• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vontaze Burfict at OLB?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A little draft talk...

So it looks like the Niners will be picking later in the first 'cause they're going to win the NFC West. Say Burfict is there for some reason, and he's the best player on the board. The Niners don't really need an ILB. So how would you feel about playing him at OLB? He's great at blitzing, and I'm sure he's be better in coverage than any current Niner OLB. He probably would never be a 10 sack guy, but he would OWN the edge.

Whad'ya think?

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a walking personal foul penalty waiting to happen. He's a beast, but reckless.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's a walking personal foul penalty waiting to happen. He's a beast, but reckless.

I heard he's tempered that this season.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's walking personal foul penalty waiting to happen. He's a beast, but reckless.

I heard he's tempered that this season.

And that has affected his play. He's not nearly as explosive and isn't making the same impact as last season. His stock is dropping. 3 of his 4 sacks this year came in week 1 against UC Davis. He's been pretty irrelevant since then.

I was laughing at the people who were comparing him to Willis as a prospect last year, and I still am.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Huh... I haven't seen any ASU games this season. I wanted to catch the USC game, but I missed it. Dude was a terror last year.

What do you think of him as a prospect? Is he just having a slow start? Is he still top 20 material?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is (was?) vastly overrated. He was never a top-5 or 10 pick like a lot of people were saying. He's a physical presence in the middle, but he's a little to slow to react outside the tackles and he's not as explosive as some people claim. Like bigninerfan was saying, the guy plays real nasty and that could hurt a team because of all the penalties. He's doing better in that area this year, but he's not making as big of an impact because of it.

I think he's a 3rd best LB in this draft class. Somewhere in a mid twenties would be a pretty good spot for him as a final cog to a defensive front 7.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he much better than Brooks at OLB in the 3-4?

I would say that if i were interested but since the niners are doing well, no need to discuss prospects!!!! the fight goes on!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he much better than Brooks at OLB in the 3-4?

I would say that if i were interested but since the niners are doing well, no need to discuss prospects!!!! the fight goes on!

So transparent...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen much of him this season, but i would have a problem with us drafting him in the first round. I see QB/CB/WR as our biggest needs right now and this is a good class for all of the above IMO (i know clyde will disagree about the CB's). I don't see the point in taking him when our linebackers may actually be set for the first time in a long time.

If we are drafting lower in round 1 i would like us to either trade up for Landry Jones (since Luck would be out of the question in this scenario) or go after a guy like Ryan Broyles, Michael Floyd, or maybe the falling Alshon Jeffery. Or just go after a CB like Morris Claiborne (all though he is quickly on the rise), Dre Kirkpatrick, or Jayron Hosley.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I had the same line of thought with Burfict, so it's probably not a good idea when you consider my pass rusher history.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, I had the same line of thought with Burfict, so it's probably not a good idea when you consider my pass rusher history.

That's just the thing; he isn't a pass rusher. I just threw it out there because of his other great attributes & up-side.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona St. is playing Utah right now if anyone is interested in watching Vontaze Burfict. Another guy worth a note is Brock Osweiler, the QB for ASU. A lot of people are comparing him to Ryan Mallett. Very similar from a physical standpoint.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing (or seeing) a comparison to mallet on a physical basis i immediately think drunkenmiller

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arizona St. is playing Utah right now if anyone is interested in watching Vontaze Burfict. Another guy worth a note is Brock Osweiler, the QB for ASU. A lot of people are comparing him to Ryan Mallett. Very similar from a physical standpoint.

I think Brock's a legit NFL prospect. Had the same impression on me 1st time I watched him play (Mallett-esque). He needs to put on some weight though and definitely stay another year in school to fine tune just about every aspect of his game.