• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I love the idea of finishing with 5 division games. Our division is not exactly strong and can help get us rolling headed to the playoffs. It will give Fitz time to get used to the offense, or Heinecke. It will give our young defense time to gel. It will give our WRs time to get on the same page as Fitz.

We also have Dak, coming back from a severe injury. How will his health be?
We have Daniel Jones. By then, he may be riding the pine With one foot out the door.
We have Jalen Hurts and Joe Falco. Just how bad was Hurts when he played us?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if we are last in the division in December because we have played fewer division games? Technically, we are first in the division if we win our first division game until December.
Terrible planning by the league. Playing the same team 2x in a 4 week span is ridiculous. Your are bound to split. Beside the WFT, Eagles and Cowboys, what other teams finish their schedule in similar fashion?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is the first time they played the same team in a four week span.

Maybe it is just me but I don't understand pulling a hamstring when the schedule is announced. Injuries play such a big part in any football season you don't know what you are getting until you get there.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible planning by the league. Playing the same team 2x in a 4 week span is ridiculous. Your are bound to split. Beside the WFT, Eagles and Cowboys, what other teams finish their schedule in similar fashion

Why are you bound to split? That makes no sense at all.

Who cares who finishes like this? It makes our games more meaningful later. Maybe the last couple of weeks, our opponents are out of contention and experimenting to find what they have.

It is a football game. They had to play them at some point. It is not on a short week after they have extended time off. This schedule is great.

We should be 5-3 at the bye. We should be 7-5 when the division starts for us. We will have played all the teams that should beat us, and we should be in the thick of the hunt, playing hard. We won’t have a false confidence, Fitz and the WRs should be accustomed to each other, and the defense should be instilling fear.

7-5, or even 6-6, then go on a five game win streak and have all the momentum.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ideal, but very interesting. If we can get to week 14 no more than two games out, we could potentially and most likely, control our own destiny.

The order in which we play our division doesn't really matter to me.

If Dallas doesn't run away with the division, December could make for a mini play-in tournament. Might be fun.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you bound to split? That makes no sense at all.

Who cares who finishes like this? It makes our games more meaningful later. Maybe the last couple of weeks, our opponents are out of contention and experimenting to find what they have.

It is a football game. They had to play them at some point. It is not on a short week after they have extended time off. This schedule is great.

We should be 5-3 at the bye. We should be 7-5 when the division starts for us. We will have played all the teams that should beat us, and we should be in the thick of the hunt, playing hard. We won’t have a false confidence, Fitz and the WRs should be accustomed to each other, and the defense should be instilling fear.

7-5, or even 6-6, then go on a five game win streak and have all the momentum.
Your assumption has everything going in favor of the WFT heading into that 5 game span. As a coach, I did not want to play the same team 2x within a 4 week span due to familiraity of inner division opponent but perhaps RR & Co will have something up their collective sleeves when that time comes. Because of this, I have us splitting those games with Dallas and Philly. As for the Gnats, we owe them a beat down in week 17 due to JJ running his gums about the WFT being handed the division title by Philly last season. Having the non divisional games will be fun to watch to see how we fair against some of the best teams in the league, which we play most if not all of them.

I haven't checked previous threads but do you sense an opening win at home vs the Chargers? I do not.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are going to see this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your assumption has everything going in favor of the WFT heading into that 5 game span. As a coach, I did not want to play the same team 2x within a 4 week span due to familiraity of inner division opponent but perhaps RR & Co will have something up their collective sleeves when that time comes. Because of this, I have us splitting those games with Dallas and Philly. As for the Gnats, we owe them a beat down in week 17 due to JJ running his gums about the WFT being handed the division title by Philly last season. Having the non divisional games will be fun to watch to see how we fair against some of the best teams in the league, which we play most if not all of them.

I haven't checked previous threads but do you sense an opening win at home vs the Chargers? I do not.

If things don’t go Washington’s way, then who cares what the schedule looks like? If the last five games hurt us, then we suck.

Why don’t you want to play the same team twice? The idea doesn’t make sense. So they are familiar with us. We will also be familiar with them. If we are the better team, we should win.

Of course I think we will beat the Chargers. Why wouldn’t I? The Chargers beat exactly one team last that picked outside of the top ten, not counting the Chiefs who were resting players. That team was the 8-8 Raiders. What did they do to bolster their line up exactly?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply googled it. I just looked up his official of 5’11”, 190. I am not impressed. I was hoping for more.
well he was a CFL guy drafted # 2 overall . if you were expecting a starting FS , then maybe your expectation is out of whack , but he has some features that could help us .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things don’t go Washington’s way, then who cares what the schedule looks like? If the last five games hurt us, then we suck.

Why don’t you want to play the same team twice? The idea doesn’t make sense. So they are familiar with us. We will also be familiar with them. If we are the better team, we should win.

Of course I think we will beat the Chargers. Why wouldn’t I? The Chargers beat exactly one team last that picked outside of the top ten, not counting the Chiefs who were resting players. That team was the 8-8 Raiders. What did they do to bolster their line up exactly?
They have a very good pass rush, a top 10 QB and many weapons on offense. I see game 1 as a tough challenge to win. Chargers are traveling however.

Status
Not open for further replies.