• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington @ Boise State (Chris Petersen's Nightmare)

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived in the Olympia/Tacoma area for years. Knew a lot of UW fans, though most of my fellow officers were Wazzu grads.

Besides, UW has the right colors for their team. :D (Lost count of the number of times folks thought my UNA cap was a UW cap)

Tough loss, but heck of a comeback attempt!

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the Huskies can get a consistent passing game they're gonna be stout. That's an A+ defense.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That WR screen to Mickens. Washington was finally on the roll moving the ball. Lenius had his guy blocked perfectly, all Mickens had to do was turn up field and run. And for some inexplicable reason he tries going to the outside. What. The. Fuck. I wouldn't expect something that boneheaded from a true freshman let alone someone who has been around as long as Mickens has. The penalty and then the sack and that was that. Just stupid.

Two obvious takeaways from this game. The defense is still pretty good and will keep Washington in a lot of games. The offense stinks and will not score enough to win very many games. Not much else to be said.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the Huskies can get a consistent passing game they're gonna be stout. That's an A+ defense.

Was thinking the same thing.

Honestly I think despite whatever his stat line turned out to be, Jake Browning showed some great flashes.

I think the two biggest problems the offense are facing are Jonathan Smith's play-calling and just getting used to playing with each other. There were times it didn't look like Browning was on the same page with his receivers.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see. Didn't know you were new to college football. My bad.

:suds:

Maybe it's the first time he's watched since around the new millennium?

Turned into a hell of a game. Excited for the future with Browning, and without Smith.

Congrats Boise guys. @BoiseMike19, I'll take my new avi when you're ready. :suds:

Good game sir

wasn't the easiest on the eyes for both of us that's for sure

hopefully our offenses only struggled because our teams know each other so well

time will tell

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sad as this is, Browning is already an improvement over Miles. At least he can complete screen passes. If I had to watch one more throw at the feet of a receiver behind the line I was about to go sit on top of my local McDonalds in my underwear with a shotgun shooting at random cars going through the drive thru yelling "Here's your fucking happy meal!".

So there's that.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the first time he's watched since around the new millennium?

Good game sir

wasn't the easiest on the eyes for both of us that's for sure

hopefully our offenses only struggled because our teams know each other so well

time will tell
I can't speak for you guys, but sadly for us, I think that's about what we can expect out of our offense for a while. Good luck the rest of the way.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sad as this is, Browning is already an improvement over Miles. At least he can complete screen passes. If I had to watch one more throw at the feet of a receiver behind the line I was about to go sit on top of my local McDonalds in my underwear with a shotgun shooting at random cars going through the drive thru yelling "Here's your fucking happy meal!".

So there's that.
Yep.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for you guys, but sadly for us, I think that's about what we can expect out of our offense for a while. Good luck the rest of the way.
I fully expect major steps with the offense over the next 5-6 weeks. Don't settle for the status quo. They are young, but if this staff is worth having they will lead these kids to better production. If not, then GTFO.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That true frosh QB showed some good stuff tonight. Future is bright.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Washington covered. For the love of God there better be some good games tomorrow, I'm getting annoyed of this subpar play and boring games.

ASU TAMU should be good. LVill Auburn is a sleeper.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect major steps with the offense over the next 5-6 weeks. Don't settle for the status quo. They are young, but if this staff is worth having they will lead these kids to better production. If not, then GTFO.
Yeah, they'll improve. It was just a swift kick in the nuts to be reminded of what we endured last year. True freshman QB can't be an excuse. Smith needs to pull his head out of his ass, or Petersen needs to do it for him...