• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Jalyn Holmes named his top 3: Ohio State, Florida State and Clemson.

No surprise, I posted a while ago saying he wasn't feeling VT anymore judging from twitter.

BLeV6uzCIAEh3Nv.jpg:large

:hellno:

Where the hell did Ohio State come from?

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLeV6uzCIAEh3Nv.jpg:large

:hellno:

Where the hell did Ohio State come from?

I was gonna say, well at least if he goes out of conference we won't have to face him......and then realized we play Ohio State too. :frusty:

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Disappointed about Holmes. Not sure where this 2014 class for the Hokies is right now.

Who needs highly-rated in-state talent when you can beat UMass for middling offensive linemen?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs highly-rated in-state talent when you can beat UMass for middling offensive linemen?

I'm not happy about Holmes either, but Grimes targeted Gallo specifically to be a center in his O Line. That's enough for me to see him as a good get. I think this comment is a bit unfair.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Disappointed about JH but it has looked like it might go in that direction for awhile now. I say keep the doors open for him as long as a (positional) schollie is available and move on. Burke is a good TE prospect and there are ALOT of good OLB/DE still left on VTs board.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not happy about Holmes either, but Grimes targeted Gallo specifically to be a center in his O Line. That's enough for me to see him as a good get. I think this comment is a bit unfair.

Grimes targeted him after all the other OL targets they wanted committed elsewhere.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to some people about Gallo, Grimes has wanted him for a while. He "would have recruited him at Auburn" as well. Other but name schools were interested but wanted him to camp because he didn't have a lot if film. He was all state in a state that has a high talent level.

Pitt, OSU, MSU and UGA all may offer soon as well.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So reavis is visiting Tennessee and Clemson this weekend?
Anyone else know if that is actually true?

Ps Tennessee now has number 1 class in the nation.

VTHokieJ2004

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confident in Holmes choosing VT after reading a few VT boards online, so him dropping us so quickly is a bit surprising. It has me worried since a lot of VT "insiders" think we're in good standing with Hand. Hope that one works out. Michigan fans are confident they'll get him. So who knows. All i know is that I want players who WANT to be Hokies.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So reavis is visiting Tennessee and Clemson this weekend?
Anyone else know if that is actually true?

Ps Tennessee now has number 1 class in the nation.

Nah, if you look at the date of the tweet he retweeted, it was from march. Not sure why he retweeted it now tho. Maybe just like a joke between him and that guy.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FWIW -- people talk like we're out of it with Holmes .. I don't think that we're cut from his list but naming a top 3 with VT not on it?? That's telling if you ask me. We should continue recruiting him but maybe focus more of our efforts elsewhere. It doesn't surprise me that in a way that he's looking out of state, considering some of the people that is in his ear. He doesn't want to go to the UVA-dumpster fire (good move JH) .. but doesn't want to play against his friends either ..

Tough pill to swallow but I feel good about the defensive lineman that we end up with either way. We have great depth now, Wyatt Teller, Vinny Mihota ... looking good for Hand, Street, Nnadi, and Walker. People are saying that Powell is a sleeper and he has a great offer list. If we offer (think he's camping this weekend), we'll probably be in the driver's seat for him. Have 3+ VERY good DL in '15 and we'll get a few of them.

I want to land Raymon Minor .. Kid is a freaking beast and has linebacker star written all over him. We'll get ours at DB .. all day long. Bottom line -- our defensive recruiting has never been better (only ding is landing some higher caliber LBs)

Our offensive recruiting??? We will see over the next few years. Our QB recruiting will be fine. Per VTScoop on 247, David Cornwell will likely visit this weekend << #1 QB in the country and it looks like it's down to Bama, VT, and Tennessee. Jacob Park is a great get. VTScoop also says that Mason Rudolph will be visiting soon (this weekend?). We will land a great QB in '14. Mark my word.

What we need are star WRs ... and stud OL. We'll get our QBs and our RBs

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we better offer boone. also, anything on any good LBs? when we have solid LB corps, we are damn near impossible to score on. we havent been nasty at LB since X and V hall

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we better offer boone. also, anything on any good LBs? when we have solid LB corps, we are damn near impossible to score on. we havent been nasty at LB since X and V hall

Minor projects as a LB, and Glover will get an offer and commit as well. Both of those guys will be nasty. Check film on them.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still "truly" in it for Andrew Brown???

Obviously Sims had some academic problems that couldn't be resolved. I do wonder how this development, as well as possibly others is going to affect UVA's presence in the 757?? and in particular with Oscar Smith and Morgan. May be zero effect at at all...

I have a bold prediction...

CML will not be the coach at UVA in a couple more years...and Tom O'Brien (who very well could take over) would have as tough a time recruiting that area than Groh did. In a few more years, the brief UVA "757 stranglehold" will be just a distant memory. This starts this year..JMHO

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to contact friends about Andrew Brown because theres a rumor that UVA is out of it for him, but we should wait until theres someone who could confirm that... Until than its hearsay