• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waiver pickups in a 12-team PPR

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in regards to my 12-team that I just did on Sunday. RBs are Charles, Bush and Gio. Not concerned with grabbing BJGE or J. Bell (who were both drafted), but I really would like to snatch up Knile Davis just in case. Here are the guys I could consider dropping -

Danny Woodhead
Cordarrelle Patterson
Kendall Wright
Roy Helu

Also, to add another wrench into things, I noticed Christine Michael just got dropped and is available right now on waivers.

What would ya'll do?

:suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in regards to my 12-team that I just did on Sunday. RBs are Charles, Bush and Gio. Not concerned with grabbing BJGE or J. Bell (who were both drafted), but I really would like to snatch up Knile Davis just in case. Here are the guys I could consider dropping -

Danny Woodhead
Cordarrelle Patterson
Kendall Wright
Roy Helu

Also, to add another wrench into things, I noticed Christine Michael just got dropped and is available right now on waivers.

What would ya'll do?

:suds:

I would stand pat for now and see how Helu/Woodhead will be used in the regular season before I dropped either of them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want christine or knile, i would drop one of your WRs... They both are very replaceable, and you can find similar value on the waivers... I prefer christine over knile only because i am not as high on lynch

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want christine or knile, i would drop one of your WRs... They both are very replaceable, and you can find similar value on the waivers... I prefer christine over knile only because i am not as high on lynch
I would agree with Milk on this one. Both Helu and Woodhead can be huge in a PPR this year..plus Helu is the direct backup in case Alf ends up in Shannys doghouse. And don't forget he was good enough that many thought he would be hands down the starting RB going into last season.
C. Patterson has the athletic ability to be a really great player, but I know he doesn't have a QB, or an offensive system to flourish in. And I'm not sure he has the head on his shoulders to thrive if he struggles initially. But of the two, he's the one I'd hang onto due to his potential for a big breakout
Kendrall Wright is nice enough, but he's no different than a dozen others that are surely on the wire. He's been around long enough that we know what he can do, and it ain't all that great..nice but not great.

And I'd probably take Michael over Knile Davis..it takes a certain type of back to flourish in Reids system, and I saw little in preseason that told me Davis was that kind of guy. Besides, Charles is more durable than he's given credit for

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendrall Wright is nice enough, but he's no different than a dozen others that are surely on the wire. He's been around long enough that we know what he can do, and it ain't all that great..nice but not great.

I think you are confusing Wright with someone else. While I do agree that you could easily replace him with another WR off waivers this year, last year was his rookie season. And dont forget he is playing with a QB that needs time to learn how to play at the NFL level.

Wright is a good WR in a bad situation right now, hard to say that he's been around long enough for us to know what he can do.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are confusing Wright with someone else. While I do agree that you could easily replace him with another WR off waivers this year, last year was his rookie season. And dont forget he is playing with a QB that needs time to learn how to play at the NFL level.

Wright is a good WR in a bad situation right now, hard to say that he's been around long enough for us to know what he can do.
Your dead on monkey. .I did that all year last year tio.. got him confused with Washington..doh! Still like Pattersons pure athleticism better, since both are pure speculation picks anyways

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would grab Davis and drop Patterson without hesitation. Can't see much production from a rookie WR with Ponder throwing him the ball... can you?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with Milk on this one. Both Helu and Woodhead can be huge in a PPR this year..plus Helu is the direct backup in case Alf ends up in Shannys doghouse. And don't forget he was good enough that many thought he would be hands down the starting RB going into last season.
C. Patterson has the athletic ability to be a really great player, but I know he doesn't have a QB, or an offensive system to flourish in. And I'm not sure he has the head on his shoulders to thrive if he struggles initially. But of the two, he's the one I'd hang onto due to his potential for a big breakout

And I'd probably take Michael over Knile Davis..it takes a certain type of back to flourish in Reids system, and I saw little in preseason that told me Davis was that kind of guy. Besides, Charles is more durable than he's given credit for

Wait a second!!! did treff just say he agreed with me?? I knew it would happen someday just did not realize today was the day!!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second!!! did treff just say he agreed with me?? I knew it would happen someday just did not realize today was the day!!!
Lol! Well when a few people get together and everyone has strong opinions on a lot of different things. . disagreements, and agreements, are bound to happen!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would grab Davis and drop Patterson without hesitation. Can't see much production from a rookie WR with Ponder throwing him the ball... can you?

I can for a couple reasons. .first and most importantly. .the defensive attention will be 98% on AP and the other 2 divided towards Jennings and Rudolph. Secondly, Patterson can do a lot of what Harvin did, and he was worthy even worth Ponder. Now in no way am I saying that he's Harvin this year.. just that I can see Minnesota doing whatever it can to get him the ball, like they did with Harvin