• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warren Sapp

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't take much of what he says seriously, but this was still funny to me. On Inside the NFL, Sapp had this to say of the Steelers:

“I have three things: Old, slow, and it’s over.”

Sapp elaborated.

“James Harrison told us that he was 70-to-75 percent,” Sapp said. “It looked more like 40 percent to me if you are looking at the ballgame I was looking at. And Hines Ward, Mercedes Sapp can cover Hines Ward right now. You have to be kidding me. . . . Mercedes is my 13-year-old daughter. She will cover Hines Ward in a heartbeat. And Troy Polamalu, Ed Dickson runs this crossing route. Troy Polamalu is trying to grab him to have a pass interference and he can’t even get close enough to grab him. [It] looked like he was dragging a wagon behind him. Touchdown Baltimore. Pittsburgh Steelers done.”

Sapp on Steelers: “Old, slow, and it’s over” | ProFootballTalk

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the oldest D in the league and all I've heard is that game against Baltimore was an anomaly, and not a sign of things to come.
And I don't think I've heard one person bring up the Super Bowl loss hangover that so many teams seem to suffer from in the past. So why do they think the Steelers are immune from this?
Hell, even after the past 2 Steelers SB victories they've come back with sub-par seasons, missing the playoffs in each.
I think Warren Sapp could be spot on with those comments.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he's partially right anyway. Hines Ward is getting older, and never was a speedster to start with. James Harrison is into his 30s. Troy has had a lot of injuries. We'll see. I think they'll be ok too, but it's fun to see at least one analyst who isn't kissing Steeler ass.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sapp is a little biased towards the Ravens too since he and Ray played at Miami together. But still, he makes some solid points.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers have an off year, it will just be that, an off year.

The Steelers chose the best QB in the draft, letting the hapless bengals and jaguars pick up up on Palmer and Leftwhich and talking Rothlesburger, who was pretty dang good at Miami. They know how to build a winning franchise, so even if they are falling apart this year, it won't last long. Their organization is not a plagued with a chronic culture of losing.

However, they are probably ready for a "behind the glory" feature talking about some members steroid uses and junk like that.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Steelers have an off year, it will just be that, an off year.

The Steelers chose the best QB in the draft, letting the hapless bengals and jaguars pick up up on Palmer and Leftwhich and talking Rothlesburger, who was pretty dang good at Miami. They know how to build a winning franchise, so even if they are falling apart this year, it won't last long. Their organization is not a plagued with a chronic culture of losing.

However, they are probably ready for a "behind the glory" feature talking about some members steroid uses and junk like that.

Oh, I completely agree. They have good young players to replace the ones who are getting old. They should probably play Wallace, Brown, and Sanders in front of Ward. Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward are waiting to play on the D-line, and they have a ton of good linebackers. Troy would be the hardest one to replace if he lost a few steps.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben was chosen the year after Palmer.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben was chosen the year after Palmer.

Yeah, Eli Manning and Phillips Rivers was selected 1 and 4, and then Roethlisberger that year was selected either 11th or 13th, I can't remember which.

Palmer, Leftwich, Boller, Grossman were selected in 2003. (I think that was all the 1st round QB's, I could be wrong on Grossman though - he might have been the following year).

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Sapp is a clown..... Has about as much credibility as Michael Irvin. Both of them just sit there and spit into the camera while pining to get back to Ray Ray's cock.

I hope the Steelers lose every game they play. I hate them. But, I'm not ready to throw a parade just because Sapp opened his trap.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard him say that last night and thought it was a good take on the Ravens game at least. Total bullshit though. The steelers will be fine. They'll be one of the best teams in the AFC this year. We all know this...Pundits go off the rails when any perenially good team hits a rough spot (ie Yankees, RedSox, Lakers etc).

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure the Steelers will be the Steelers of old this year. The only reason I think they might make the playoffs is that the Colts have fallen off. I see the AFC like this. 1. NE 2. BAL 3. HOU 4. SD 5. NYJ 6. PIT/OAK

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pittsburgh is far better than Oakland IMO. I think there's a clear top 6 in the AFC, and then a dropoff to 7th and beyond.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Oakland is in a far easier division, and I just don't think Pitts D will be up to par this year. Plus the SB hangover, and they aren't going to bench Ward. We will see how Ben looks, he isn't a top 5 QB and makes a lot of mistakes, that O-Line is real questionable. I don't think they are a clear top 6 team. I might even put Jax in a battle for that 6th spot in that division. Maybe even Buffalo who I think destroys us.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even with the loss to Balt I'd say Pitt is an elite team. For AFC right now I'd say:
1. NE
2. Pitt
3. SD
4. Bal
5. NYJ
6. Houston

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, the AFC playoffs will be (as seeded):
1. NE
2. Bal
3. Hou
4. SD
5. Pit
6. NYJ

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the AFC playoffs will be (as seeded):
1. NE
2. Bal
3. Hou
4. SD
5. Pit
6. NYJ

So what is with your quote at the bottom? Is there a particular quote from someone you think is false...or you just trying to be a funny wise guy? haha

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember, teams are seldom as good as their last game, or as bad as their last game............

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just always see famous quotes for signatures, and I remember seeing mine somewhere, and thought it was hilarious.