• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors get satisfied to often once they start playing well

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top ten in % of time defense forces a guarded jumpshot

1. GSW
2. MIA
3. ORL
4. SAS
5. OKC
6. PDX
7. ATL
8. SAC
9. LAC
10. CHA

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Curry and Boguts ankles had more to do with us losing to the Spurs than anything else.

The game one loss to the Spurs was a huge mistake, but it also took a miracle shot from Ginobili to get it done.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Miami, Indy , OKC ,clippers and Houston have bad losses.. You act like we are the only team that does it

Don't be daft...all teams have bad losses. The elite teams have very few. The Ws have a LOT.

How many bad losses do MIA, IND, OKC, LAC have?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "bullshit" around here is characterizing last night's hard fought road win as a "shitstorm." Tzill provides us with a one-sided view of the end of the game that might be excusable if he was from Rip City. His commitment to pissing all over this victory leads this dime-store psychologist to believe that there must be a bit of self-loathing at play.

I didn't say the game was a shitshow, I said the final minute was.

That final minute was hardly "hard fought." It's almost like the Ws TRIED to lose. They really couldn't have screwed up more.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "bullshit" around here is characterizing last night's hard fought road win as a "shitstorm." Tzill provides us with a one-sided view of the end of the game that might be excusable if he was from Rip City. His commitment to pissing all over this victory leads this dime-store psychologist to believe that there must be a bit of self-loathing at play.

And another thought: I judge a game as to how pleasant it was to watch. Not how close it is, or how "exciting" the game was. I tune in to see highly talented athletes execute play with effort and skill. The Ws can lose a well played game and I'm good with that -- sometimes LBJ hits a game winner. The Ws can win a game against a Portland team missing LA where they did just about everything possible to lose in the final minute and I'm left upset and/or angry. That dissipates pretty quickly as I don't have much of my ego tied up in the teams I follow. However, when I read something that goes 180 from what I watched I have to point out where I think it's wrong.

"any road win is a good win" just doesn't resonate with me. I look at how they play.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thought: I judge a game as to how pleasant it was to watch. Not how close it is, or how "exciting" the game was. I tune in to see highly talented athletes execute play with effort and skill. The Ws can lose a well played game and I'm good with that -- sometimes LBJ hits a game winner. The Ws can win a game against a Portland team missing LA where they did just about everything possible to lose in the final minute and I'm left upset and/or angry. That dissipates pretty quickly as I don't have much of my ego tied up in the teams I follow. However, when I read something that goes 180 from what I watched I have to point out where I think it's wrong.

"any road win is a good win" just doesn't resonate with me. I look at how they play.

Wait, isn't this one of the bad losses you are so up in arms about?

:wtf2:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We were trying to get it going, and up until that point, David hadn’t played his best basketball defensively,” Jackson said after the Warriors beat the Trail Blazers 113-112 on Sunday. “They put small guys on the floor. Dorell Wright hit a couple of shots.

I hope Jackson limits lee's minutes In the 4th, like the bulls do with Boozer

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Curry and Boguts ankles had more to do with us losing to the Spurs than anything else.

The game one loss to the Spurs was a huge mistake, but it also took a miracle shot from Ginobili to get it done.

:tj:

This thread has gone way off topic, but I would say D.Lee not being 100% has more to do with the Dubs losing that series than anything else. But that's in the past folks. Lets enjoy this season for what it is, it could be worse, we could be in MIL or UTA.

Folks act like we are garbage, but the truth is the Dubs will make the playoffs for the 2nd out of 3 years that Jackson is here as Coach, name the last Coach besides Nellie, that's gotten us there. I'll wait patiently.

FYI, its good to be back in the US of A, South East was a nice place to visit, but there's no place like home

:clap2::usa2::postwhore:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, isn't this one of the bad losses you are so up in arms about?

:wtf2:

I don't think so...that was a game where the defense was crappy, but I didn't have it down as a bad loss. Here are the bad losses this year:

MEM
@LAL
POR
@CHA
HOU
SAN
@BKN
DEN
MIN
WAS
CHA
CLE

I don't count the home loss to MIA as "bad," although I would note that the defense (which some would call elite) played like crap. 54% shooting, 46% from deep -- the Heat simply did what they wanted on offense and we didn't stop anything.

Thats 12 bad losses; I dare anyone to find more than six for MIA, IND, OKC, SAN, LAC.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next two games are at home against two of the league's worst teams so we will see if the Warriors are complacent or come out and take care of business.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so...that was a game where the defense was crappy, but I didn't have it down as a bad loss. Here are the bad losses this year:

MEM
@LAL
POR
@CHA
HOU
SAN
@BKN
DEN
MIN
WAS
CHA
CLE

I don't count the home loss to MIA as "bad," although I would note that the defense (which some would call elite) played like crap. 54% shooting, 46% from deep -- the Heat simply did what they wanted on offense and we didn't stop anything.

Thats 12 bad losses; I dare anyone to find more than six for MIA, IND, OKC, SAN, LAC.

Bad losses for each team

Miami= 12
Indiana=7
Spurs=3
Thunder=9
Clippers=8

Everyone except for the spurs has 6+ bad losses. Point is every team is going to have bad losses all the time you can't beat all the bad teams all the time

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tj:

This thread has gone way off topic, but I would say D.Lee not being 100% has more to do with the Dubs losing that series than anything else. But that's in the past folks. Lets enjoy this season for what it is, it could be worse, we could be in MIL or UTA.

Folks act like we are garbage, but the truth is the Dubs will make the playoffs for the 2nd out of 3 years that Jackson is here as Coach, name the last Coach besides Nellie, that's gotten us there. I'll wait patiently.

FYI, its good to be back in the US of A, South East was a nice place to visit, but there's no place like home

:clap2::usa2::postwhore:

I agree man. I'm enjoying this season so far. The dubs will suprise a lot of people in the playoffs barring injury of course