• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT that damn good or product of the schedule?

Garrett_TD23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not trying to troll here, but I don't see how the heck VT will be as good as last year's 11-3 team, though the schedule sets them up to possibly go undefeated in the regular season. Not many teams who lose their all time best QB, 2 of their top running backs, 3 starters on the D-line, 2 great kickers and actually get better the following season.

I'm very skeptical.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey garrett...cant remember if i said it before, but if not welcome to SportsHoopla, glad to have you here!

as for VT...i think it will be a little of both, our schedule definitely helps us out this year...but we've been hearing nothing but good things about new QB, Logan Thomas...RBs, not an issue with David Wilson and Josh Ogelsby and Tony Gregory...D-line, i'm not too worried, from what ive been hearing the D is in better shape than they were last year....kicking and punting might be a bit of a question mark...but if history tells us anything, it is that we shouldnt worry

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has excellent coaches, but the ACC being so weak helps also.

Garrett_TD23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The ACC is not going to be any weaker than most other BCS conferences.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That name looks familiar.....

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running backs are a dime a dozen and we have David Wilson and Josh Oglesby. Wilson is going to be an NFL back and Oglesby is a very solid back. As for kickers, we have had to replace kickers and punters every year for a few years now and have excellent play from them. So I'm really not too worried about that. Stephen Friday graduating and Chris Drager moving back to TE were big losses but we have two stud DE's to replace them so I'm not really worried.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line should be a lot deeper and the defense will tighten up. The running game will still be solid and the passing game may improve with a pocket passer type. The weaker schedule for a change will give more wins but the team itself is much more balanced all around now.

The ACC is actually going to be pretty decent this year. VT will be a top 10 or 15 team and FSU looks to be about the same or better. Miami will improve with Golden and Clemson has potential if they don't choke again. Maryland is better than most people thing and NC State will surprise a lot of people. UNC will be a 8 win team or so and Duke will make a bowl game. GT and UVA will be the bottom feeders.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line should be a lot deeper and the defense will tighten up. The running game will still be solid and the passing game may improve with a pocket passer type. The weaker schedule for a change will give more wins but the team itself is much more balanced all around now.

The ACC is actually going to be pretty decent this year. VT will be a top 10 or 15 team and FSU looks to be about the same or better. Miami will improve with Golden and Clemson has potential if they don't choke again. Maryland is better than most people thing and NC State will surprise a lot of people. UNC will be a 8 win team or so and Duke will make a bowl game. GT and UVA will be the bottom feeders.

You know, you had me all the way until here... then I lost it. That's a funny one. It may happen, you just don't hear it that much with someone being serious.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to troll here, but I don't see how the heck VT will be as good as last year's 11-3 team, though the schedule sets them up to possibly go undefeated in the regular season. Not many teams who lose their all time best QB, 2 of their top running backs, 3 starters on the D-line, 2 great kickers and actually get better the following season.

I'm very skeptical.

Schedule is the main thing, but VT seems to always have a decent team even after the lose major players.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They field good teams every year. ESDisneyPN keeps replaying last years James Madison game over and over and over and over and

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to withdraw my statement about Miami after recent activities. If any of this stuff is true they are the sheep... :hdn:

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm very skeptical.

Uh.... Michael Vick anyone?

williamofthehills

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VT might also be able to better utilize a really good group of recievers with a deeper and more experienced offensive line, as well as a QB who is 6'6" and can throw over the middle better than Taylor could at a listed 6'. The defense will be interesting to see. The linebackers are supposed to be better, but the down linemen are still not really a known quantity. Also, the team will be able to sharpen some skills the first few games, as the opponants are not Boise or Bama level football teams.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm very skeptical.

I don't see them being as good as last year, but schedule is a cakewalk. They were something like +19 in turnovers last year. No way they can duplicate that.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke?

Richmond
Stanford
At Boston College
Tulane
At Florida International
Florida State
Wake Forest
Virginia Tech
At Miami
At Virginia
Georgia Tech
At North Carolina

After Richmond, Tulane and FIU(assuming they win these game) what 3 games do you see as wins? Wake Forest? GT?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke?

Richmond
Stanford
At Boston College
Tulane
At Florida International
Florida State
Wake Forest
Virginia Tech
At Miami
At Virginia
Georgia Tech
At North Carolina

After Richmond, Tulane and FIU(assuming they win these game) what 3 games do you see as wins? Wake Forest? GT?

Duke has beat UVA the last 3 years, so that may be another win this year. They also played BC and UNC tough (5 point losses), but that was at home.

I think Duke will come up 1 game short of being bowl eligible.