• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Votto needs a day off

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude needs a day off. He's played the entire season. He's not getting the job done right now. He's in desperate need of a day off.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with this. But with all of these important games, its gonna be hard to do.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....will Hannahan hit better rested than Votto will tired ? I don't think so.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with this. But with all of these important games, its gonna be hard to do.

So having him go 0-for-5 again with 3 called strikeouts ... that ought to make the team better.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the team is better with him than Hannahan, who would be his replacement in all probability. Votto still causes the opposition to have to work the lineup around him, and anyone with a .300/20 line this tone of year is more likely to produce today, than a guy with a .200/0 line.

The season is a grind, but how many jobs paying 7-8 figures get 4 months off, and only work 5 hours a day the rest of the year ? I'd take it, and so will Votto, I'm sure. He'll also not go 0-fer very long.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're asking the wrong question 1507. it's not if hannahan will hit better than a tired votto tomorrow or next week? the question is what will votto be like on october 1 if he doesn't get a rest or two? if the reds are one of the wild cards they will have to play, in all likelihood, st. louis or pittsburgh. then, if they win, they're off to atlanta or los angeles. it's a brand new grind, after the grind of a 162 game regular season. fatigue can have extraordinary ill effects on a person of any profession. i could be wrong, but more mental errors, than you would normally see from a colleague, is usually a tell tale sign of fatigue. the man has played virtually every game and participated in all-star week. rest him for a game against the cubs and astros. i know the reds are pursuing the division crown, but what difference does it make if your best hitter is drooling and burnt out come october 1? hyper focused, hard working, perfectionists with superior talent need days off too. how much money he makes doesn't matter. if you are exhausted, for whatever reason, you are exhausted. and you can not, and will not perform at your best. try as you may.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're asking the wrong question 1507. it's not if hannahan will hit better than a tired votto tomorrow or next week? the question is what will votto be like on october 1 if he doesn't get a rest or two? if the reds are one of the wild cards they will have to play, in all likelihood, st. louis or pittsburgh. then, if they win, they're off to atlanta or los angeles. it's a brand new grind, after the grind of a 162 game regular season. fatigue can have extraordinary ill effects on a person of any profession. i could be wrong, but more mental errors, than you would normally see from a colleague, is usually a tell tale sign of fatigue. the man has played virtually every game and participated in all-star week. rest him for a game against the cubs and astros. i know the reds are pursuing the division crown, but what difference does it make if your best hitter is drooling and burnt out come october 1? hyper focused, hard working, perfectionists with superior talent need days off too. how much money he makes doesn't matter. if you are exhausted, for whatever reason, you are exhausted. and you can not, and will not perform at your best. try as you may.

Yeah, pretty much this. I think it's better to have an ineffective Hannahan in over an ineffective Votto for one game rather than having an ineffective Votto for the rest of the season. For whatever reason, be it fatigue or his head not being screwed on straight, Votto is taking a complete nosedive. A day off could give him a chance to rest and clear his head.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, and I know it has merit....

I just think Votto needs the Geico therapist to kick his ass and trll him to stip feeling sorry gor himself...and maybe take some better depression meds...its lack of focus that makes you slump, physical "fatigue" is pretty rare without injury...he can sleep 14 hours a day and not miss work..what he really needs is to stop creeping his hands in just trying to make contact like a .230 hitter, and simplify...stop check swinging and guessing pitches, just load back and take a whack. He'd be fine.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good post, sir..... I agree Votto needs a couple days off.....

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get 4 months off this winter. The problem isn't just Votto, the other guys in the lineup will hit less without Votto in the lineup. Dusty is getting this one right. Votto will break out again soon. Book it.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Votto is struggling at the plate but one game off doesn't suddenly fix the problem. Votto will just have to work his way out of this funk. He definitely isn't seeing the ball like he usually does.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes deeper than seeing the ball, he's stumbling around at first base making physical and mental errors, and he's running the bases horribly. He's physically or mentally worn out (or both). A day off Wed v the Cubs plus the regular Thu off day could do wonders.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So having him go 0-for-5 again with 3 called strikeouts ... that ought to make the team better.

Joey just being in this lineup makes this lineup better, I don't know if you realize that or not. But even when he is struggling he is capable at any time on breaking out of it, which means pitchers pitch him the same way. Votto will break out of it sooner then later, I don't think a day off is coming anytime soon. BTW Just in case you guys don't know, Joey Votto has started every game this year.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, Votto hasn't started every game. He didn't start a game in June against the Brewers, but did pinch hit late in the game. The Reds won 4-3.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, I would give him all the games against the Cubs off. as things stand now, but if Phillips is hurt. That can change things. They said day to day, but they also said that before and it was a lot more

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Votto has the tools to get out of a slump. Most decent hitters do.
I would agree that nobody is going to pitch around Phillips to get to the guy.
If anything, he's sloppy on defense.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/Ryan here.

I know Dusty thinks the lineup is a salad, but I believe the lineup vegetables get treated differently depending on which ones lie next to them. It's part of whats wrong with Votto, although the strategy not to give in to him hasn't...and BP in the 2 and Bruce in the 4 is the most logical lineup Dusty's had all year, and makes reprocussions of walking Votto better for the Reds.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and a loss to the Cubs or any other team, is a lost chance at gaining a game. This team is 3 games down, not 3 games up. Shouldn't have lost those games to lousy teams earlier.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/2 2 run HR 3-2 win. Must have gotten some rest last night, huh ? This would have been a 2-1 loss with Votto testing, and the Reds wouldn't have gained a game. Let him rest in November.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole argument is moot if Votto suddenly starts hitting again.....last night was a good start.....