• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Basketball Week 15: Feb. 11 - Feb. 17, @UVA, @NC State

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. I tend to watch the ball too much so I couldn't tell but it looked like we just made the defender run through all the screens instead of offering help in terms of bumping wood, hedging the screen or switching. It was pretty obvious that if Wood caught it with any kind of space; he was going to make the 3. He got all his points besides FT from running around screens.

We helped him out a lot of that. I noticed several plays where we actually screened ourselves because both of our defenders would run into each other like they had never seen screens before. Just a lack of communication between players. It's been a consistent problem on defense all year.

Game was pretty good. I thought we put forth the best effort since that Ok St game. We had plenty of chances to win, we just didn't make winning plays. We're just too sloppy and reckless, usually at the worst possible times. Like NC St would make a run and instead of keeping composure and having a "next play" mentality, everything would come to a halt. No defensive pressure and lots of standing around on offense. We'd settle down but then turn the ball over with a brain fart play or someone would rush a bad shot. You can't win games like that, no matter how much effort you put it. You have to play with your head, not your heart. Better showing than some of the embarrassments over the last 2 months though so I can live with it today. If we can finish out the season playing like that, it'll look like we at least have a direction as opposed to the "5 strangers at a summer rec league" thing we've been doing.