• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Prospect Watch 2012

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This. Similar problem, younger team. Whether we like it or not, David Lee and Stephen Curry need great defenders around them (Hopefully, Bogut will remain healthy enough to be one of those). Klay's length will help defensively at the 2, but not the 3 (where they are all as tall/taller than him, and sometimes quicker). If someone wants Waiters, Lillard, Lamb or Perry Jones badly enough, they will call the Warriors.

Yes. No matter what the Kings will get better. A blind squirrel finds a nut every so often (I really hope they pick P-Jones). Enough Top 10 picks in a row, and they're bound to get good, no matter the revolving door at the coach's position and threats to move to Anaheim.

We totally agree.

Sincerely,

The 2002 Golden State Warriors
The 2003 Golden State Warriors
The 2004 Golden State Warriors
The 2005 Golden State Warriors
The 2006 Golden State Warriors
The 2007 Golden State Warriors
The 2008 Golden State Warriors

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We totally agree.

Sincerely,

The 2002 Golden State Warriors
The 2003 Golden State Warriors
The 2004 Golden State Warriors
The 2005 Golden State Warriors
The 2006 Golden State Warriors
The 2007 Golden State Warriors
The 2008 Golden State Warriors

What is the saying? We hate most in others what we see in ourselves?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball Prospectus threw this trade idea out there, involving the T-Wolves and Bobcats:

Minnesota Timberwolves trade F Derrick Williams and the No. 18 pick to the Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 2 pick.

Just for the sake of conversation, would any of you support a trade of our two first round picks plus Wright for Williams?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball Prospectus threw this trade idea out there, involving the T-Wolves and Bobcats:

Minnesota Timberwolves trade F Derrick Williams and the No. 18 pick to the Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 2 pick.

Just for the sake of conversation, would any of you support a trade of our two first round picks plus Wright for Williams?

I wouldn't want that to happen. We need a sf, Williams isn't. People try to place him as one, but just as the saying goes, "just because you pour syrup on shit don't make it pancakes".

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

God no.

I don't know that Williams is worth the #7 pick alone, much less with 2 other assets. Williams really seems to be the definition of tweener in this league.

Also, this trade couldn't be done, because it would leave the Warriors without a #1 pick this year, and at risk of losing it to Utah next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 Draft Prospects | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Here's the full list of prospects that the Warriors have worked out in the recent weeks. Warriors also have said they aren't opposed to selecting someone that hasn't worked out for them, but you have to believe they'll be more likely to select someone they have a strong feeling towards.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob and Joe caught a red eye to watch Drummond and Barnes in private workouts:
Drummond, Barnes work out for Warriors' brass

Yeah, I seen that too.

The talk around the campfire is that the draft is expected to go

1 Davis
2 Robinson
3 Beal
4 Barnes
5 MKG
6 Lillard
7 Should be Drummond, though Ross and Zeller are West's guys.

Andre Drummond 2012 NBA Draft Video - YouTube

His weaknesses don't concern me because he will come off the bench as a defensive force from day 1. We almost paid Chandler $11 million a season for what Drummond can bring as an 18 year old.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I seen that too.

The talk around the campfire is that the draft is expected to go

1 Davis
2 Robinson
3 Beal
4 Barnes
5 MKG
6 Lillard
7 Should be Drummond, though Ross and Zeller are West's guys.

Andre Drummond 2012 NBA Draft Video - YouTube

His weaknesses don't concern me because he will come off the bench as a defensive force from day 1. We almost paid Chandler $11 million a season for what Drummond can bring as an 18 year old.

That's a good point about Chandler. I think Drummond steps on the floor and you've already got Erick Dampier level talent. In other words I think his floor is at least Dampier when he was at the top of his game, and his ceiling is...