• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stoked to see how this class turns out. I was very excited for the 2013 class and the 2014 has huge potential. I hope we can get it rolling early like we did last year right after NSD. (Not to mention we already have 4 in the class)

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach just said he's hoping to get a QB commitment for 2014 soon.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probably Park, possibly Cornwell (though he hasn't even visited)

.. Sounds like he's figured out that he should jump a good situation and that he planned to talk with VT today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume he is talking about Michigan taking Speight??? If so, I understand his view, but that is kinda the way it goes in recruiting. Sounds like he is finding that out quickly.

The BEST Lesson I can learn from this is, don't get caught up in the recruiting, find a coach and program you love and commit to them

Well said young man. And that is a great philosophy if you are really gonna stick with your commitment. I just hate it when kids jump on board with a school to "secure" themselves a spot and continue to shop around until they get the offer they really, really want or something better, That is what pisses me off.

I think it would be a good thing when the NCAA allows an early signing period. Couple that with no off campus visits before their senior year, and other rules..and then they will have a good system that may be good for everyone.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Once you commit, contact with other schools should be halted unless you decommit.

That would stop a lot of foolishness.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we only take one quarterback this class, I want Park over Cornwell.

Park has more upside, IMO. He also has family in Blacksburg and Goose Creek is a 5-6 hour drive from Blacksburg. I don't want another Big 12 country kid who flakes out and decides he wants to stay home. TJ Milweard anyone.

I would take both, but I really really want Park.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we only take one quarterback this class, I want Park over Cornwell.

Park has more upside, IMO. He also has family in Blacksburg and Goose Creek is a 5-6 hour drive from Blacksburg. I don't want another Big 12 country kid who flakes out and decides he wants to stay home. TJ Milweard anyone.

I would take both, but I really really want Park.

If all things are equal you have to take the "hometown" kid in hopes future recruits will follow him.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
new recruiting areas from andy bitter:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah l. Have a feeling with this kid, it won't matter ... By end of spring, we'll have a very good 2014 QB I think

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per AB's tweets, sounds like there is a renewed focus on recruiting/hitting Pennsylvania hard. With the scholarship limits/sanctions on Penn St. Now is the time. I will be very, very interested to see how Grimes does in regards to OL recruiting this year. That is the key to the next few years IMO.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go out on a limb and say we end up with a Top 10 (maybe even Top 5) recruiting class next year. I believe 3 out of the 4 current commits are already Rivals 250 guys correct? If we could pull some guys like Hand, Holmes, Reavis, Park, Cornwell, Moss, Prince, Walker...we could end up with something special in the next few years.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hmmm ... you feel pretty good about prince? getting moss and prince would be making a pretty huge statement re: grimes. i'd be surprised if we took cornwell AND park but hey -- can you really turn down those guys as important as the QB position is?