• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Vs. Utah: next 6 games

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors

Vs. Detroit

Vs. Chicago

At Houston

At New Orleans

At San Antonio

Vs. Washington

Jazz

At Oklahoma

Vs. Memphis

At Houston

At San Antonio

At Dallas

Vs. Philly

Hopefully can gain a few games on the Jazz over this stretch.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start. I like the Dubs' chances against the Rose-less Bulls more than Utah's chances against just about anybody, at the moment (especially Memphis, Houston or San Antonio). Plus, with Dallas surging, the only game the Jazz should win is at home against Philly. Even if the Warriors finish a disappointing 3-3 on this stretch (though 4-2 seems more likely), they will gain at least one game on the potential nine seed.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start. I like the Dubs' chances against the Rose-less Bulls more than Utah's chances against just about anybody, at the moment (especially Memphis, Houston or San Antonio). Plus, with Dallas surging, the only game the Jazz should win is at home against Philly. Even if the Warriors finish a disappointing 3-3 on this stretch (though 4-2 seems more likely), they will gain at least one game on the potential nine seed.

:agree:

I'm sure Dallas is licking their chops right now. Utah has one of the more challenging schedules down the stretch, and Kobe is out indefinitely. They have a good chance to grab that 8th spot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Bout time the Warriors played some fucking defense. Good win over Houston.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is hard to figure out. Looks good against Detroit, then gets blown out by the Bulls at home after the Bulls got decimated by the Kings, and then we blow out the Rockets on the road after the Rockets had dominated us all season. With Bogut looking good and helping control the glass, we should be more consistent. The rebounding has really improved with Bogut. Our hopes with the Monta trade may be finally coming to fruition.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is hard to figure out. Looks good against Detroit, then gets blown out by the Bulls at home after the Bulls got decimated by the Kings, and then we blow out the Rockets on the road after the Rockets had dominated us all season. With Bogut looking good and helping control the glass, we should be more consistent. The rebounding has really improved with Bogut. Our hopes with the Monta trade may be finally coming to fruition.

Nice to see Bogut moving so well, on defense and at times on offense.

I'm done trying to figure this team out! They've been looking like a team ready to collapse, only to play one of their best games against a team that has owned them. Klay's shooting in the 3rd was huge. The Warrior huge lead had dwindled to five, and he hit a couple of shots to stop the bleeding. And the defense was largely stellar. All the lousy rotations and stupid turnovers were largely absent from this game.

I fear Bogut and Curry will have nothing left tonight after playing so many minutes yesterday. But tonight's game is a big one; can't really expect a win in their next game after the Spurs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: gotta be root for Utah in their next game at Houston right?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: gotta be root for Utah in their next game at Houston right?

I don't know. As important as retaining the six-seed is to any chances of the Warriors making it out of the first round, further burying the Jazz almost guarantees a spot in those playoffs. Of course, if Memphis ends up with the three-seed or the Warriors don't make the playoffs at all, the reasons for rooting for Houston go out the window. Either way, it's good that both of them have a difficult road down the stretch.

Maybe the Dubs can steal one tonight, and the Jazz-Rockets game won't matter too much either way. The Spurs have been surprisingly good with Parker out, but hopefully, some stellar guard play from Golden State will change that. In spurts, Bogut and Lee have looked great, too. It's fun to watch two big men that pass well (when focused, of course), which may be best way to neutralize Duncan and Splitter.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-2 with the Jazz at 1-4 during the same stretch. Does Philly fold or give a good showing on the road? Either way, this stretch went as anticipated.

Hopefully, when the Dubs and Jazz meet head-to-head, it will be for Golden State's chance to clinch. Now, we just need to root against the Nuggets, so they get the better draw against the Clips.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-2 with the Jazz at 1-4 during the same stretch. Does Philly fold or give a good showing on the road? Either way, this stretch went as anticipated.

Hopefully, when the Dubs and Jazz meet head-to-head, it will be for Golden State's chance to clinch. Now, we just need to root against the Nuggets, so they get the better draw against the Clips.

And Dallas now tied with the Jazz.

I fear that the Warriors don't have much of a chance no matter who they might face in the 1st round. I just hope they get there, play well, then make the right moves this offseason and beyond to build on the success.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dallas now tied with the Jazz.

I fear that the Warriors don't have much of a chance no matter who they might face in the 1st round. I just hope they get there, play well, then make the right moves this offseason and beyond to build on the success.

Absolutely, but I think everyone can agree that the Dubs match up better against the Clippers than the Grizzlies, Nuggets or Thunder. Either way, though, yeah, they don't have a half-way decent shot at winning the West, so what does it really matter? Still, gotta root for the best scenario, and cross the fingers for some magic.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, but I think everyone can agree that the Dubs match up better against the Clippers than the Grizzlies, Nuggets or Thunder. Either way, though, yeah, they don't have a half-way decent shot at winning the West, so what does it really matter? Still, gotta root for the best scenario, and cross the fingers for some magic.

:suds: I agree with you. Plus, I'd love for the rivalry with the Clips to develop even more. No matter what happens, our strengths and especially weaknesses are bound to be exposed if the Ws are fortunate enough to get in. I almost look forward to the offseason more than a possible playoff series. The offseason provides opportunities for optimism; the series will likely make us painfully aware of our deficiencies.

But hell, it's been a great season thus far, exceeding my expectations. I hope they finish strong.