• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wanted to share this great article IMHO

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has NOTHING to do with the Cowboys. Its an article about Foles struggles. The Philly Daily News is an absolutely great sports newspaper but the rest of it is crapola. They break down Foles 5 sacks in the 1st half and I found it really interesting. This isnt about the Eagles or Foles per se. Its just for the football fan who likes to break down the little clips during the game (similar to Jaws and Hodges Football show). I found it pretty interesting especially since Romo, Foles, RG3 and Eli Manning all struggled week 1.

Uuugh look how wiiiiiide open Maclin is for an easy 80 yard TD and Foles doesnt even see him. BAD!
Look at All Pro Jason Peters and All Pro Evan Mathis getting beat bad! Let me know what you guys think.

Film breakdown: Charting the five sacks the Eagles allowed against the Jaguars

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the verdict on Maclin anyway? DeSean's gone, I was under the assumption that Maclin was supposed to be the guy (primary target) but he never seems to be the primary focus in the passing game and as seen there - there were two WIDE open TD's on a platter and Nick doesn't even know Maclin's on the field. It's not just a Foles thing, Vick did so as well. I'm just wondering what your feelings are on him (Jeremy) - Seems to me, he is your new Jason Avant. Could just be he's not loud enough, or something along the lines of lacking drive or motivation.. I thought, coming out of the draft he was going to be pretty good in this league so I'm having a hard time thinking he just isn't skilled enough.. But there's something there, imo, thoughts?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the injuries he has had a good career as a number 2. He was consistently a 900 yards, 8 TD type of guy which is good for a #2. I expected much more from him. Many draft publications had him as a top 10 pick. THe year he came out he was the #1 rated return guy... but hes been bad in the return game.

I think the problem for his stats is that the Eagles have so many targets McCoy, Celek, Ertz, Sproles, Cooper and our new rookie 2nd round pick Jordan Matthews. The Eagles are also a run first team and I think there just arent enough balls to go around but DAMN he was WIIIIIIDE open for a 80 yard TD.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he sure aint Jason Avant. Avant was really slow but had great hands. Avant was also a #4 WR, Maclin is supposed to be our 1.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a big fan of Foles, or Maclin.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose so. I guess he's just not going to be as I expected. Still pretty good imo, I like that Mathews kid too, just picked him up in FF off the wire. Some kind of wild offense yall have over there in general. I was completely wrong going back to the beginning of last year - thinking they'd finish at the bottom and be there for awhile. Vick's departure has a lot to do with that imo. I think it's going to be a shootout on MNF, and hard to bet against Luck in those. I think we'll see ya at 1-1.