• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Visiting Your House

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be visiting your park this season the Wednesday, Thursday games after the scheduled day/night double header in Phoenix on Memorial day......

A few questions for y'all if you don't mind......Which dugout is the visiting dugout in your park? I've never been to Dallas before so don't know if Arlington and any areas around the park are good places to stay or if I should stay elsewhere and commute.......I'm assuming I'll need to rent a car, as I'm thinking public transportation isn't a priority there just as it's not something to rely on in Arizona......I do like visiting the cities with great public transportation so I don't have to have a vehicle to drive.....last year I went to San Francisco and Oakland as my new (to me) ballparks to visit.....I was able to walk to AT&T from the hotel......not a short walk, but doable......

My baseball trips this year are split up as I'm going to Fenway in early August also.....

Any tips and advice for my trip to Arlington would be greatly appreciated!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rent a Lexus..the free valet was nice...

I need to confirm this but I thought all visiting dugouts were 3rd base line

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a couple places to stay near the ballpark and if you're willing to pay for a cheap cab, they options increase quite a bit. Also many hotels within the vicinity of the ballpark will offer free shuttle service to the ballpark. I would definitely inquire about this with the hotel directly to make sure.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that anyone cares...and its from wikipedia..but

Teams and ballparks with home dugouts on the first base side
Atlanta Braves (Turner Field)
Baltimore Orioles (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Boston Red Sox (Fenway Park)
Cincinnati Reds (Great American Ball Park)
Colorado Rockies (Coors Field)
Houston Astros (Minute Maid Park)
Kansas City Royals (Kauffman Stadium)
Milwaukee Brewers (Miller Park)
Minnesota Twins (Target Field)
New York Mets (Citi Field)
New York Yankees (Yankee Stadium)
Philadelphia Phillies (Citizens Bank Park)
San Diego Padres (PETCO Park)
Seattle Mariners (Safeco Field)
St. Louis Cardinals (Busch Stadium)
Tampa Bay Rays (Tropicana Field)
Texas Rangers (Rangers Ballpark in Arlington)
Washington Nationals (Nationals Park)

Teams and ballparks with home dugouts on the third base side
Arizona Diamondbacks (Chase Field)
Chicago Cubs (Wrigley Field)
Chicago White Sox (U.S. Cellular Field)
Cleveland Indians (Progressive Field)
Detroit Tigers (Comerica Park)
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (Angel Stadium of Anaheim)
Los Angeles Dodgers (Dodger Stadium)
Miami Marlins (Marlins Park)[4]
Oakland Athletics (Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)
Pittsburgh Pirates (PNC Park)
San Francisco Giants (AT&T Park)
Toronto Blue Jays (Rogers Centre)

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely would recommend staying in Arlington. From DFW airport RBIA area is a very simple 10-mile drive from the rental car center but I would opt for a hotel shuttle or cab. Like PHX metropolitan area ... DFW Metroplex is huge ... as the Census Bureau defines the Metroplex it is as large in area as the states of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined. Staying in Arlington (or elsewhere in the 'mid cities area' like Euless) puts you right in the middle of everything.

A day excursion to Six Flags or to tour Cowboys Stadium is all right there. Fort Worth Stock Yards to the west or downtown Dallas and the JFK Memorial Center to the east are both within 20 miles of RBIA.

Bet with the home-home series with Arizona that a tour company in Phoenix is packaging a trip to include tickets, transportation, hotel and day tours for fans there too. Pricing that out would give you a cost to shoot at to package your own deal. You might even find a hotel in Arlington that will provide airport shuttles and shuttles to RBIA too.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be visiting your park this season the Wednesday, Thursday games after the scheduled day/night double header in Phoenix on Memorial day......

A few questions for y'all if you don't mind......Which dugout is the visiting dugout in your park? I've never been to Dallas before so don't know if Arlington and any areas around the park are good places to stay or if I should stay elsewhere and commute.......I'm assuming I'll need to rent a car, as I'm thinking public transportation isn't a priority there just as it's not something to rely on in Arizona......I do like visiting the cities with great public transportation so I don't have to have a vehicle to drive.....last year I went to San Francisco and Oakland as my new (to me) ballparks to visit.....I was able to walk to AT&T from the hotel......not a short walk, but doable......

My baseball trips this year are split up as I'm going to Fenway in early August also.....

Any tips and advice for my trip to Arlington would be greatly appreciated!

Which dugout is the visiting dugout in your park?
3rd base side.
I have tickets to one of the games.... but I do not know where you want to sit. I'm 3rd base side (more out towards LF) 2nd tier though.

View would look somewhat like this.
http://www.rangerfans.com/images/seatselector/214.jpg

Though if you wanted something right behind the dugout - then stubhub is your best option.

Where to stay?
There are 2 hotels within walking distance of the ballpark.
Hotels in Arlington Texas | Sheraton Arlington Hotel
Arlington Texas Hotels near Rangers Ballpark | Hotels in Arlington TX

As for public transportation, the dart train does not come all the way out to Arlington (sad). However, using the DART is a great way to get around downtown dallas. (for future reference). We do have cabs and other forms of transpo, but I have never personally used them.

Around the ballpark, (like WMW said) is Six Flags & Cowboys stadium. (Both within walking distance)(or a short cab ride)...and then Hurricane Harbor on the other side of 30.

Nightlife wise, closest option is Fort Worth. (if you stayed in Arlington).
I would also recommend FTW over Dallas..for "nightlife" options....but that's just me. Lower Greenville (Greenville Ave) if venturing to Dallas though. Lower Greenville, Dallas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that anyone cares...and its from wikipedia..but

Teams and ballparks with home dugouts on the first base side
Atlanta Braves (Turner Field)
Baltimore Orioles (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Boston Red Sox (Fenway Park)
Cincinnati Reds (Great American Ball Park)
Colorado Rockies (Coors Field)
Houston Astros (Minute Maid Park)
Kansas City Royals (Kauffman Stadium)
Milwaukee Brewers (Miller Park)
Minnesota Twins (Target Field)
New York Mets (Citi Field)
New York Yankees (Yankee Stadium)
Philadelphia Phillies (Citizens Bank Park)
San Diego Padres (PETCO Park)
Seattle Mariners (Safeco Field)
St. Louis Cardinals (Busch Stadium)
Tampa Bay Rays (Tropicana Field)
Texas Rangers (Rangers Ballpark in Arlington)
Washington Nationals (Nationals Park)

Teams and ballparks with home dugouts on the third base side
Arizona Diamondbacks (Chase Field)
Chicago Cubs (Wrigley Field)
Chicago White Sox (U.S. Cellular Field)
Cleveland Indians (Progressive Field)
Detroit Tigers (Comerica Park)
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (Angel Stadium of Anaheim)
Los Angeles Dodgers (Dodger Stadium)
Miami Marlins (Marlins Park)[4]
Oakland Athletics (Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)
Pittsburgh Pirates (PNC Park)
San Francisco Giants (AT&T Park)
Toronto Blue Jays (Rogers Centre)

I care! :D Thank you, sir!

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a couple places to stay near the ballpark and if you're willing to pay for a cheap cab, they options increase quite a bit. Also many hotels within the vicinity of the ballpark will offer free shuttle service to the ballpark. I would definitely inquire about this with the hotel directly to make sure.

Definitely would recommend staying in Arlington. From DFW airport RBIA area is a very simple 10-mile drive from the rental car center but I would opt for a hotel shuttle or cab. Like PHX metropolitan area ... DFW Metroplex is huge ... as the Census Bureau defines the Metroplex it is as large in area as the states of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined. Staying in Arlington (or elsewhere in the 'mid cities area' like Euless) puts you right in the middle of everything.

A day excursion to Six Flags or to tour Cowboys Stadium is all right there. Fort Worth Stock Yards to the west or downtown Dallas and the JFK Memorial Center to the east are both within 20 miles of RBIA.

Bet with the home-home series with Arizona that a tour company in Phoenix is packaging a trip to include tickets, transportation, hotel and day tours for fans there too. Pricing that out would give you a cost to shoot at to package your own deal. You might even find a hotel in Arlington that will provide airport shuttles and shuttles to RBIA too.

Which dugout is the visiting dugout in your park?
3rd base side.
I have tickets to one of the games.... but I do not know where you want to sit. I'm 3rd base side (more out towards LF) 2nd tier though.

View would look somewhat like this.
http://www.rangerfans.com/images/seatselector/214.jpg

Though if you wanted something right behind the dugout - then stubhub is your best option.

Where to stay?
There are 2 hotels within walking distance of the ballpark.
Hotels in Arlington Texas | Sheraton Arlington Hotel
Arlington Texas Hotels near Rangers Ballpark | Hotels in Arlington TX

As for public transportation, the dart train does not come all the way out to Arlington (sad). However, using the DART is a great way to get around downtown dallas. (for future reference). We do have cabs and other forms of transpo, but I have never personally used them.

Around the ballpark, (like WMW said) is Six Flags & Cowboys stadium. (Both within walking distance)(or a short cab ride)...and then Hurricane Harbor on the other side of 30.

Nightlife wise, closest option is Fort Worth. (if you stayed in Arlington).
I would also recommend FTW over Dallas..for "nightlife" options....but that's just me. Lower Greenville (Greenville Ave) if venturing to Dallas though. Lower Greenville, Dallas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks everyone! Seems unanimous from you three that staying in Arlington is my best bet. One more question about night life.....I want to check out an actual Texas honky tonk (not one with rough rednecks that will kick my ass...LOL) but one that plays actual country music/ Texas Red Dirt country type of music with a live band......Anything like that in Arlington or am I gonna have to go to Fort Worth or Dallas for that......I don't want a country dance club that plays more AC/DC and classic rock then country (which is the extent of country bars in Tucson, and I do like AC/DC and classic rock, but not when I want to go to a country bar...:D)

Everyone has had great information/ideas so far! Thanks!

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to one of my favorite Texas artists websites to see his calendar and he had links to some of his favorite places.....most were in Austin or Houston, but he listed this one from Ft Worth.....

***Pearls Home***

This sounds exactly the type of place I'm looking for....:D

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone! Seems unanimous from you three that staying in Arlington is my best bet. One more question about night life.....I want to check out an actual Texas honky tonk (not one with rough rednecks that will kick my ass...LOL) but one that plays actual country music/ Texas Red Dirt country type of music with a live band......Anything like that in Arlington or am I gonna have to go to Fort Worth or Dallas for that......I don't want a country dance club that plays more AC/DC and classic rock then country (which is the extent of country bars in Tucson, and I do like AC/DC and classic rock, but not when I want to go to a country bar...:D)

Everyone has had great information/ideas so far! Thanks!

Home | Billy Bob's TexasBilly Bob's Texas | The World's Largest Honky Tonk
Comes to mind... (fort worth)

as does Cowboys in Arlington.
Cowboys Dancehall - Arlington

Fort Worth Nightlife Guide - Bars, Nightclubs, Theaters, Entertainment
Arlington Texas | Hotels, Restaurants, Things To Do, Cowboys Stadium Information, Texas Rangers Packages | ExperienceArlington.org

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Bob's is in Ft Worth? Awesome!

Why was I thinking it was in Austin??? :L @ me

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah driaz.....stay in arlington.....and the ballpark is right off of interstate 30 and i-30 also will take you right to downtown ft.worth or dallas

i would say go to billy bobs as well also billy bobs is in the stockyards.....if you have time just go run a round the stockyards during the day its a pretty cool place....with daily cattle drives :D

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to one of my favorite Texas artists websites to see his calendar and he had links to some of his favorite places.....most were in Austin or Houston, but he listed this one from Ft Worth.....

***Pearls Home***

This sounds exactly the type of place I'm looking for....:D

This is just my opinion, but as far as night life goes stick to Arlington and Ft Worth. The people are more down to earth and friendly. There is a world of difference in Dallas and Ft Worth clubs.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just my opinion, but as far as night life goes stick to Arlington and Ft Worth. The people are more down to earth and friendly. There is a world of difference in Dallas and Ft Worth clubs.

This, plus if he likes country type places, ft worth is the place to be

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again for all the recommendations!!!

Now I have a question.....for my night life, it all seems to be hanging out in Ft. Worth......so maybe I should stay in Ft. Worth, and just take the long commutes to the two games in Arlington and then do short cab rides the rest of the time.....I'm going to stay through the weekend so I'll have Friday and Saturday nights to hit the Honky Tonks.....although from the link provided earlier, I can get a room at the Marriott in Arlington close to the park for $100 a night because I'm "long term" stay of 5 nights.....that's mighty tempting.....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really just depends.....if you have no interest in going over to dallas then stay in ft.worth

if you are in arlington you are right in the middle of just about everything dfw has to offer.....there is lots of stuff in arlington as well but if you want some country type bars ft. worth will be good for you, we are cowtown after all

hit up the stockyards for sure and the flying saucer downtown ft. worth is a good bar and 7th street has a good night scene as well.......dallas i really got no clue only go there for maverick games