion. Jayden could get to the league and not be able to stay healthy because of his frame.

I'm just seeing these false narratives surrounding him.

He's Justin Fields
He's RG3
He plays backyard football.
Maye is a better passer, when every trackable statistic suggests otherwise.

In the end you could be right. Vick had a pretty good career. Steve Young had a pretty good career. Fran Tarkenton could play. Randall was a FG away from getting the Vikings to the Superbowl.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Jayden gets rid of the ball pretty quickly. He has a quick release as well.

Fields last year at Ohio St. he went for:
2,100yds
22tds
6int

Jayden's last year at LSU he went for:
40tds
4int

I'm not here to convince anyone. You have a right to your opinion. Jayden could get to the league and not be able to stay healthy because of his frame.

I'm just seeing these false narratives surrounding him.

He's Justin Fields
He's RG3
He plays backyard football.
Maye is a better passer, when every trackable statistic suggests otherwise.

In the end you could be right. Vick had a pretty good career. Steve Young had a pretty good career. Fran Tarkenton could play. Randall was a FG away from getting the Vikings to the Superbowl.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Yah we'll see.

I can take one narrative. Others can take another. For most of us we trying to look at various sites, scouting reports, and try to come up with something.

The one thing I'm glad you didn't say was, "I watched every game of xyz player!!!" I HATE when people use that as an argument for draft prospect. "I've watched ALL the games!" as if that means anything as some random Joe when it comes to any sort of scouting ability. If you watched every game and KNEW you'd be the highest paid scout (talking $10s of millions) year in and out lol. Funny how those people always disappear when they call it wrong.

We'll see on Daniels. On some pages I saw he is very slow to get rid of the ball when in the pocket... but to my point that's looking at a few sites (a FEW, not thousands - I'm not paid to do that) and trying to come up with a prediction.

The one thing I have read about and you mention... is the frame issues. Well... if you're a pocket passer (and a good one) or can pass on a SLIGHT out of pocket run, given the current league and all the rules favoring QBs... it really doesn't matter WTF your frame is. The people saying, "Frame is a concern" means that a) He gets sacked a lot or holds onto the ball too long which is a concern for NFL sacks, or b) he's looking to run it and that is true, a 6'4" 210 lb guy is NOT holding up in the NFL.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have reached that time on the board when some folks are all in for one guy or another. I have my opinion but at this point there is nothing we can do but wait to see what the new front office everyone was so thrilled about to make their pick.We

We are glad to have people that contribute even if you root for anther team.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah we'll see.

I can take one narrative. Others can take another. For most of us we trying to look at various sites, scouting reports, and try to come up with something.

The one thing I'm glad you didn't say was, "I watched every game of xyz player!!!" I HATE when people use that as an argument for draft prospect. "I've watched ALL the games!" as if that means anything as some random Joe when it comes to any sort of scouting ability. If you watched every game and KNEW you'd be the highest paid scout (talking $10s of millions) year in and out lol. Funny how those people always disappear when they call it wrong.

We'll see on Daniels. On some pages I saw he is very slow to get rid of the ball when in the pocket... but to my point that's looking at a few sites (a FEW, not thousands - I'm not paid to do that) and trying to come up with a prediction.

The one thing I have read about and you mention... is the frame issues. Well... if you're a pocket passer (and a good one) or can pass on a SLIGHT out of pocket run, given the current league and all the rules favoring QBs... it really doesn't matter WTF your frame is. The people saying, "Frame is a concern" means that a) He gets sacked a lot or holds onto the ball too long which is a concern for NFL sacks, or b) he's looking to run it and that is true, a 6'4" 210 lb guy is NOT holding up in the NFL.
Lol......exactly. I readily admit I have a so so hit rate when it comes to QBs. I've been spot on before and I've been way off. I have no idea what any of these quarterbacks are going to do. It's basically an educated guess. You should visit more often. Respectful debates are always fun.