• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Voynov will probably not be a King again.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmmm

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a guaranteed Democrat voter so he's screwed...

Zing.

Say what you want about Trump (I'm a Conservative and won't be voting for him - he has a plan, is intelligent but is a loose cannon. I can see us getting attacked again when he decides to literally bitch slap some sultan at a press conference) but he has addressed a lot of issues that have been elephants in the room for decades. He is addressing real issues important to Americans, not fluffing whichever corporation is supporting his campaign. Absolutely love it, especially his stance on immigration, the Iran deal and others.

Both parties are retarded but it's time someone put on the shit kickers and gave it to the politicians.

PS - good luck getting my guns. The only way you're leaving with them is with 2 slugs in you.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what it sounds like he was done with the Kings no matter what. They were going to void his contract the same as Richards if this wasnt cleared up by training camp but this makes it so they dont have it. Seems even if he was cleared up he was gone anyways via trade.

Kings keep his rights for 4 years so if he comes back they can trade him for something.

Glad this is over with. Sucks he ruined his own career but personally i'm glad he is no longer a King. Now we can move on.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this actually saves the Kings some face, but honestly I think the Kings were going to bring him back.

They are still taking a lot of heat for immediately terming Richards' contract when he wasn't even charged yet but hanging onto Voynov because he is young and more valued (yes, I know he needed to come off suspension in order for the Kings to do something - just demonstrating my point that people believe because of their level of play, the Kings cut ties immediately with a no longer useful player but hung onto a guy entering his prime). My theory is they were planning behind the scenes of how to integrate Voynov back into the team with as little blow back as possible. Let's be real here, T2 defenders not even 25 yet do not grow on trees but the ICE hold really messed that up.

Voynov voluntarily deporting himself makes the Kings look like good guys, especially with their statement (which I believe was released first already knowing Voynov was going to make a statement of his own) that they were terminating his contract but I don't believe for a second they intended on removing him from the team.

Regardless, been a tumultuous year for LA and the players involved. Stoll and Voynov are handled, one more to go.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trial pushed to Dec 8, I posted a link somewhere in this thread or another one.

Curious to see if anyone takes a flyer on him in the meantime pending his court case. Guys get hurt in Training Camp, don't perform as tabbed, teams discover needs - he isn't an elite 2 way guy anymore but could be a decent B6 signing for $1 million or under for some team.

Personally, with Stoll leaving I would have preferred Richards in the B6 centering those lines over Shore but at $5.75 million or whatever there simply is no justification for that in that role.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Richards is the real reason Kopitar is not signed.
Kings need to know what Richards is going to cost vs the cap.
Can't spend what you don't have, unless you're my wife.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Richards is the real reason Kopitar is not signed.
Kings need to know what Richards is going to cost vs the cap

I agree with this, which is why I am not freaking out. Dumbo has always made gentleman's agreements behind the scenes (4 years/$16 million for Handzus anyone?), I would not be surprised if Kopitar has a tentative deal waiting to be signed once the Richards fiasco is resolved. Process will start Dec 8 when he goes to court, and if wrapped up in time we could see an extension as early as Jan 1.

Doesn't make sense with that situation in limbo, the Kings just shed $4.2 million per season for the next 4 years on Voynov. Wait and see approach.

Can't spend what you don't have, unless you're my wife.

Gold.

And tell me about it.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck I think that they are eyeing Lucic too. Once the Richards situation is resolved, Dean may do a twofer.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck I think that they are eyeing Lucic too. Once the Richards situation is resolved, Dean may do a twofer.

I see what you're saying but I don't think one future contract hinges solely on the Richards' situation. Kopitar is the priority - a top 3 NHL center -and he will receive it over Lucic in any negotiation. Not just because of the position and how hard it is to have an elite centerman but also because Kopitar grew with this team and has completed the life cycle of baby to champion. Dumbo loooooooooooooooves to reward loyalty as we know and Kopitar has paid his dues to be here in LA and get a huge contract.

Lucic is a good player and from what I have read he seems to be meshing well in the locker room, but he obviously doesn't have that history with LA and while a priority will not be on the same level as Kopitar in regards to urgency although I do think he is up there unless some cheap alternative comes out of nowhere from the system (don't see it yet).

I've maintained Lucic is here to put Brown on notice - seems to have worked in the off season, anyone seen how dedicated Brown has been this summer to nutrition and fitness? Funny what happens when your younger, potentially bad ass replacement shows up - and if he outperforms him, this will be the year Brown is shopped actively simply to get rid of the contract. If Lucic is resigned, Brown will sent anywhere as a salary dump so don't expect a lot back.

In summary: Richards' situation will dictate Kopitar's contract, Brown's performance will dictate Lucic's contract.