• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be rated with bullshit's and dislike's

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a big responsibility you're in charge of the interviews if you're up to the task
l_6f226f219f0da3fb9efa10c518e8da52.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it needs work, but we're getting there. I hear talk of an 8 team playoff system + conf division reform being brought up all the time. It will happen sooner or later.
I don't know gpm. The bowl traditionalists will throw a lot of money in an attempt to keep the first part from happening. Many of 'em are already unhappy not having the draw of the top four teams every year.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know gpm. The bowl traditionalists will throw a lot of money in an attempt to keep the first part from happening. Many of 'em are already unhappy not having the draw of the top four teams every year.

True, but we kicked the BCS and got our playoffs. I really do think we're heading in the right direction. It's all a matter of time.. just hang in there.

Well, sports fans.. I gotta head out. There's a cold tasty with my name on it and it's not gonna wait forever. See ya'll tomorrow!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it to a point. But by that standard I think Head to head losses.And losing the division matter more than one loss.When a team earns the right to play for that extra win in the same conference. I also think wins matter. Even if we are to make a case for OSU.I don't see a justifiable reason to rank them above three conference champions.That are 12-1. As I said anyone can win an OOC game. Winning a conference is an entirely different level of difficulty. By ignoring conference its watering down the season and conference play. People can say what they want about Washington's schedule. But a 13-0 or 12-1 conference champion.Is a higher standard than an 11-1 team that could not win their conference. If they are basing decisions on losses victories should be held to the same standard.
We have a committee exactly because it ALL has to be taken into account. Those that are unhappy with the results are poaching just specific parts of it and not keeping that broader full context in mind.

Ohio State is in because their one loss was the least damaging loss in college football this year outside of Michigans loss to Ohio State, AND they had a quality win OOC against Oklahoma, AND they had one of the tougher strength of schedules overall in college, AND they looked like a quality football team overall in their games. You cannot poach parts of that and skip the others.

Likewise, you cannot look at Penn State as simply a conference champ and not also look at a 39pt blow out loss to Michigan and a loss to an unranked team. It is all taken into account.

Winning a conference championship does matter and clearly it is the single greatest reason UW is in the final 4. That doesn't mean it is the answer to everything.

I have zero problems with this system as it is. If you win every game on your slate and you are a P5 you are almost guaranteed to be in the playoffs. Lose a game and you better make sure you had enough meat on the bone to cover that loss. The worst the loss the more your SoS and factors like winning the conference should come into play.

As long as we get at least the top two most deserving teams in, the rest doesn't matter. If you believe Penn State was the second best team in the country they by all means be upset over it. If they were 3rd or 4th in your mind then it really doesn't matter much. Penn State shouldn't get blown out next year or lose to an unranked team. Alabama will still have to face two challenges to reach that crown and that's what this system is designed to do.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a committee exactly because it ALL has to be taken into account. Those that are unhappy with the results are poaching just specific parts of it and not keeping that broader full context in mind.

Ohio State is in because their one loss was the least damaging loss in college football this year outside of Michigans loss to Ohio State, AND they had a quality win OOC against Oklahoma, AND they had one of the tougher strength of schedules overall in college, AND they looked like a quality football team overall in their games. You cannot poach parts of that and skip the others.

Likewise, you cannot look at Penn State as simply a conference champ and not also look at a 39pt blow out loss to Michigan and a loss to an unranked team. It is all taken into account.

Winning a conference championship does matter and clearly it is the single greatest reason UW is in the final 4. That doesn't mean it is the answer to everything.

I have zero problems with this system as it is. If you win every game on your slate and you are a P5 you are almost guaranteed to be in the playoffs. Lose a game and you better make sure you had enough meat on the bone to cover that loss. The worst the loss the more your SoS and factors like winning the conference should come into play.

As long as we get at least the top two most deserving teams in, the rest doesn't matter. If you believe Penn State was the second best team in the country they by all means be upset over it. If they were 3rd or 4th in your mind then it really doesn't matter much. Penn State shouldn't get blown out next year or lose to an unranked team. Alabama will still have to face two challenges to reach that crown and that's what this system is designed to do.
I think they will make changes within the conferences and expand to 6-8 games. If one good thing came from this year.With all the different directions the committee went. It will be a change that gives us a solid system. Without these cases the bugs don't get worked out

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will make changes within the conferences and expand to 6-8 games. If one good thing came from this year.With all the different directions the committee went. It will be a change that gives us a solid system. Without these cases the bugs don't get worked out
The part that failed us is entirely out of the playoff committees hands though. The conferences themselves decide how to find their two to face off in their championship game. Ohio State should have played against Wisconsin and there would have been no doubt at that point.

We don't need more playoff games, we need a better solution to crowning conference champs if you want to look at changes to address this playoff bunch or the similar situation from a couple of years ago. There is no need to tweak anything at the playoff committee level or in how many teams they are picking. Just fix it so we don't get a 2 loss team playing for the B1G over a team that looks to everyone like is a much more deserving team.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to actual on the field accomplishments, OSU actually did better. PSU didn't "accomplish" the Iowa upset over michigan, but because of that game they were allowed to play in the CCG against a team OSU already beat on the road.

OSU's achievements were better, our record was better, our stats were better. Plain and simple.
Except head to head. The Buckeyes were not better there. Oh and the CCG. The Buckeyes were not better there either...

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being reasonable has no place in this thread. You should be banned.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except head to head. The Buckeyes were not better there. Oh and the CCG. The Buckeyes were not better there either...
We were better for every play but one against PSU. And we were better than PSU in the CCG. They beat Wisconsin by 7 on a neutral field, we beat them on the road while they were coming off a bye. Advantage: OSU.