• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vote For Barry Sanders!!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry! Barry! Barry!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep!

You can vote for him in all your browsers, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera. I voted on all four!

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's yet to be seen how the Madden Curse works with retired HOF running backs. But we already saw how it prevents future HOF receivers from catching passes in the endzone. I, personally, will not be tempting fate. Thanks again for the 4-12 season Muzz and Kreton. (and any other misguided A-hole Lions fan who thought it was a good idea to vote for CJ).

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's yet to be seen how the Madden Curse works with retired HOF running backs. But we already saw how it prevents future HOF receivers from catching passes in the endzone. I, personally, will not be tempting fate. Thanks again for the 4-12 season Muzz and Kreton. (and any other misguided A-hole Lions fan who thought it was a good idea to vote for CJ).

CJ still set the single year reciveving record.....I didn't see a torn ACL....Isn't that what the curse was about, the player being injured the following year.

I'm pretty sure the curse was broken by CJ, the other 52 guys on the team set the tone for 4-12...without CJ, good chance of 0-16 last year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many points is the yardage record worth? Absofuckinglutely ZERO!!!! CJ also had more drops than BP. You guys are crazy for screwing with the Video Game Gods.... CRAZY!!!!!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted for AD. First running back in a long time on Barry's level.

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you vote for Terrel Davis? He was 10 times the RB Barry Sanders was.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I vote for John Elway? He was a Bronco, and actually looked like a horse. Kinda like Shannon Sharpe. Barry looked nothing like a lion.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you vote for Terrel Davis? He was 10 times the RB Barry Sanders was.

Hahahhahaa. Good one. :laugh3:

TD was a HOF caliber RB for sure, but not on Barry's level. Only Jim Brown and Walter Peyton were, though, so that's some elite company...

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Congrats to Barry Sanders for winning the cover!!! It's official now.

And congrats to the Lions for back-to-back Madden covers. I know it's a bit silly to care about. But when you are a Lions fan you take excitement wherever you can find it.

I know I'm biased. But I also know that there are non-Lions fans that also believe Barry Sanders was the greatest RB to ever play the game of football.

In 10 years I believe it's possible that Calvin Johnson will be considered the greatest WR to ever play the game of football. I know right now that seems like a stupid thing to say because obviously Jerry Rice is the greatest ever. But give it time. Let Megatron finish his career and then we can at least have that conversation. People get so defensive. Same thing happens when I suggest that in 10 years Lebron James might be considered the greatest basketball player ever. HOW CAN I SAY THAT?!? NO ONE WILL EVER BE BETTER THAN JORDAN!!! But give it time. Let King James finish his career and then we can at least have that conversation.

My point? Simple.

When it's all said and done the Lions franchise might be able to brag that we had the two greatest individual offensive talents the game has ever known.

That's pretty cool. Something to hang your hat on I guess. We'll never win a Super Bowl. But no one will ever be able to take Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson away from us. At least something is special about the Detroit Lions. The day before Mayhew will inevitably butcher another draft setting the Lions up for our 60th consecutive disappointing season and continuing one of the most dismal franchises in sports history.....I needed something to cheer me up.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to get an un-opened copy of each game and get them autographed. That'd be a cool addition to the old man cave...

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see he got it. Probably my all-time favorite RB. Just so electric to watch play.... It ended wayyy too soon.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm biased. But I also know that there are non-Lions fans that also believe Barry Sanders was the greatest RB to ever play the game of football.

I am one of those fans. Throw a cold bucket of water on me at 3am, ask me who the greatest RB to ever play the game was and I'll tell you without a moment's hesitation it was Barry Sanders. We needed another season of him at least.