• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors: calling the haters and lovers

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is nearing the end, it would be more akin to taking the baton from Lebron to lead the Lakers moving forward along with AD. There would only be short portion of that contract actually sharing the court with Lebron.

But you don't go to a team in order to be somebody's "tail" and then wait to "take over" after he goes if you are Giannis... You do it if you are AD, but not if you are Giannis...

Besides... Giannis already leads a dominating team in the league, the situation already is "him against Lebron and AD", say that Giannis doesn't win it all this season and Lebron and AD do... How does it look if Giannis stops fighting against them and instead joins them?
It will then look like "chickening out", won't it? It will look like "he joined the winners because he can't win otherwise"...

OTOH, say that Giannis wins it all this season and Lebron with AD fail... Why would Giannis leave his team where he is the undeniable leader and all success is addressed on him and go with the losers in order to avoid any competition?

It's for all the above reasons that Giannis will never leave the Bucks nor the Bucks will ever "buy" another superstar to join him in Mil (Giannis would object to that)...
All Giannis needs, is for the Bucks to keep improving the team, so that he can lead a better team for the many years of career he has still coming...
It's by far more probable MIL adding another "tail" next to Middleton on Giannis, than Giannis ever leaving the Bucks and risk his career...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you don't go to a team in order to be somebody's "tail" and then wait to "take over" after he goes if you are Giannis... You do it if you are AD, but not if you are Giannis...

Besides... Giannis already leads a dominating team in the league, the situation already is "him against Lebron and AD", say that Giannis doesn't win it all this season and Lebron and AD do... How does it look if Giannis stops fighting against them and instead joins them?
It will then look like "chickening out", won't it? It will look like "he joined the winners because he can't win otherwise"...

OTOH, say that Giannis wins it all this season and Lebron with AD fail... Why would Giannis leave his team where he is the undeniable leader and all success is addressed on him and go with the losers in order to avoid any competition?

It's for all the above reasons that Giannis will never leave the Bucks nor the Bucks will ever "buy" another superstar to join him in Mil (Giannis would object to that)...
All Giannis needs, is for the Bucks to keep improving the team, so that he can lead a better team for the many years of career he has still coming...
It's by far more probable MIL adding another "tail" next to Middleton on Giannis, than Giannis ever leaving the Bucks and risk his career...
Nobody thinks that Giannis is leaving if the Bucks win the title.

The only scenario that he leaves is if they fall short in the next two playoffs.

With the type of season that the Bucks are having there really isn't much room for improvement unless you think they will be the first team to win 80 games.

Since LeBron is close to retirement it would not be out of the question for him to go to the Lakers to lead the team since it is one of the most prestigious in the league. And it is not out of the question that he would pair with AD, another superstar, if the Bucks fall short the next two seasons as that would show that he can't win it without another top running mate.

Clearly, I'm not saying it will happen or is even likely, just pointing out a scenario where it could be a possibility.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look...
this is the last time I'm telling you

-don't you ever quote me again
-don't you ever refer to me again
-don't you ever use me on a link of my name
-don't you you ever post anything in one of the threads I make

If you do, it;s only "words" you'll hear from me and then, not AS POLITE AS THEY HAVE BEEN UP TO NOW...

Go see a psychiatrist, it's the only thing that may help you survive in this world!
I get that you find it easy to talk shit like this to grown ass men from the safety of your keyboard, but your wannabe tough guy act is played out. Start showing respect to people or this will continue. Multiple people here have attempted at having a conversation with you and you are always the first to name call and become a belligerent child. You think anyone that has a differing opinion of you is just trolling. Newsflash princess, when you are wrong as often as you are, no one is going to worship your fucking ego just to appease you. So with the being said, mute me, ignore me, talk shit, whatever the fuck it is your going to do but in that same process feel free to fuck yourself.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody thinks that Giannis is leaving if the Bucks win the title.

The only scenario that he leaves is if they fall short in the next two playoffs.

With the type of season that the Bucks are having there really isn't much room for improvement unless you think they will be the first team to win 80 games.

Since LeBron is close to retirement it would not be out of the question for him to go to the Lakers to lead the team since it is one of the most prestigious in the league. And it is not out of the question that he would pair with AD, another superstar, if the Bucks fall short the next two seasons as that would show that he can't win it without another top running mate.

Clearly, I'm not saying it will happen or is even likely, just pointing out a scenario where it could be a possibility.

You assume wrong,

There is lots of room for the Bucks to improve further and most important, continuously for each and every season that follows and significantly too...

Take for instance next season... The Bucks have only 3 contracts expiring, out of which only one is among the 9 players "hard core" roster (recently added Marvin Williams), the other two are their 10th player (Connaughton) and their 12th player (Korver)...

After this, there is a qualification offer on their 11th player (Brown) and a non-guaranteed contract of 7M on their 13th player (Ilyasova)

Therefore if the Bucks resign Williams on a vet. min. as expected and draft a rookie with the (projected to be No18) pick, they will end up with at least (depending on the rookie) the same core and depth of 11 players (the 9 "hard core" + the rookie + Thanasis) as they now are and then, they'll have 5.5M of cash and additionally 13.5M value now on the books of deep roster players they can use on trades... It means they can land 19M (13.5 + 5.5) of players in their roster for next season and that is only the worst case scenario...

Because if the Bucks decide to add a major piece in their starting roster, it then means that they can additionally move the player he replaces and given that Middleton is a wing and Giannis a forward/big, the addition would most probably be a guard which will then mean that there will be no reason to keep Bledsoe anymore... but Bledsoe + 19M ends up to be ...36M without ever going into the lux tax... see?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume wrong,

There is lots of room for the Bucks to improve further and most important, continuously for each and every season that follows and significantly too...

Take for instance next season... The Bucks have only 3 contracts expiring, out of which only one is among the 9 players "hard core" roster (recently added Marvin Williams), the other two are their 10th player (Connaughton) and their 12th player (Korver)...

After this, there is a qualification offer on their 11th player (Brown) and a non-guaranteed contract of 7M on their 13th player (Ilyasova)

Therefore if the Bucks resign Williams on a vet. min. as expected and draft a rookie with the (projected to be No18) pick, they will end up with at least (depending on the rookie) the same core and depth of 11 players (the 9 "hard core" + the rookie + Thanasis) as they now are and then, they'll have 5.5M of cash and additionally 13.5M value now on the books of deep roster players they can use on trades... It means they can land 19M (13.5 + 5.5) of players in their roster for next season and that is only the worst case scenario...

Because if the Bucks decide to add a major piece in their starting roster, it then means that they can additionally move the player he replaces and given that Middleton is a wing and Giannis a forward/big, the addition would most probably be a guard which will then mean that there will be no reason to keep Bledsoe anymore... but Bledsoe + 19M ends up to be ...36M without ever going into the lux tax... see?
Did I say they couldn't improve at all? No. I said there was not much room for improvement and your shuffling of players to get anything of substance show that. I'm not really interested in if they improve their #9 to the end of the bench and these guys just warm the pine during the playoffs. And really, when you are on track for over 70 wins how much do you really think you can improve?

Then there is the whole thing that this was only a very minor part of the whole post. If they don't win it all this season do you not think it will leave a sour taste in Giannis' mouth?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm ignored by this pussy so my rant went unheard. Can we just ban him already? He was entertaining at first now he does nothing but ruin true discussion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm ignored by this pussy so my rant went unheard. Can we just ban him already? He was entertaining at first now he does nothing but ruin true discussion.

He won't last long. At this rate long before the playoffs even start

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say they couldn't improve at all? No. I said there was not much room for improvement and your shuffling of players to get anything of substance show that. I'm not really interested in if they improve their #9 to the end of the bench and these guys just warm the pine during the playoffs. And really, when you are on track for over 70 wins how much do you really think you can improve?

Then there is the whole thing that this was only a very minor part of the whole post. If they don't win it all this season do you not think it will leave a sour taste in Giannis' mouth?

There is lots of room for improvement, even to this 70 wins capable team and moving your deep roster players for other players who would rank higher in the roster, is not "shuffling the roster" it's significantly improving it... Especially if you have the correct financials and you can add much more value than your competitors in your roster...

Not winning it all this season, would surely leave a "sour taste" in Giannis mouth, but this is different to Giannis deciding to leave... Giannis has much of the responsibility on the roster that is in MIL...
No player can be added or subtracted in the Bucks roster unless if Giannis approves on the move, therefore if things don't work, Giannis will have a meeting with the GM and the coach, they will discuss what didn't work and what did and they will decide on what it needs to be done so that the Bucks will improve further...

In any case, Giannis can't address a failure to the Bucks and therefore leave because of it, he is asked, moves are made only if he approves and therefore is co-responsible on the results...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is lots of room for improvement, even to this 70 wins capable team and moving your deep roster players for other players who would rank higher in the roster, is not "shuffling the roster" it's significantly improving it... Especially if you have the correct financials and you can add much more value than your competitors in your roster...

Not winning it all this season, would surely leave a "sour taste" in Giannis mouth, but this is different to Giannis deciding to leave... Giannis has much of the responsibility on the roster that is in MIL...
No player can be added or subtracted in the Bucks roster unless if Giannis approves on the move, therefore if things don't work, Giannis will have a meeting with the GM and the coach, they will discuss what didn't work and what did and they will decide on what it needs to be done so that the Bucks will improve further...

In any case, Giannis can't address a failure to the Bucks and therefore leave because of it, he is asked, moves are made only if he approves and therefore is co-responsible on the results...
So if he is co-responsible for the next two years he still stays? Who says he couldn't be co-responsible in LA (you think that LeBron is not consulted in player transactions) and be paired with Davis to help the Lakers finally pass the Celtics for the most rings for one of the most prestigious NBA franchises? Hmmm...sounds pretty good.

odds, still favor the Bucks this year, so it is likely all a moot point anyhow.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he is co-responsible for the next two years he still stays? Who says he couldn't be co-responsible in LA (you think that LeBron is not consulted in player transactions) and be paired with Davis to help the Lakers finally pass the Celtics for the most rings for one of the most prestigious NBA franchises? Hmmm...sounds pretty good.

Curry's already deferred to KD in the past. It'd be the easier play to get with a roster you know will accept you and has a history of doing so. Lebron has a history of teammates being a bit upset with him.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's already deferred to KD in the past. It'd be the easier play to get with a roster you know will accept you and has a history of doing so. Lebron has a history of teammates being a bit upset with him.
By the time they would be able to get Giannis LeBron would be heading out the door. Heck, if they get Giannis they could send him back to Gilbert.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody says he wouldn't be co-responsible in LA or elsewhere, what you should rather conclude out of what has been explain to you, is that for Giannis to consider another team, he has to approve the roster they already have and that is impossible to happen since MIL is known to have the best locker room relationships in the league and the entire roster in MIL is under Giannis' approval, he is responsible for the locker room leadership and all the players there are Giannis' friends.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody says he wouldn't be co-responsible in LA or elsewhere, what you should rather conclude out of what has been explain to you, is that for Giannis to consider another team, he has to approve the roster they already have and that is impossible to happen since MIL is known to have the best locker room relationships in the league and the entire roster in MIL is under Giannis' approval, he is responsible for the locker room leadership and all the players there are Giannis' friends.

I actually hope Giannis stays in Milwaukee. It'll be good for the league. But there is a lot that can change in a short time in the NBA. If lets say the worst case scenario happens and the Bucks fail to win a championship, or even worse get an early exit before making the finals, do you think the Bucks would blow up the roster? If so, they don't have a lot of manuverability financially to accommodate upgrading the roster AND giving Giannis the super max.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors assigned Steph to the D-League for a warm up. He's expected to be back on Thursday. But still I saw this today and see why he's an anomaly when it comes to being a superstar.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope Giannis stays in Milwaukee. It'll be good for the league. But there is a lot that can change in a short time in the NBA. If lets say the worst case scenario happens and the Bucks fail to win a championship, or even worse get an early exit before making the finals, do you think the Bucks would blow up the roster? If so, they don't have a lot of manuverability financially to accommodate upgrading the roster AND giving Giannis the super max.

LOL... The Bucks "blowing up" the roster if they don't win a championship?

What? ...with all that cash available and all those deep roster contracts they can move and continuously upgrade it, they would "blow it" instead?

Are they crazy? ...what would you do in their place?

Win a championship or not, the Bucks policy with respect to the roster won't change for as long as Giannis' career last... The roster will continue to improve for each and every season, so that the Bucks will be significantly better every next season. Hence the Bucks logo: "Built to last"...

We aren't exactly the circus LAL is... going into the dark and kicking stones to find a path in order to move ahead...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? ...with all that cash available and all those deep roster contracts they can move and continuously upgrade it, they would "blow it" instead?

Win a championship or not, the Bucks policy with respect to the roster won't change for as long as Giannis' career last... The roster will continue to improve for each and every season, so that the Bucks will be significantly better every next season. Hence the Bucks logo: "Built to last"...

We aren't exactly the circus LAL is... going into the dark and kicking stones to find a path in order to move ahead...

Bledsoe is on the wrong side of thirty as is Lopez who are both signed for multiple years. Khris Middleton is on a max contract, but I think he holds value. I like his game a lot. Other than that you don't/won't have financial flexibility once Giannis signs his super-max if that happened. George Hill is signed for nearly 10M a year.

The guys at the end of your bench aren't valuable trade chips. They're just not, at the very least not an asset to attach to a guy like Bledsoe and expect an upgrade.

DiVincenzo is nice, but other than him, the rest of your roster is significantly older. Milwaukee has the 3rd oldest average age roster in the NBA. Guys in their 30's generally do not improve their play.

So yes, I pose the question again, if the Bucks do not win a championship, how can they reasonably expect to get better?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe is on the wrong side of thirty as is Lopez who are both signed for multiple years. Khris Middleton is on a max contract, but I think he holds value. I like his game a lot. Other than that you don't/won't have financial flexibility once Giannis signs his super-max if that happened. George Hill is signed for nearly 10M a year.

The guys at the end of your bench aren't valuable trade chips. They're just not, at the very least not an asset to attach to a guy like Bledsoe and expect an upgrade.

DiVincenzo is nice, but other than him, the rest of your roster is significantly older. Milwaukee has the 3rd oldest average age roster in the NBA. Guys in their 30's generally do not improve their play.

So yes, I pose the question again, if the Bucks do not win a championship, how can they reasonably expect to get better?

Because any current player that the Bucks want to replace will gladly retire from the NBA so that the Bucks can then sign a better player to a team friendly contract. DUH!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good thing you have Steph Curry and Paul George joining the Bucks soon.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate banning people. Why not just block him yourself? Nice rant by the way, totally agree.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors assigned Steph to the D-League for a warm up. He's expected to be back on Thursday. But still I saw this today and see why he's an anomaly when it comes to being a superstar.

It's been said many times, Curry is easily the least ego driven superstar in many years